Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Who's blasting through East Arlington MA with loud pipes?

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Re: Who's blasting through East Arlington MA with loud pipes?

Phil, nothing personal, but it's more than mere "convenience" to pedestrians, it's staying alive. I walk there, and ride and drive through the area, too. I find the flow much improved in all instances. Give it a try, you might like it. If you haven't been here for a while your perceptions are out of date, and I don't think you can say there's plenty of room for lanesplitting. The travel lanes have been narrowed, sidewalks widened, bike lanes striped, medians created ... .

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    And don't believe everything you think.

Re: Who's blasting through East Arlington MA with loud pipes?

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Phil, nothing personal, but it's more than mere "convenience" to pedestrians, it's staying alive. I walk there, and ride and drive through the area, too. I find the flow much improved in all instances. Give it a try, you might like it. If you haven't been here for a while your perceptions are out of date, and I don't think you can say there's plenty of room for lanesplitting. The travel lanes have been narrowed, sidewalks widened, bike lanes striped, medians created ... .
    It's about convenience if the pedestrians could have safely crossed before at lights and intersections, but were choosing to dash across dangerous traffic instead. If the traffic flow is actually improved, then that's great. I look forward to checking it out. The pictures that were posted showed good enough room for lanesplitting in general; it was tight around the bus, which is normal because buses are very large.

PhilB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123