Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WOO HOO! 860 Mile Weekend!

Got in 860 miles of riding this weekend!

Saw everything from torrential downpour on the highway, ran out of gas 2 miles before my exit... pushed the bike 2 miles uphill, found out I had a dead battery and sidestand cutoff switch 200 miles from home, got stuck in a freak momentary hail storm in upstate NY on the VT border, got pulled over by the cops on Rt 2 because they had just pulled over a runner punk and supposedly he was riding with 'a guy on a yellow bike'...

But somehow , I still had a FUGGIN BLAST!

All I have to say is MOOOOOOOOSSSSE!!!

Just ask Degs!

Cheers,
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Hmmmm, So Now I know who Hohum is....

I got a total of 1050 for the weekend! Your a wuss!!

Lets see.. My problems for the weekend.
    Lost a tail light again....
    Lost a Headlight? Thats a new one..
    Slid my front tire three times in corners on rt 17, luckily all were saved... Roads were a little cold when we left CM..
    Ride home I almost lost my Radar detector, only thing holding on to it was the power cord! The dam top mount broke off the stem witch was velcro strapped to the radar. Fhew.. That was a close one... Reasoning = Route 125 is really freaking bumpy !

Over all an increadible riding weekend with a bunch of S.T.R's.... Oh wait thats not the abreviation of the group is it?

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Banned

MOOOOOSE!!

Originally posted by Degsy
    MOOOOOSE!!
    Ah what eva guy, it was just a little guy ! Good thing Momma wasn't watching over her.... You would have been trampled!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

See now that woulda been a funnier picture, Degs getting mauled by the momma moose... Certainly funnier than the pics of Sean humping Wayne's tailpipe for sure, although if he'd kept the pink glowstick for those...

I'd check your tailpipes for 'foreign matter'... who knows what drunken mischief Sean got himself into! Maybe you already have some "Sean Weld" in there!

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

RIP Adam, we will miss you. unionjackass's Avatar

Thanks for leading Friday, Mike. Nice to meet you Chris and Degsy. Cracking weekend!

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Re: WOO HOO! 860 Mile Weekend!

Originally posted by hohum
    Got in 860 miles of riding this weekend!

Saw everything from torrential downpour on the highway, ran out of gas 2 miles before my exit... pushed the bike 2 miles uphill, found out I had a dead battery and sidestand cutoff switch 200 miles from home, got stuck in a freak momentary hail storm in upstate NY on the VT border, got pulled over by the cops on Rt 2 because they had just pulled over a runner punk and supposedly he was riding with 'a guy on a yellow bike'...

But somehow , I still had a FUGGIN BLAST!

HEY - go to the Degs has a new job thread in Off Topic and you will see the damn moose.....

I had a blast too - it was awesome to hang with you guys

All I have to say is MOOOOOOOOSSSSE!!!

Just ask Degs!

Cheers,
    Chris

Bras cause cancer.

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Ah what eva guy, it was just a little guy ! Good thing Momma wasn't watching over her.... You would have been trampled!
    that's why we were slowing you guys down - it was 2 feet on the side of the road going to cross and we couldn't see mommy. Two cars went by between when we went by and degs went to tell you guys and they were on their horns to scare it away....

Bras cause cancer.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Wow, that's a whole lot of miles for a weekend. I thought I did well doing 426 yesterday, I am humbled.

The roads in northern NH/VT and middle Maine sure are fun. I went north to Dixville Notch on the East side, ate lunch at the Canadian/NH/VT border (Stewartstown NH) and rode south back to home through VT and NH.

Didn't ride an inch of highway, just back roads. I even rode quite a few miles of dirt in western NH between Warren and Franconia. It was all good. Total bike nirvana.

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    Wow, that's a whole lot of miles for a weekend. I thought I did well doing 426 yesterday, I am humbled.

The roads in northern NH/VT and middle Maine sure are fun. I went north to Dixville Notch on the East side, ate lunch at the Canadian/NH/VT border (Stewartstown NH) and rode south back to home through VT and NH.

Didn't ride an inch of highway, just back roads. I even rode quite a few miles of dirt in western NH between Warren and Franconia. It was all good. Total bike nirvana.
    nioce - I am off to Maine tomorrow so I am probably gonna ride through Northern VT/NH/ME then down through middle maine as opposed to my normal 302 - 112 - 302 route. Think I am looking for something more fun for tomorrow since I have no time constraints.

Bras cause cancer.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Ever ride through Evan's Notch? Quite a trip. Hurricane MT. Road is worth a ride too while you are in the area.

You didn't get the chance to tell our group we were the lead group. We started out group three, and ended up passing groups 1 & 2 at gas stations and took over as lead dogs! So we won !!! We accually let group 2 catch up so we could show them how it was done! The remainder of the ride home with Paul leading was the nuts! We tore up them roads.. The best part was looking back to see a nice gap behind myself and paul till the next rider. Maybe we were too fast? We we having fun, they caught up, eventually....

Originally posted by Nikon
    that's why we were slowing you guys down - it was 2 feet on the side of the road going to cross and we couldn't see mommy. Two cars went by between when we went by and degs went to tell you guys and they were on their horns to scare it away....

www.tailofthedragon.com

Craking what??? Finally found another Brit remark I cannot understand. Took ya long enough to come out wit it.....

Originally posted by unionjackass
    Thanks for leading Friday, Mike. Nice to meet you Chris and Degsy. Cracking weekend!

www.tailofthedragon.com

You didn't get the chance to tell our group we were the lead group. We started out group three, and ended up passing groups 1 & 2 at gas stations and took over as lead dogs! So we won !!! We accually let group 2 catch up so we could show them how it was done! The remainder of the ride home with Paul leading was the nuts! We tore up them roads.. The best part was looking back to see a nice gap behind myself and paul till the next rider. Maybe we were too fast? We we having fun, they caught up, eventually....
    blahblahblah...we're fast...blahblah...i'm a better rider than Will....blah blah blah...

Bras cause cancer.

Craking what??? Finally found another Brit remark I cannot understand. Took ya long enough to come out wit it.....

Bras cause cancer.

RIP Adam, we will miss you. unionjackass's Avatar

Cracking = the dog's bollocks, sorted, sound, guvnor, the business.

Does that help?

Originally posted by unionjackass
    Cracking = the dog's bollocks, sorted, sound, guvnor, the business.

Does that help?
    What What WHAT ????

www.tailofthedragon.com

Banned

What What WHAT ????
    You know...cushty, nifty, grand, 'andsome, blindin',

degs