Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mass out of state OHV

Mass out of state OHV

Has anyone registered their out of state bike in mass to obtain an OHV sticker to legally ride? Their website spells out some guidelines, but it is geared toward state residents and does not address a handful of questions I have. I assume, like the CT DMV, they are probably impossible to get a hold of via telephone. I did submit an email inquiry with my questions so hopefully that gets answered. Anyone personally done it in the past year or so? Lots of their places are a quick ride from my house so it would be great to be legal to ride.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Mass out of state OHV

They might answer, or go to Springfield...it's a far cry from the rmv, and last time I went, the only people in the whole place was me and one helpful lady working he counter

Lifer

I've had better luck in Worcester. the tax office is across the hall so it's really easy. I end up bouncing between the 2 at least a few times to get everything legal and sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Has anyone registered their out of state bike in mass to obtain an OHV sticker to legally ride? Their website spells out some guidelines, but it is geared toward state residents and does not address a handful of questions I have. I assume, like the CT DMV, they are probably impossible to get a hold of via telephone. I did submit an email inquiry with my questions so hopefully that gets answered. Anyone personally done it in the past year or so? Lots of their places are a quick ride from my house so it would be great to be legal to ride.
    I got all the paperwork to do it last year but never actually went and got the sticker. I was able to get somebody on the phone to explain what to do, I'll see if I can find who I called (I dont think it was the RMV). There was an online form that I had to fill out and print, to show that I was exempt from paying MA sales tax.

Edit: I think this was the number I called. Here is a link to all the OHV Registration offices. Registration Offices

Fall River

Boat, Recreation Vehicle & Snowmobile Registration Bureau
    218 South Main Street - 3rd Floor
    Fall River, MA 02721

Phone
    (508) 679-8287

Last edited by Petorius; 03-17-17 at 07:34 AM.

rides bikes

The Mass DEP (who you get OHV stickers from) is actually pretty easy to deal with. If you live anywhere near one, just stop in and you won't wait more than 5 minutes. I've always gone to the one in downtown Boston and never had more than 1 person in front of me.

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    The Mass DEP (who you get OHV stickers from) is actually pretty easy to deal with. If you live anywhere near one, just stop in and you won't wait more than 5 minutes. I've always gone to the one in downtown Boston and never had more than 1 person in front of me.
    agree.... however parking is a pain.

hmmmm......

Thanks guys. Didn't think about going through dep. There is an office in Springfield that I'm going to take a ride to.

I'm an MA resident but my experience with DEP in Boston was really quite good.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Thanks guys. Didn't think about going through dep. There is an office in Springfield that I'm going to take a ride to.
    Sorry, I should've pointed out that this is the only way it can be done...the office in Springfield is up near the STCC campus, so nowhere near the rmv (or tax office)