Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

People with TLR's help!

People with TLR's help!

I know there's at least a coupe of you guys on here.... so here goes:

Peeps at TLPlanet have me thinking its the sidestand switch, but here's what I posted over there.

Ok, well it happened again yesterday. The power to the bike will either A.) Die completely causing me to pull over and restart. B.) While im cruising along it will die and come back rapidly causing me to 'buck'. Is this a switch issue or something else? Makes me wonder because if it's the switch, shouldn't the bike just completely die everytime ?

I'm still new with the TL and this is the first issue I'm having. Another fact, the previous owner removed the sidestand switch, so the bike WILL engage first gear with the stand down. But is this even a switch issue?? AHH!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

People with TLR's help!

As far as the side stand switch goes, it is ment to kill the ignition if you put it in gear with the stand down. It does not stop it from going into gear.

The other problem that you were descibing could be a bad connection where that switch was. Check the connection and make sure it is clean. Most cases the wires spliced together, the bike will run. The wires have a bad connection (the bike can have symptoms like you were describing) or if they come apart (then the bike won't run), sounds more like a bad connection .

If you need help let me know and we can get together and try to figure it out even tho I don't have a TLR.

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

People with TLR's help!

Thanks Jim, I have no experience with this type of problem. The previous owner made it so the switch doesnt even exist where it should be located, right next to the sidestand. So I don't even know where to start to look. I do know the green wire that goes to the turn signal/sidestand relay, right next to the fuse box is supposedly the sidestand switch wire. But I'm an idiot and might not be able to read a schematic but anyway, it's in that location pretty tight.

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

People with TLR's help!

Originally posted by joberly
    Thanks Jim, I have no experience with this type of problem. The previous owner made it so the switch doesnt even exist where it should be located, right next to the sidestand. So I don't even know where to start to look. I do know the green wire that goes to the turn signal/sidestand relay, right next to the fuse box is supposedly the sidestand switch wire. But I'm an idiot and might not be able to read a schematic but anyway, it's in that location pretty tight.

Oh fuck, sounds like I better bring the meter with me...

Working till 7:30 tonight. Don't have to go back to work till Weds. Let me know if you want to get together. PM sent with cell number

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

People with TLR's help!

Awesome I really appreciate it!! Theres someone on TLP that had the same problem, it's not the switch but the main fuse relay with bad spade connectors.... he's gonna gimme the details on how he fixed it and maybe that's my problem. If it's too complicated I'll give you a yell, and thanks again!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

issue

Another possibility, my bike, a TLS, had a weird problem like this earlier this year and it wound up being my negative terminal on my battery was loose. Pissed me off to no end until I figured it out.

Good luck getting it fixed.

Joel

People with TLR's help!

Thanks... I have a couple leads as to what it could be, going to check the main fuse box tomorrow.