Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

West Bridgewater motorcycle accident

West Bridgewater motorcycle accident

I actually drove right past the scene a few minutes after it happened. I hope the guy is all right. Even though he suffered a serious leg injury it sounds as if he was mosly okay. A few miles down the road I saw the helicopter go past.

Motorcyclist injured in West Bridgewater crash - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger
    WEST BRIDGEWATER — A rush-hour crash on Route 28 Wednesday afternoon sent a Boston firefighter from Randolph to a Boston hospital with a severe leg injury, police said.

At 5:27 p.m., police responded to a report of a crash in front of the Bettencourt’s motorcycle dealership at 31 S. Main St. A Honda Pilot SUV driven by a West Bridgewater woman had collided with a Honda motorcycle driven by Keith Wyzard.

Wyzard, 44, of Randolph, was taken by ambulance to West Bridgewater Middle School-High School and then flown by medical helicopter to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, police said.

Wyzard has been a Boston firefighter for 19 years and is assigned to Ladder 23 in Dorchester, a Boston Fire Department spokesman said.

Police said Wyzard was coming out of Bettencourt’s and turning left to go north on South Main Street (Route 28).

Kimberly Paananen, 42, of West Bridgewater, who was driving the SUV, was leaving a shopping plaza across the street and turning left to head south when the vehicles collided, police said.

Police officer Michael Kominsky is investigating the accident. Sgt. Christopher Werner, police officer Thomas Richmond and West Bridgewater firefighters also responded.

Police closed the southbound lane of Route 28 for about an hour.

Motorists could see Wyzard’s overturned motorcycle, helmet, boots and jacket at the accident scene. The SUV sustained front-end damage and was missing a headlight.

Witnesses said the collision sent Wyzard into the air and that he was alert and calm after the crash. Police said he did not lose consciousness.

Witness Rosemary Souza, 45, of West Bridgewater said: “It was very frightening. He seemed to elevate. He was in the other lane and he landed in front of me.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: West Bridgewater motorcycle accident

This fucking blows...same story about left-handers all year. We need disco balls/lights and stebel horns across the board...and maybe some frikkin' laser beams attached to our heads.

Hope he's alright.

Duct tape is like "The Force". It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

I was thinking a rocket launcher seems to be about the only way to avoid this type of incident.

Hope it all turns out okay for this guy.

EDIT: I'm going to call it and say she was on her goddamned cell phone...

Bunch of you guys are going to Bettencourt's this weekend per that thread, so keep your eye out for soccer mom's turning left from across the street. Be safe gangstas.

Duct tape is like "The Force". It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Sucks to hear. Makes me want to make sure I am well noticed and pay extra attention to the douche bag soccer moms on the rode. I hope he fully recovers from his injuries.

It's a rough start to the year and the LEO's know it as well. Saw a yellow Harley with flames painted on the tank yesterday on the Southbound side of Rt. 3. The rider was up against the guardrail getting put in cuffs. Further north was a red Kawi pulled over waiting his ticket and then this morning another sport bike was patiently awaiting his outcome on the northbound side of Rt. 3. Take it easy out there gentlemen, it's only April.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    It's a rough start to the year and the LEO's know it as well. Saw a yellow Harley with flames painted on the tank yesterday on the Southbound side of Rt. 3. The rider was up against the guardrail getting put in cuffs. Further north was a red Kawi pulled over waiting his ticket and then this morning another sport bike was patiently awaiting his outcome on the northbound side of Rt. 3. Take it easy out there gentlemen, it's only April.
    Wow Rob....

was this in NH or MA?

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Weird....when I left work there was traffic in that direction and I though to myself...'hope that's not a bike'...

Keep it safe.

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Yup I saw two bikes pulled over on 93 last night, the cops are out in force, probably trying to protect us from ourselves early in the season.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Wow Rob....

was this in NH or MA?
    MA.

NH was a whole different story as I was disappointed to see so many that consider sunglasses as "full gear." Lots of great looking seat covers showing a lot of skin too, but I'll bite my lip on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    MA.

NH was a whole different story as I was disappointed to see so many that consider sunglasses as "full gear." Lots of great looking seat covers showing a lot of skin too, but I'll bite my lip on this subject.
    Yah...I noticed that too! Good for them!

Wear what you want....ride how you want.

My new motto....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.