Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Second Wind is no more...

Lifer

Re: Second Wind is no more...

I forget the specifics of my other experience with great bay aside from being told I should expect less for my bike on trade cuz it was "so common",
    But they had a used speed triple on their site and I inquired and asked if it had any issues. They responded and said no, it was good to go. I submitted a loan app to dcu, and when it was approved I checked their site to see if it was still listed. It was, but for significantly more money. I asked how the price could change that much and was told the seat had a tear in it, so they replaced it, and something else. Either way, what they said they replaced didn't seem to add up to the price increase, AND, what happened to it being good to go? Granted a torn seat wouldn't effect its ability to "go", but still, I was annoyed and bought a speedie elsewhere.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Obviously. But we aren't talkin about a universal rule. We're talkin about motorcycle enthusiasts showing up with $2k worth of riding gear on their own well maintained motorcycles. It's pretty easy to tell.

I don't care if I have to prove I'm able to financially commit. But snows chance in hell that I will without riding the thing first. I can walk into a Roundel dealer and test drive a $60k 5 series with no issue, so wtf is the problem?
    Primary difference being when you take the 5 series out for a test drive the salesperson is sitting next to you. Act like a fool on that test drive and it's over. I've never heard of one going nuts to butts on a test ride, they have no way of controlling what you do when you roll out of the parking lot.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

Its funny how consumers want it both ways, and I'm no different. I'm an advocate for test rides, and have test ridden at two dealers.. Also bought a bike without a test ride...

Yet ironically National has a triumph that's listed as a demo... And that sketches me out because I don't know how many people have ridden it and beat on it...

Lifer

In my experience, very few new car dealers supervise test-drives.

Great Bay was my dealer of choice before they fuckin closed. Thanks Don, good job man! NPS is 60 miles Away. Cycles- 128 is 15 miles. If I knew I'd have Mike at NPS working on my bikes all the time, or Gieudo at 128... nobody else... no vocational kids 19-20 yrs old. Randy I love you man you know I do. But the Cycles 128 stigma hangs over the company... everyone knows cycles 128 "thing" Don't defend them Johnny because you worked there. I don't want to start a war. I want to end one. I want trained competent tech doing the eXtra mile on any bike they work. So there is am, stuck bet ween a rock and a harder rock...

Great Bay was my dealer of choice before they fuckin closed. Thanks Don, good job man! NPS is 60 miles Away. Cycles- 128 is 15 miles. If I knew I'd have Mike at NPS working on my bikes all the time, or Gieudo at 128... nobody else... no vocational kids 19-20 yrs old. Randy I love you man you know I do. But the Cycles 128 stigma hangs over the company... everyone knows cycles 128 "thing" Don't defend them Johnny because you worked there. I don't want to start a war. I want to end one. I want trained competent tech doing the eXtra mile on any bike they work. So there is I am, stuck bet ween a rock and a harder rock..

Last edited by Kenn157; 02-21-17 at 05:26 PM. Reason: dup

Don seems (or did seem) to be a nice guy and did a lot to promote the brand until he picked up Ducati. He never was bashful about charging full price or above, so I took my business to places who were willing to earn it.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123