Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wagner BMW

Re: Wagner BMW

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Max BMW in Rye? never been there and i dont know how they are but they are a small BMW dealer.
    They're actually one of the largest in the country, selling rafts of used bikes on eBay as well as having shops in North Hampton, Troy NY, and Brookfield CT. Most of their inventory is online. They have a very good reputation at Yankee Beemers.

They also do some amazing BMW restorations. They brought a couple of bikes to the Euro bike show at Larz Anderson.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

truncated phrase here trider143's Avatar

Others have mentioned the 'above named salesman'. Some years ago I was ready to buy an RT in cash, but after a test ride. 'Sales guy' wanted a negotiated P&S first. eff him. Went to GBM BMW not knowing about Second Wind or other places at the time. Got the test ride, great sales support from GBM, and they got the sale. Having said that, I also have reasons to recommend Second Wind and Max. I preferred this place when Mark was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by FalArAk View Post
    So I went there for the first time today with my buddy who was looking for a new bike.

He wants a 1000RR //
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...w-s1000rr.html

Redistribution Supplier

The salesman was a bald guy,is this Rocco ? I think he was more interested in selling a $40k used Indian than selling a BMW.

Anyways,thanks for all the shop suggestions..We will check them out.

Garandman,he generally buys new stuff..Thanks for the link though.

Quote Originally Posted by FalArAk View Post
    The salesman was a bald guy,is this Rocco ? I think he was more interested in selling a $40k used Indian than selling a BMW.
    yeah, maybe in his mid 40's.

The guys at MAX in NY are great.
    And they do cool stuff in the winter.

http://youtu.be/QHPOw-Xmm4o

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto View Post
    The guys at MAX in NY are great.
    And they do cool stuff in the winter.

http://youtu.be/QHPOw-Xmm4o

Very cool!

Hey guys, first thanks for the compliments.. yea must admit some dealerships are run differently than others. they are owned by a large car dealership group and dont always appreciate the motorcyclist passion about bikes and the lifestyle. Anyway I have moved on to my next venture ema-usa.com doing mostly online stuff parts and accessories and getting to the track as much as possible both dirt and street.
    thanks again, mark formerly of Wagner Motorsports
    BTW need to visit the forum a little more often to keep in touch with everyone.

Mark
    Honda NT 650
    RMZ 250
    WR 250
    SXV 550
    EMA-USA
    815 Rt 169
    Woodstock, CT 06281
    860-928-0292
    www.ema-usa.com

I have been by your place often Mark. I often thought of stopping in but I wasn't sure if you had stuff there on display or if you were mail order only. It also threw me off because it looked like it might be your residence also.

Jeff

I hadn't been back to Wagner since TJ passed away, and with you (Mark) gone I know I have no reason to ever go there again. You being gone may be why I no longer get any e-mail notices about sales and/or events.

Too bad. I met Ron Wagner at TJ's services and told him what an asset you were to have, and how TJ was to lose. He seemed genuinely sincere when he acknowledged both.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    I have been by your place often Mark. I often thought of stopping in but I wasn't sure if you had stuff there on display or if you were mail order only. It also threw me off because it looked like it might be your residence also.
    Hi Jeff, yea we have a showroom feel free to stop in anytime.. well when im not off playing at the track, lol going to Baja at the end of april to race the Mexican 1000.

Mark
    Honda NT 650
    RMZ 250
    WR 250
    SXV 550
    EMA-USA
    815 Rt 169
    Woodstock, CT 06281
    860-928-0292
    www.ema-usa.com

Thanks for the heads up guys. I was looking at buying a Husky from Wagner or MotoFit but have seen nothing but bad reviews for both shops. Anyone know of a good Husky shop in the North East?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
    Anyone know of a good Husky shop in the North East?
    Chaplin Kawasaki in Chaplin, CT.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    Chaplin Kawasaki in Chaplin, CT.
    I just got off the phone with them and the guy was very nice. He had the bike I wanted in stock but said he couldn't allow me to ride it off the lot as he can't give a temporary tag to an out of state buyer. Considering I was going to ride it home to NC that just doesn't work for me.

I just spoke to a guy at AMERICAN TRIKES & MOTORSPORTS in Keene, NH and it seems like they are my last chance. Any feedback on them?

Get all the bike info then get a temp tag from your own state.

Jeff

Dont believe what you read on the net. Go there and see for yourself. I bought a new GSA there 6 weeks ago and they bent over backwards for me. They gave me a good trade in, reduced the price a good amount, and reminded me of the BMW 400 incentive that I forgot about. On top of that the 12 leftover they had was white and I wanted a red one. They offered to paint it and switch my accessories over from my 06 to my 12. I thought they treated me awesome. If you go tell Jay that Bruce sent ya.

Bruce
    2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary
    2003 Honda RC51

Yeah that is sort of what I thought. There is always someone that is bound to have a bad experience somewhere. My dad has had good luck with with warranty service work at Wagner.

Jeff

I never even got the opportunity to see how they worked. I popped in their one afternoon to look at a bike and the only guy I saw in the place couldn't be bothered to get off his cell phone. Sounded like he was talking to his wife or something, but not a sales call. Hate to see how they'd act once they already have my money.

I just got off the phone with them and the guy was very nice. He had the bike I wanted in stock but said he couldn't allow me to ride it off the lot as he can't give a temporary tag to an out of state buyer. Considering I was going to ride it home to NC that just doesn't work for me.

I just spoke to a guy at AMERICAN TRIKES & MOTORSPORTS in Keene, NH and it seems like they are my last chance. Any feedback on them?
    My feeback is I'm thinking of taking a spin over there this weekend to check out a DRZ they just took in. Although the hour-and-a-half travel for me pales in comparison...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Sales was an issue for me when I was looking to buy my Sv as well as my recent car.
    128 cycles all but wrote me off as a buyer when I didn't walk directly up to a salesmen. They let me walk around, then the only guy to approach me suggested I check the used bikes out back with his nose up at me. With the way my first bike purchase went through them. .. that was enough for me to not even bother looking at their stock.

At car dealerships I was ignored multiple times, and even turned down for test drives being told once that he didn't have time to test drive and a second salesmen at another dealership questioned my seriousness in purchasing so I Wouldn't be taking up his time. (Empty showroom)

I eventually found a dealership that took me seriously but refused to find me the color I wanted, maintaining that interior or exterior and not both would be my decision.
    Took a bit before I found a place that seemed to actually WANT to sell a car.

09 Ex500- totalled
    08 SV650s!!!

Cages: Ford Excursion
    Ford Mustang Gt
    Toyota Rav4

I can only give you experience from buying parts/tires, etc from them as I've never purchased a bike from them.

The sales staff is helpful and friendly, although there are very few of them. There isn't really a sales staff and a parts staff, they all just seem to split up the work. If it is busy there, you will be waiting around for a while, guaranteed.

They have kind of an odd assortment of bikes - a bunch of trikes, some used bikes of varying make and a handful of new Huskies.

That's about all I can give you.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

not sure if they're too far but... these Husky dealers get great reviews

Central Jersey Cycles NJ (888) 965-7371

Schulz Cycle PA (412) 257-3188

Toy Tech Cycles PA (717) 469-9484

good luck!

Beta 200RR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12