Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

woodcraft rearsets

woodcraft rearsets

has anyone had any exp. with woodcraft rearsets? i found what seems like a good deal on some for my rc. guy is asking 45 bo. i have heard some need some rear brake module thing for the brake lights to work. do these? do they use stuff from my stock sets to install? anything else i should know. thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tuono

Re: woodcraft rearsets

They are perfect for their intended use: the track. The pieces are individually replacable whoich saves a lot of money, plus you can get more ground clearance for a full tilt lean. On the street, I have heard some people not like them. I forget for sure what they said, but I imagine it has something to do with comfort/ legs being cramped. When you are moving around on the bike a lot at the track its no big, but if you're sitting on the bike for a longer ride it might get uncomfortable. I know I;d never want to ride my RR for an extended period on the street.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

ok thanks for the input. is there anything special needed to make it work with the brake light switch? i cant seem to find any info on that online.

Tuono

I replaced my old Vortex with Woodcraft on my R6, pretty sure I was able to use stock brake lever (?) but not shifter (again-?), looks like you're ok. if your missing something its easy enough to get from Woodcraft

MidMassGsxr

just to throw this out there, what are peoples opinions on rear sets for their street bike? Is it more a Bling thing than a functional thing?
    Also just was looking them up, the only rear sets I saw that explicitly say they ned extra parts are the vortex. Something about needed an extra bolt to use the brake light pressure switch. all I have seen says the woodcraft is verything you need.

I just put Gilles on my street bike, and just by sitting on it I can tell its gonna make a huge comfort difference. I'm only 6'1 but I just never fit right on my ZX6r, my knees just wouldnt fit into the grooves on the side of the tank. When I put on the rearsets I went as far up and back as I could get them, and it literally forces my knees into that groove. I also have stomp grip on so it holds me back nicely, I think itll make riding a whole helluva lot more comfortable to me. So its not just bling

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

MidMassGsxr

I was thinking of getting some giles reasates for this reason, im 5'9" and I liked the idea of being able to adjust different positions to my likeing. However at close to 500 bucks if I dont like them its a big fat waste of money.

Yah, they're more expensive, I love them and they have far more adjustability than the woodcrafts, but for 45 bucks? Whats the worst that can happen, give those a shot (but they dont have the brake light switch as far as I know), and worse comes to worse and you hate them, its only 45 bucks.
    And if you need Gilles talk to Peter Kates, he got them for me for less than anywhere you can find online, plus youre helping out a local guy which is even better.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh992003 View Post
    just to throw this out there, what are peoples opinions on rear sets for their street bike? Is it more a Bling thing than a functional thing?
    Also just was looking them up, the only rear sets I saw that explicitly say they ned extra parts are the vortex. Something about needed an extra bolt to use the brake light pressure switch. all I have seen says the woodcraft is verything you need.
    I had Vortex on my bike when I low sided - couldn't have been more disappointed. They rolled up like a cheap rug.

If anyone needs a right side Vortex for an R6 I got em.

MidMassGsxr

I think that if your getting them for the track andd the location is good, the woodcraft is the way to go, solid product east to replace. But if youre looking for more adjustable products you def. have to pay the price.

i just figured for 45 bucks i could sell them for that if i didnt like them.

Tuono

i dont know if you've checked with Speedzilla, but i dont think Woodcrafts are good for street on the 51. I was looking into getting a set from someone over there, but he didnt recommend them for street because of the 'aggressive' positioning i guess. They're better when you get a lot of movement with your legs i think was the outcome.
    But, what the hell, for 45 bucks, i'd be all over it. You may love 'em

2002 RC51
    -Aluminum undertail, custom GP Can and mid-pipe, Jardine 2-1 Header, PC3, EBC Wave Rotors (F&R), CRG's, Goodridge SS Lines, Greggs, Black w/ Flattening and some carbon goodies

USMC - Semper Fi
    POW/MIA - Not Forgotten

ya those are on speedzilla. i think im going to pass, i just dont need them and i got other things i have to get.

Tuono

like a pain in the ass speedohealer?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    like a pain in the ass speedohealer?
    haha i havnt ridden the bike yet with the stock gearing yet. im going to bettencourts in a couple hours to pick it up so ill probably go riding after weman comes over. i hear its a pretty big improvement if i go -1 and +2 but we'll see. this fork seal job hurt the pocket pretty good. but they were done early as promised. cant argue with that. +1 again for bettencourts

Tuono

i bought my bike -1/+2, and i'm replacing the sprockets with the same as before...so i dont know what the difference made for mine. fork rebuild is on my list for this time next season

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

For brake light to work, you just need to run an inline banjo bolt brakeswitch. No problem.

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    i bought my bike -1/+2, and i'm replacing the sprockets with the same as before...so i dont know what the difference made for mine. fork rebuild is on my list for this time next season
    if your not going to do the forks yourself, id hit up GMD or someone else rather then bettencourts. GMDs price for my fork seal job was half of what bettencourts is charging me. but makes sense, Bettens is a dealer, where GMD is a suspension place. ah well at least they are done.

Tuono

i just had fork seals done on mine in January. it was like $220 up at Naults Honda in Manch. Whats Bettencourts going for?
    You're going to hate the stock gearing on the fiddy1. Im at 15/42 right now, but im really considering a 43...

2002 RC51
    -Aluminum undertail, custom GP Can and mid-pipe, Jardine 2-1 Header, PC3, EBC Wave Rotors (F&R), CRG's, Goodridge SS Lines, Greggs, Black w/ Flattening and some carbon goodies

USMC - Semper Fi
    POW/MIA - Not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by loridin64 View Post
    i just had fork seals done on mine in January. it was like $220 up at Naults Honda in Manch. Whats Bettencourts going for?
    You're going to hate the stock gearing on the fiddy1. Im at 15/42 right now, but im really considering a 43...
    Bettencourts had me at 330. they charge 75 an hour and its a "3.5" hour job according to this book the had. if i wasnt in a time contraint i def would have taken it somewhere else. o well shit happens sometimes.

as far as gearing, 15/41-42 seems to be the most popular. i havnt even ridden it yet. but will later today. im excited.

Tuono

Great product, great price!

The non folding feature of the rearset will help save your bodwork in a tip over, too!

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Ok where to begin.

I have both Gilles and woodcraft rearsets. The Gilles are on my RC51. Ive been happy with them but youll want to replace the bolts. They are soft like butter. Youre going to want to replace those asap especially if youll be trying different settings. The heads strip out very easily, dont ask me how I know.

The woodcrafts are on my R6. I havent ridden them yet except for on the bench. They are pretty much in the same position as my Gilles so I dont anticipate a problem. There is no provision for the stock brake light switch. Youll need to run a pressure banjo to use the brake light. That what Im doing.

RC gearing. Im running 15/42 setup. It works fine for street and track. The only thing that pisses me off about it is I couldnt get around a 1000rr in the passing zones on trackdays. I didnt have the top end speed.

Seriously. My RC is garaged in Foxboro. If you want to come see what I have done let me know we can set up a time.

James

You can simply zip tie the brake switch to the rearset if you don't want to use a pressure banjo.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

The bike has a rear brake??

Holy shit... woodcraft rearsets for 45 bucks? Buy them. No brainer.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast