Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What's worse...

What's worse...

Going down on your bike...

ORRRR

Someone else going down on YOUR bike?

I think I'm more upset about letting my uncle take my bike for a ride and lowside around a bend than I would be if I did it myself.

Unfortunately, I actually like my uncle and am more upset about him getting skinned by the tar than I am about the bike. They're only flesh wounds and nothing Neosporin won't heal up in a couple weeks. But Neosporin doesn't heal GSX-R fairings/shift levers/mirrors.

Thoughts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "When in doubt - gas it. It'll either fix the problem or end the suspense!"

07 Triumph Daytona 675
    04 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Re: What's worse...

my dad dumped my bike 2 miles after i had it...he paid for the new left side fairings...

.:|LaRNZ|:.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

It's just a bike. I'm always releived when noone is hurt badly.
    That said. I think it,s worse when somone else goes down on my bike than If I did myslef.

my father dropped one of my new bikes before i had ever seen it. i had it delivered to the house while i was deployed to afghanistan.

it sucks but as long as no one is hurt and they pay to fix what they broke it's fine by me.

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.

I just feel ridiculously badly about my uncle getting hurt on my bike. In fact, a little guilty. He'd ridden bikes his whole life - but cruisers/touring bikes. He was backing out of the driveway and joked about how sensitive the front brake was..... And that's what sent him down on some brand new tar-stripping. I'm not nearly as bummed about the bike as I am about him gettin scratched up. Yeah - I would be happier if the resale value didn't take a tumble as soon as the bike did but money's just that - money.

There's a weird/odd feeling of guilt behind the whole thing that is gnawing at me.

07 Triumph Daytona 675
    04 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Quote Originally Posted by hefdukes23 View Post
    There's a weird/odd feeling of guilt behind the whole thing that is gnawing at me.
    I wouldn't worry about that too much. He doesn't blame you, just let him know you're not upset with him. I'm sure he's more bummed than you.

Now you have an excuse for rearsets!

Did the swingarm get scratched? A Harris arm would fix that

Going around a bend on the front brake is asking for the front end to tuck. Tell him to try the rear brake or make sure it's upright before getting on the front brake.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrabaka View Post
    Going around a bend on the front brake is asking for the front end to tuck. Tell him to try the rear brake or make sure it's upright before getting on the front brake.
    Oh, he knows that now. TRUST ME, he knows that now. They had just laid down tar-stripping sealant on the roads in his neighborhood which are slippery as hell with whatever granular crap they put on top of it. He was just going left around a bend and as he said - natural reaction caused him to pull the front brake ever-so-lightly and put him down.

07 Triumph Daytona 675
    04 Suzuki GSX-R 600

not lending your bike out is as much to protect the owner's conscience as it to protect the bike.

i'd feel much worse about someone going down on my bike than i would about the bike itself. i'd be crushed, but i'd be doubly-crushed that someone else had potentially gotten significantly hurt.

another thing is the potential to blame the other person. not that i'd do it intentionally, but if someone dropped my bike, i wouldn't want the possibility of my blaming them for it.

much easier to just make a blanket rule and say "nobody rides this bike but the owner."

of course, rules are made to be broken...

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!