Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

windscreens

Lifer

windscreens

I want to get a windscreen of some type for my SV650 by the time I get the bike out of storage in the spring.

I love the bike, I don't really have any plans to "upgrade" in the forseeable future, but it is definitely obnoxious on long trips. I mostly stay off the highways cause after a while I end up riding 60mph tops to try and minimize the wind blast.

I'm 6'1", do I need a really tall (and probably ugly) one or would I be ok with some of the smaller ones? I don't really want to spend a bunch of money only to still be disappointed.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

windscreens

There's a HUGE market out there for SV's now. Look at all the aftermarket body parts suppliers and pick the one you like, it won't take long at all...

If ya haven't found all the sites yet, lemme know. I'll send ya a bunch of links when I get home tonight...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

windscreens

I have the small "suzuki" flyscreen made for the SV on mine. It only gets the wind off my chest and full force right into my helmet, I am looking for omething better myself that doesn't look obnoxious.

Personally I think the taller Givi's look terrible. I've been eyeballing the MotoGuzzi sport faring, it looks as though it may bolt right up, its a little taller then the one I have and with a little "tip up" curve right at the top. It is available in carbon as well as guzzi colors. I will keep you posted. I am going to do some further investigation but first I have to sort out my charging system problem.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

windscreens

Randy, I saw your bike at Motomarket, I was definitely thinking of something bigger than that. But if yours gets the wind off your chest, the taller ones have got to be pretty decent.

I don't terribly mind the Givi ones, but I guess they do look a little obnoxious.

Funny that fully faired bikes manage to have a screen that big without looking bad.

Ben

windscreens

Randy, I saw your bike at Motomarket, I was definitely thinking of something bigger than that. But if yours gets the wind off your chest, the taller ones have got to be pretty decent.

I don't terribly mind the Givi ones, but I guess they do look a little obnoxious.
    Give Randy a little time on this one. If anybody's gonna figure out something for an SV, it'll be Randy...

Funny that fully faired bikes manage to have a screen that big without looking bad.
    Yeah, but there's a lot of real estate between the headlights & fork tubes on a fully faired bike. Those nose pieces are pretty raked, ya know?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?