Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

I have been reading and hearing a lot about the recent events with these rival biker "gangs". I am just curious as to eveyone elses opinions. (here comes a can of worms).

I know I plan on attending bike week in Laconia, as well as the track. I am not afraid of the "major bloodshed" because I don't think that it will be like that. If there are problems, why would these "mad bikers" bring innocent people into it? I have talked to people from each side (they don't know it) and I don't hear a massive killing spree of innocent yuppie 40 somethings on bikes.

I just wonder how other people feel?

[Edited on 6/1/02 by Teez]

[Edited on 6/1/02 by Teez]

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Well I'll be there Monday (Jen got us Honda/Yamaha hospitality passes to the Motorcross Nationals at Southwick for Sunday.. can't pass that up!) then she'll be joining me on Tuesday when she gets outta work... who cares about what a bunch of hairy, smelly, fat, nasty "Harley" biker crews/gangs do... as long as they hit what they aim for and not some inocent bystanders who cares!

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Yeah I guess so Chip, but I'm kind of on the fence about it. I am going no questions, but I wonder if that is a great idea. I am not the type to let people scare me out of doing something, but I am a bit nervous. And if I spent all that money on slutty clothes for motorcycles weekend, I'm going.

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

The Weirs is a joke now anyways. During the day ya gotta deal with all the old farts putting on their little shows. At night, it's like a college frat party. And either or, you end up sitting in traffic for hours on end just to make a run through an eighth of a mile strip. Our usual 20 minute ride there turns into a two to three hour affair, just to get there!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Highlights for bike week. StoneCrib party's, Rock pile ride, Racing at the track "go degy's" Seans Taco'ss and a couple little jaunts a night down to weirs to count how many teeth are in the crowd........8 up 2 from last year....

Teez I wouldnt be to scared just be aware of all the haressment your going to get with "show us your teet's" and If you dont you will be called a whore??? Oxymoron?

What I like about going down at night time there always about 20 bikes of sportbikes in tow.

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Well I stay about 100 yards from the bridge into the Weirs so if the traffic is too bad we just walk down.. and the condo is BIG time security... (ya can't get in without a pass) so I have no worries about my bike or truck or trailer... I'll be doing the usual hanging at the Weirs (ie the Broken Spoke and Broken Antler most of the time with the occasional loop and Fun Spot for the bike show among a few other places that have shows and a ride around the lake) we also go to the hillclimbs on Wed then to the track on Sun to sorta break things up.. but YES I do agree at night (maybe I'm just getting old) the Weirs does turn into a high school drunken playground (although it does make for some good shows) and the cops are a pia... it's still too much fun and too close to home for me to miss so that's where I'll be.... ya just gotta be aware of what's going on around you

OH and lets not forget the Dyno Drag race machine.... WOOO HOOOO

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

I ain't fraid to go to Laconia, but I try to schedule my work so that I don't have work in Belknap county for the week, because it's a PIA to go to the county courthouse

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Showing my tits is not a problem. I just don't want to get shot doing it. This is my 6th bike week I know the drill for the usual stuff. I just worry a bit about the recent foolishness

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Just thought you might want to take a good look around before you "bare the treasures for all to see". Last year the cops were nailing the flashers for prostitution $250 fine, if they were on the back of some-ones ride the driver was nialed for pimping $250 fine. Last but not least if they got the person asking the girls to reveal they were nailed as a "John" and it was another $250 fine. As for the trouble the Hell's angels did burn down a bar there a couple years ago when the owner refused to sell, but they had to try twice they just couldn't get it right the first time from what I was told.

Just to bad I won't be there for the full week this year. I usually get a lot of good pictures with out getting caught like the guy that was next to me.

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Hey Chip, maybe I'll get to see you and Jen up there. If not we'll get together when you get back. We still have to get some good pics of you fucking around with bike.

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Yeah, I know, Fuckin cops ruin all the fun

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

I think that they might be scared to see what a real woman looks like in the "FLESH". You know most of them think a chocolate glazed is the "sexy think to eat". Damn did I say that??
    I know that my wife had to be real careful. But at least she has her own bike and I wouldn't get a double whack.

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Is your wife coming to the wet t shirt contest at Stonnerstock?

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

I will make the quick run through weirs to get a shirt and thats about it. They probably won't be starting too much shit at the beach but around it maybe.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Jim when ya going up? For how long and where ya staying? You know where we'll be

And yeah I gotta finish off that 207 from drag racing and I've still got ANOTHER 207 on deck waiting to get toasted or taken to the drags.. it's AWESOME having a spare rim to just swap back n forth! Plus I need some good wheelie shots and perhaps a stoppie or two... hmmmm SQUID DAY!!! Yeeeehaaa!

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

She won't be there this year, saving money to take the two rug rats to Disney.

But she be the one to do it, she did it one other time, but I pissed of a bunch of people when the girl that won broke the so called rules that they had and my wife didn't. When I complained the pulled the prize money from the winner and said there was no longer any winner. When they tell you there is no grabbing yourself or revealing or you will be disqualified(like 4 other girls were)but you still win, CAN WE SAY FIXED.

I also may be a little prejudice but my wife was larger in the bust and more attractive! If my wife could have gotten away with the same shit she more than likely would have done the same.

Any way Chip was there that night he can tell you if he remembers!

Personally I like to get the GOOD pictures hopefully without the fine. Best way to get away with it is not to ask for hooters but to ask for a picture to remember them by. Any takers TEEZ?.

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Chip I'm not sure of when or if I will make it up. If I do go I might just ride up on the Sunday or Monday Have to go to work for Wed. Vaca. is the week after this year because we didn't think we would make it. Are you staying in the same condo this year??

Almost forgot when and where do you want to get the pics. Locally?

[Edited on 6/1/02 by Rice-rocket1]

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Yeah I believe we're in the same condo (99%) but I won't be there til Mon (going to Southwick Sunday for Motorcross Nationals care of Archie's)

Dunno... what's a good place locally for pics? My bike is a mess right now..Jen took it to work to get a sticker for me (gotta love a woman that rides) but it's covered in pollen... we took a ride down the south end by the beaches last night (first time I've ridden it since VT....Jen's riding my bike more than me...DOH!)

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

:cool
    Well if we do find something local it has to be some what out of the way so as not to be bothered by the local PD.

It will also need to big enough to play with out any danger of running out of room.:o

I haven't ridden since the blessing, poor bike is buried in the shed at the moment, get the yard work done and then Tracy can't bitch. Need to get out riding, got to break in the new lid.

Tracy's bike is on the road as usuall but she needs to bring it to archie's for inspection. Also do you have any of the little peice-o-shit battery cell plugs? Two of hers are broken and need replacing before the battery goes back in and gets acid all over.

[Edited on 6/2/02 by Rice-rocket1]

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Jim take this up in the new topic.....

Who's Afraid of Laconia?

Yeah, don't fuck up my topic

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half