Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

watch out for cagers

watch out for cagers

My brother was heading home from work yesterday on rt 20 in sturbridge, when some 50 some year old lady either blind or in a rush pulled out infront of him. He was life flighted to umass. He ended up with a broken back, which is luckily not paralyzing, a bad concussion and a gash on his leg which may be broken. He was wearing a almost brand new hjc lid which did its job and a well padded and reinforced leather jacket that I am so glad that I gave him when we traded bikes a few years ago. The article was in today's Worcester telegram that I don't know how to post a link to if anyone wants to help me out and put it on here I'd really appreciate it. His bike has yet to be released from the police from there investigation but I was told its totalled and the worst part is he has no health insurance, but they expediated enrollment last night
    I know that I am a very new member myself but I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me put together a fundraiser ride cause we have no idea how long it'll be before he is able to return to work or how long it'll take to reach a settlement with the insurance. Plz pm me, email- myzx6@yahoo.com or call/text my cell 774-243-4251

Everyone watch out for yourself out there cause the other people sure enough won't be, AGATT

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: watch out for cagers

Damn man, sorry to hear. Hopefully he heals up quickly and isn't too scared to get back out there.

Lifer

Link http://www.telegram.com/article/2014...59/0/FRONTPAGE
    You don't have to do anything special to make them, just paste it and the forum automagically makes it a link

Did he punch a hole through the door? Sucks. Hope the recovery doesn't take too long.
    A tip from my own experiences with multi-visit medical issues : Take notes! It makes it easier when reciting it to a therapist 30 days later, a list of medications or images, or providing the names of the doctors you're seeing. Whenever he gets an Xray, MRI, etc ask for a copy on CD. It's free, and this way you can provide it at other appointments for review.

Last edited by aldend123; 05-08-14 at 07:01 PM.
    nedirtriders.com

So sorry tohear about your brother. Wish him my best in getting healed up.

http://www.telegram.com/article/2014...79459/0/SEARCH

STURBRIDGE — A motorcycle rider was seriously hurt in a crash on Route 20 Wednesday evening.

Police said the motorcycle was traveling west when it struck an Oldsmobile that pulled out of Picker Road about 5:10 p.m. to head east on Route 20.

The front driver's side of the car appeared to have sustained heavy damage; the driver's side wheel was pushed in and there was heavy damage to the fender, hood and windshield. The motorcycle was on its side next to the car as members of the Central Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council accident reconstruction team investigated.

Traffic snarled on Route 20 as both lanes were blocked by the accident in the immediate area of Picker Road. Police directed traffic through the intersection for more than two hours.

Police said the driver of the Oldsmobile was taken to Harrington Hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.

No further information was available Wednesday night.

Sorry for the poor pic. On a mobile device.
    watch out for cagers-screenshot_2014-05-08-20-10-a

Thank you for the link, I can do it from a pc but mine crapped out, so all I have online access is my droid and I'm pretty clueless. I'm pretty sure the hole in the door was from his handlbar but I could be wrong, the car was trying to cut across rt 20 and from what ppl said he got catapulted up pretty high when it happened and took the brunt of his landing on his head and back.

We already talked about it and he will be back on 2 wheels when he has healed up. It's in our blood, my dads had a Harley since we were real young and we both started on a yz 80 almost 20 years ago, when I turned 16 I got my class m permit same day as class d . Being 18 months younger then me he did the same thing and git my Hand me down bikes when I upgraded

We will be heading to cycle gear to replaced his damaged gear and get the rest needed for both of us to be as protected as possible when he is healed up

Best wishes in a speedy recovery

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Ride safe . Hope hes gets put back together. Damn Cagers

Sorry to hear man, that's rough. Best wishes to your brother on a full recovery.

I had a cager jack her brakes in front of me yesterday on rt.20 to let 3 kids cross the street on their BMX bikes. Two cars behind me locked up their brakes, and I had to change my pants after watching them in my mirror. After we started going again, i waved to the person behind me for not hitting me by texting or not paying attention.

My coworker told me about this crash at work since he lives in southbridge.

maybe look into gofundme.com ?

.:|LaRNZ|:.