Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Water Wetter

Water Wetter

OK picked up the last bottle of water wetter from brockton cycles since my bike HATES the city. I don't really seeing it help too much but since everyone rants and raves about it figured I would give it a try. Question was it says it is the most effective if you dump your radiator and use it 50/50 with water. It also says you can just add a few caps to the radiatior as-is. Who has done it which way and what came of it?? I know it's anti-freezing ablities are out the window but not worried about that since she stays in the garage durning the snowy season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You suck at life go kill yourself

05 Gixxer 600

Water Wetter

an 05 should not have any temp problems...are you over heating or just getting hot and you think it's a problem? is teh fan turning on? What temp does the bike typically run?

fwiw - your bike will freeze in a garage that isn't heated 24x7....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Water Wetter

doesn't have heating problems but sitting in traffic it gets up to 225 and the fan kicks in and drops it back down. On highway it sits at 189 the bike runs fine I was just wondering if it would keep it from heating up so fast in the city in traffic.

05 Gixxer 600

Lifer

Water Wetter

Originally posted by Jenks
    doesn't have heating problems but sitting in traffic it gets up to 225 and the fan kicks in and drops it back down. On highway it sits at 189 the bike runs fine I was just wondering if it would keep it from heating up so fast in the city in traffic.
    This is exactly what it is supposed to do. The bike is running fine. Water Wetter wouldn't hurt, but you wouldn't notice any change sitting in traffic.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Water Wetter

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    This is exactly what it is supposed to do. The bike is running fine. Water Wetter wouldn't hurt, but you wouldn't notice any change sitting in traffic.
    thats normal...just leave it IMO

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Water Wetter

Well that's stupid, haha It doesn't need to really run any cooler on the street. Ah might as well dump some in there anyway.

05 Gixxer 600

Water Wetter

Unless I can get some super newb to buy it from me for 5000 dollars... tell them there bike will run on "ice" haha

05 Gixxer 600

Water Wetter

Well that's stupid, haha It doesn't need to really run any cooler on the street. Ah might as well dump some in there anyway.
    nope mine runs between 200-225 on hot days...sometimes more...never over heated.

Lifer

Water Wetter

water wetter 50/50 with water? Maybe you should try reading that again. It will not make your bike run cooler either. And you don't mix it with antifreeze. So basically from now on whatever you think you're going to do, assume you're wrong.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Water Wetter

Unless I can get some super newb to buy it from me for 5000 dollars... tell them there bike will run on "ice" haha
    o rly? Tell me more about running on "ice"...

Water Wetter

ok ace how do you use it then because I did read the bottle. Please inform me MR. Water Wetter

05 Gixxer 600

Water Wetter

one time when I was stuck in traffic up in Hampton Beach my bike hit 240. I wouldn't worry about it.

Water Wetter

I just switched to Engine Ice this season and haven't noticed a significant difference at all. I do know it is much safer for the enviroment if you spill or dump it, also it's not as hazardous to animals if they decide to drink it.

One thing I had a problme with was my radiator fan shorting out, and the radiator itself having issues that made my bike hit 270 and then proceed to boil the coolant right out of the bike! That sucked!

New radiator and fan more Engine ice and all is well!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Water Wetter

ok ace how do you use it then because I did read the bottle. Please inform me MR. Water Wetter
    Just like it says on the bottle, unless you are using it for track compliance, which either discourages (i.e. track day) use of glycol coolant or restricts (i.e. LRRS) its use.

Because I don't want to ruin any track days with coolant on the track, and I have my bike stored in an unheated building, I run straight H20 + water wetter but add coolant before it gets very cold out to prevent any freezing.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650