Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Water wetter

Littering and........

Question Water wetter

Is water wetter safe to have in your bike with water in cold weather, or will it freeze up?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Water wetter

Water-wetter is NOT an anit-freeze.

Redlined Water Wetter Properties

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Littering and........

Water wetter

Thank you Jane - the IDIOTS at Lockhart Philips were trying to tell me it is.

Water wetter

Engine Ice

Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant TM provides outstanding protection against boil-over and freezing damage.

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Water wetter

I run engine ice, works great but seem to need changing more often that regular coolant. BTW it is also A-OK for the track! If your racing check the rules, but it should be fine.

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

Littering and........

Water wetter

I just went out at lunch time and grabbed some Engine Ice at the local Yamaha dealer

Lockhart Philips has morons aswering the phone - the guy told me that unless I live in the North Pole, Water Wetter wont freeze.

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

Water wetter

Water wetter will freeze as well as all water based coolents, (duh) Engine Ice is a really good coolent, however it does not evaporate like water and NHIS does not allow it for racing. I was instrumental (or maybe just mental) in investgating Engine Ice for race suitibility. When it dries it beco9mes jello and very slippery. I know it is allowed by many race organizations, but now I just run the Maxima Cool Aide. I still run Engine Ice in my dirt bike which, by the way, I beat like a red haired step child, and it work great.

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

Water wetter

Originally posted by highsider
    ILockhart Philips has morons aswering the phone - the guy told me that unless I live in the North Pole, Water Wetter wont freeze.
    He's somewhat rite Water wetter will not freeze. I have a bottle sitting in my bike trailer and i checked it a few weeks ago when it was 5 outside and it wasn't frozen

I think i remember reading somewhere last year that water wetter has a safe freeze value of 26 degrees when properly mixxed?

Yamaha

Peter

I have been told by a couple of fellow Cornerworkers that Water Wetter does NOT clean up easily...almost akin to break fliud. Keep throwing down DE(absorbant)..the track seems to keep bleeding brake fluid!

I'm running Engine Ice in my streetbike with good results(a bit cooler in traffic)....but thought it was an approved coolant at NHIS!? Is that track specific or LRRS? If the shit gels, I certainly understand. Does WW gel? Does it "evaporate like water" unlike EI? Did you test WW along side EI and just plain distilled water as sort of a control? Just curious, not to be just another dick!

Peter, I'd be interested in seeing some test results on all of the coolants presently being used at NHIS....by LRRS and every other vehicle that uses that track(Nascrap, SCCA,WKA, etc.)

And what's this Evanscooling stuff I've heard about?....

I still love the smell of burnt racing fuel in the morning!

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

Water wetter

Water wetter will freeeze, read the bottle, it says right on the side it will not alter the feezing point. I have seen it feeze many times, why your's did not freeze, I can't say. I stopped using the Engine Ice, of which I am a huge fan, becuase when the tech inspectors and I tested their product, we found it very slippery and hard to clean up. Water Wetter and Maxima Cool Aide were both easy to cleanup and quick to evaporate. Most racing sactioning bodies allow Engine Ice, LRRS does not. VIR does allow it as does Corner Speed. So if you want to run it that's fine, but realize that if you crash or boil over, it's your track time that will be lost to clean up.

Testing is not real scientific, we pour the stuff on the tarmac and see what happens. If it feels slippery and take hours to evaporate, they won't allow it. I'm not lobbying for a product, but if we can potentially lose track time and there is another product that will do the job, I'll run it.

Hope that helps.

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

Water wetter

Water Wetter won't freeze as quickly as water. However, when diluted to the proper mix to run in an engine, it freezes up like a popsicle. Not good for wintertime temps at all.
    Cheers, Lee S.

I know i'm slow, you don't have to rub it in.
    Why, Yes! I do think you're a Wanker!

Water wetter

Originally posted by gmdboston
    Water wetter will freeeze, read the bottle, it says right on the side it will not alter the feezing point. I have seen it feeze many times, why your's did not freeze, I can't say.
    Just to make it clear, when it wasn't frozen at 5 degrees, the stuff was still in the bottle unmixxed, though rereading what i posted, it seems clear what i ment

Yamaha