Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Weymouth Honda Demo Day

Lifer

Weymouth Honda Demo Day

Weymouth Honda had a great, if unpublicized, demo,day today.

I rode the F6B twice, with FF helmet and half helmet, NC700 and CBR500.

NC700 was OK, height c.o.g. Engine a bit rough, I liked the 500 a lot more. It was really narrow, light and quick for the cost, it was a constant smile to ride.

The F6B was my main intent. I know, I know, but I'm 53 and much more interested in long comfortable days and easy evening cruises. Having gone cross country on my VFR, I think I've earned the right to be more comfortable, although I rang up a painless 350 miles day last week on the VFR.

The F6B was a big bike and the low screen makes it very windy on the highway. Having music was great and the bike handled well for it's size. power was all I would ever need from that classic flat 6, totally linear and turbine like. Having recently ridden a Road King, there's just no comparison in terms of power and handling. But I'm a Honda guy who's never been wild about the HD thing. I have owned both a Valkyrie and a Triumph Rocket iii touring, so I've spent some miles on touring cruisers.

Seriously considering the F6B

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Weymouth Honda Demo Day

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I know, I know, but...
    Not buts required. I can completely understand why one would want such a thing. Somedays I think about it myself.

The GL1800 is a helluva machine. No reason to believe the F6B isn't just as 'helluva'. And honestly, it is much more stylish. I hope it gives the HD baggers a run for its money.

Although I have been more and more impressed with the Road King lately. It's come a long, long way from my father's '89 FLHS.. yet still retains the style and coolness. A guy at work recently bought one and I am blown away at what kind of tech is baked into that Harley. I mean really, it feels weird even admitting it. But the machine has a lot of 'kit' and should tour very well.

Re: The F6B. I am a little confused about some of the packaging moves on their part. No available cruise control? Really? HD RK has that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Weymouth Honda Demo Day

There's a deluxe version (or some such thing) pending.

There's been a 3rd party trunk removal system available for years. Just have to look for it. MLB, I think.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!