Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i wanna ride again already

I Dance With Will

saw an 03 gxsr doing a wheelie on 93 today. looks awsome. i wanna ride again. so if the insurance total it im looking to get 04 1000. any specs on those fuckers yet? ya ya i know, i'll be dead for sure this time. ya well im just gonna go pose and take it easy.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

Stick with a 600 little squid please! I dont want to see you kill yourself.. No desrespect ment, but that 1000 is a lot of bike! You cant even get flat foot on the 600... give yourself a few more years riding experience and possibly some riding coarses.

I hope you dont take offense, I just dont want to see you get in over your head and get hurt.. I have been riding for 5 years on my 600 and I just got my first Liter bike, and I have been very carefull. get another 636 or an R6 those are much more fun in corners and will save you a little cash. Those 600's rip it up with the best of them even against the 1000's. It's all about the rider now a days!

Stay safe, and keep it the sticky side down! See you next season..

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Not for nothing, but I would think again about a Gixxer 1k....
    If that 636 put you on yer butt, the Gixxer will do it in half the time. I would spend more time learning to handle a bike before getting over your head....

Popular saying is..."Anyone can drive a 1000, but can you handle one?"

Just being a concerned member....

Damn Squid, you posted 1 minute before I did!

Everybody to the limit!

I might be overstepping my bounds saying anything since I'm new myself and I have never even sat on a literbike, but I have to agree with the others here. I keep going back to what you said back in the emergency room while we were waiting on Soco, about how you have to ride fast to enjoy yourself. Also looking back at what you were saying about passing on the double and triple yellows.

I gotta be honest, it all flashes me back to the middle of this summer. I had my ZX6E, I'd been riding to the point where I was starting to *feel* comfortable, and I was starting to ride aggressively. Notching up my speed with every run, passing on the double yellow line in close quarters...I was really starting to enjoy myself and feeling like I had a handle on the bike. And I did...until a situation presented itself that I hadn't been in before. I had to stop short to avoid a car, and all the sudden my 6 months of riding experience didn't seem like nearly enough. I got lucky and ended up with a lot less pain than I should have. But it was a reality check for me. I realized that while I could push the bike hard and it would carry me through some pretty exhilerating speeds/turns/etc, what I lacked was the experience to react properly when the unexpected happens.

Since then, I've really ratcheted down my speed. I've focused on entering every corner at speeds where I am comfortable with whatever appears "just around the curve". And for me, that's pretty damn slow. I'm sure you noticed I was at the back of the pack when we rode up to the kanc. But I'll have you know I had a great time just sitting back there, riding my own ride, knowing that you all would be waiting for me at the stops and intersections. And when I came around a turn on 112 and found myself needing to scrub off speed and pull of to the side, I was able to without incident. I'm not saying I did it perfectly, but I did it without incident, and I'd like to say I could do it again, god forbid.

I've got to say I envied your confidence that day, and I still do. We've been riding about the same amount of time, but there I was in the back, and there you were hanging up front with the experienced riders. And a good part of that may be natural skill, so I'm not saying you shouldn't be hanging with the big boys if you honestly feel comfortable up there. Really, all I'm trying to say is, after my crash, I was able to tone down my riding and still enjoy every minute that I'm out there on the bike. Maybe more so, because I don't feel the pucker factor going into a sharp turn anymore. It worked for me, maybe it could work for you? Just my .02

Originally posted by TLRMan
    Damn Squid, you posted 1 minute before I did!
    Once again younger and faster, senior!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

I Dance With Will

i apreciate the concern. give me a break. im no 18yr old kid. i have the f4i for the track if i can manage to go. a guy on a cruiser got hit by a car running stop sign. what are your chances. it's faith. you know it's really about respecting the power. control? you'll get use to it soon enough which ever bike you're on. nobody wanna give me any credit?

so you dont think i have a traction problem? so what else can it be? why havent anyone speculate on my lowside? i believe i would have lowside on a 250 because i trusted the bike, the tire which i know very little about, and have overcome the fear of leaning.

i dunno.

edit: i dont think ill go leaning around like i did IF i do get a 1000.

Last edited by Kham; 10-01-03 at 12:44 AM.
    "fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

thanks Joe!

i might get in trouble for saying this.

i also made the same prediction as you about DM. that is just way too agressive for me and you. it's almost impossible to try and follow him. now i'd call that a squid riding style. i dont believe he can lean well enough.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

yea the lane splitting was crazy as hell because as i mention before a lot of drivers just dont turn their head to check the blind spot around here. and then there's plenty of little old lady.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

oh and your riding style? it's perfect. i know what you're saying about going fast then slow. naturally!

honestly, when im riding alone i tend to go little slower. in group i'll play follow the leader unless i know im pushing too hard and would back off eventualy.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Honclfibr

, what I lacked was the experience to react properly when the unexpected happens.

my first crash still flashback now and then which keeps me extra cautious around cages. i thought a lot about how i could have saved it. i swerve right and could ride the white line between cager trying to exit in front of me but it's too tight and curb is high, wouldn't work. would have hit it anyway plus the sand, couldn't break which i did. now im thinking the only way was to know that it's possible some idiot could cross 3 lanes in almost vertical. only then i could stop harder before hand.

"fuckit!"

....................... PinHead's Avatar

so you dont think i have a traction problem? so what else can it be? why havent anyone speculate on my lowside?
    I speculate that you crashed due to lack of experiance.

Slow down Grasshopper! This is your first season riding and you havent seen anything yet. When you can snatch the sparkplug from my hand you will be ready for the nest step

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

I'm not gonna sit here and toss out a bunch of reasons for you NOT to get the 1K. But I *WILL* ask you to rethink that...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I'm riding a GSXR600 and its my first Real bike, I've been pushing harder and harder with every ride to, but after reading some of your posts I think i'll start taking it a bit easier........

BTW.

I want a GSXR750 or 1000 to heh heh

97 GSXR 600 - Mah first real bike!

Kham, I rode with you once and, no offense by the way, I had a feeling then that you like to ride aggressively. Of course, I do too sometimes and I know what my limit is and won’t push my bike too hard. This is my 2nd seasons of riding and I still won’t take that corner where you lowsided at the speed you were going. Whatever size bike you’re getting next just take a easy and be careful out there.

I Dance With Will

ok im a reasonable guy. sure i'll think it over. i'll say it again, im thinking of 1k NOT because i want to go around corner faster. geez! you all dont like my reason to get 1k is to slow down? that's the impression i got around here. get a 600 to fly around corners and bigger ones to posing and stunt.

i swear to god, i have gone many times throu that same corner doing the same speed. i know a lot of you can rip throu there faster. you know im gonna slow down whenever i get out there that same corner again. i know i was trying to build more confidence at a wrong place.

if you jsut ride easy how the hell are you gonna get any better. i dont care how long you've been riding. unless that's all you want to do is easy ride.

Last edited by Kham; 10-01-03 at 09:59 AM.
    "fuckit!"

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Kham,

I don't know you nor have I ever seen you ride so perhaps I'm talking out my ass here.

Can you honestly say that you would recommend a GSXR1000 to someone with <1 year of experience, a reputation for impatience and aggressive riding; and two crashes? That's what you are asking us to do by posting your plans here.

Please reconsider and allow yourself grow old and grumpy so you can post messages like this to young guys that just "know" they'll live forever.

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by ckhangR6
    Kham, I rode with you once and, no offense by the way, I had a feeling then that you like to ride aggressively.
    but lets get it straight. aggressive around corners and not lane splitting.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    Kham,

I don't know you nor have I ever seen you ride so perhaps I'm talking out my ass here.

Can you honestly say that you would recommend a GSXR1000 to someone with <1 year of experience, a reputation for impatience and aggressive riding; and two crashes? That's what you are asking us to do by posting your plans here.

Please reconsider and allow yourself grow old and grumpy so you can post messages like this to young guys that just "know" they'll live forever.
    not asking for recommendation. just want to share my happy thoughts about getting a 1000. not particularly GSXR1000. i saw that bike yesterday. im thinking R1 or 10R but yea they're all the same. and no i would not recommend it to anyone else with my experience or less but to myself. that's is all.

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Kham
    but lets get it straight. aggressive around corners and not lane splitting.
    I am too, most of the time when there are no cars around. Hey, if I get stuck in stop and go traffic i'll ride at the paste, no need to rush and lane splitting.

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    Hey Kham, no offense, but if you do end up with an R1 or ZX10, hold on tight 'cause you ain't that heavy of a guy you know, and it can get pretty darn windy up over 130mph!

yep, i probably won't see that speed very often. you know it. hell, the 636 can get it there fairly quick.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by PinHead

This is your first season riding and you havent seen anything yet.
    what am i looking for? spark? more crash? i'd think twice about creating spark this way on the street. i dont even have the right stuff to create spark. i'll just stick with a lighter.

"fuckit!"

I've ridden literbikes and I have to say that I find that the 600 is more fun on the street.. also better gas mileage.. hehe.. its more fun to be able to rev the little zinger.. with the literbike you really have to constantly watch it/hold back in comparison... Once you get over the powerwheelies 600 is definately more practical

-F

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Feirax
    I've ridden literbikes and I have to say that I find that the 600 is more fun on the street.. also better gas mileage.. hehe.. its more fun to be able to rev the little zinger.. with the literbike you really have to constantly watch it/hold back in comparison... Once you get over the powerwheelies 600 is definately more practical

-F
    this makes a whole lot of sense and similar to advice given to me when i first mention 1k bike since last year, if i remember correctly. i guess i dont need it to haul ass. 636 will haul my ass just fine. they're just really nice looking and have the power if you really need it. not to go faster than 600. i do understand that it's the rider and not the bike.

Last edited by Kham; 10-01-03 at 12:03 PM.
    "fuckit!"

Kham, I agree with most of the guys on this one. I rode a 600 for 5 years and just got the liter bike. I am glad I waited. I needed the time to really learn what I was doing. I would stick with the 636, it is a sweet bike and it did hang with the liters when we rode together. Another thing not mentioned here and it should be taken into consideration as well is insurance costs. A liter bike will run you around $1500.00 at a step 15 (in MA)!

Jamie

I Dance With Will

thanks Jamie, i agree too. good point about the insurance. i guess i won't be thinking much about the 1000.

delete -

Last edited by Kham; 10-01-03 at 04:26 PM.
    "fuckit!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast