Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Who's selling the 08 675 "R"?

Re: Who's selling the 08 675 "R"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Seems legit what gives ????
    Corona edition?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I pulled a piece of duct tape off my hairy monkey arms once. It was a total rip off.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    It is a rip-off now, as advertised. After the transaction occurs, it was a rip-off. But whatever, we're arguing the semantics of a 40-year old colloquialism. Not exactly established in terms of language. I'm not sure debating is a total waste of time if you learn something though. I learned rip-off was in the dictionary.

But it's straying from the point; the guy lying with his ad. And the debate that hasn't occurred yet: the division of responsibility between buyer and seller. Most of us think the ad qualifies as a rip-off, so I assume we think its wrong to sell it that way. But if someone falls for it, and later discovers it wasn't an R as advertised, too-bad-so-sad? Or should they have legal recourse to un-do the transaction?
    I think the buyer should have recourse if the seller misrepresented the goods. That's fraud.
    In this case, the seller may well not have known what he was claiming; he may have been fooled himself when he bought it.
    But he has since been informed of all this. I wonder if he has edited his ad to be honest and accurate or not?

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    Corona edition?
    Ogh......its just a set of fairings, not really a Lie on that one.

FWIW, I know the bike and it does indeed have all of the Ohlins goodies on it.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    FWIW, I know the bike and it does indeed have all of the Ohlins goodies on it.
    no it doesnt. its clear that those are kayaba forks on the front of the 675. there is no clear pic of the rear but the OEM kayaba shock was also gold and yellow.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

listing was taken down

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i had a little email convo with him recently. maybe thats why he took it down.
    i baited him a little to get the ball rolling by telling him i was interested in it (total rip off move i know)

MEthanks for getting back to me. first off, how firm are you on this price? KBB lists this bike for $5500 in excellent condition and since youve admitted that it has a couple dings and needs $400 in tires i was curious if $8500 was a legit price or one just to weed out the tire kickers.

Also, since there was no "R" made in 08, you say that theres ohlins suspension on there. that would not have come on that year bike from the factory so i am wondering if you (or the previous owner) switched them out? the front looks OEM (not ohlins) from the photos so it may have ohlins internals but that will be difficult to show, but maybe a picture of the rear shock since that will say Ohlins on it, would set my (or others) at ease.

and lastly, you said that it had never been crashed, but i am curious why someone would change the bodywork. did the previous owner crash it? have you had the bodywork off to see if theres damage under the bodywork?

i dont want to waste either of our times coming down to see this stuff for myself so im hoping you are willing to oblige. like i said, theres a few red flags that come up for me, not least of which is the "R" and the Ohlins claims. a guy here at work has an "R" (with ohlins, quick shifter, carbon fender, red subframe etc). i know my bikes. just trying save us both some time here.

HIM I listed at that price because I don't have to or want to sell it.. Mainly to see what happens and who is interested. Triumph didn't manufacture an R until 2011 so technically it's not a true R however considering the changes from the regular 675 to the 675R it's pretty close with the Ohlins system and stainless brake lines.

After I listed it some new light was shed followed by some enlightening on the whole bike. It's in very good shape, I love it and I know someone else would too but if I ever saw the previous owner I'd give him a stunner.

Previous owner claims he never laid it down only nailed it with a tire rack, frame however is certified straight. I expected the tire rack statement to be a lie, he had 2 other plastic sets in the garage one race ready set.. Then he has the nerve to tell me he owns his own body shop which may have been true (secretary of state) and if he did then he sucks at his job. Regardless, you don't see another like it, and it's certainly a head turner. Although this is disappointing to me when I put it all together and look back at it, I got a great deal on it. Especially for the year with the suspension upgrade and Jardine exhaust.

ME did the previous owner tell you that he put ohlins on it or did you make that upgrade?
    the suspension in the pics looks like the stock Kayaba set up from triumph. i realize that there isnt much difference in the R and non R, especially if the upgrades have been made, but a 2011 675R retails at $8700 and youre:
    --$200 under that
    --its not an R
    --and needs $400 worth of tires

im gonna pass unless you can somehow prove that theres Ohlins stuff on the bike, and come down $3500 on your price (or make the bike 3 years newer and an R).
    if you were sold a bag of goods when you bought it, then im sorry, but dont take advantage of someone else by misrepresenting what you really have.
    if you really arent trying to sell it, then just leave it posted as is...you should have no problem doing that.

good luck.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234