Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Woohoo!

Lifer

Thumbs up Woohoo!

So I was checking fedex all morning, my package got dropped off at like 11:30..

Went home for lunch, and installed the Power Commander & O2 eliminators on my bike.

Hardest part was figuring out how to get Honda's crazy connectors for the O2 sensors to come apart.

Oh well... the bike is definitely better behaved. Seems like it runs slightly cooler, but I'll have to ride more to determine that. The throttle response does not degrade as the temperature goes up, and is overall improved by a huge amount.

Still a teeny bit of on/off in the throttle but it's completely predictable now. When I got to work I put the thing through a tight circle & figure 8 at like 10mph without having to feather the clutch. That was a recipe for disaster before.

No more VTEC kick either... smooth as a baby's bottom even in first gear. Actually feels like the Non-VTEC VFR now.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Woohoo!

Whose map did you use? Buddy of mine is thinkin of getting PC3 for his VFR too...

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Woohoo!

how much $$ that set you back? my scorpion slip ons will be here any day and i might do the power commander next. also were did you order it from?

Lifer

Woohoo!

I ordered it directly from Dynojet so I got the standard deal, no discounts.

$332 for the PCIII USB model
    $15 each for the O2 eliminators - The new VFR is the only bike that needs two of them.

Shipping was only $8.

I seriously think this is a much better performance improvement than exhaust pipes... if you're getting pipes you should definitely do this. As far as I can tell the bike with slip ons has to be even more jumpy than stock if you don't do this as the pipes will cause it to run even more lean.

I will have to check out your pipes when you get them, if they sound good I'm going to have to order some too. Maybe not the same ones but I want to hear what the bike sounds like.

I was thinking of getting the Erion slip ons, they have a decent prize and a 10% HRCA discount.

I am just using the "stock" map that is the default load for the PCIII. If you use it with slip ons you will need to load a different map.

It did come with a little hookup to use a 9V battery to power it so you can take it out of the bike and plug it into your PC. I did this to double check the map before installing it. It will take way too long to unplug it from the bike now though, so I will have to borrow a laptop or something if I need to adjust it. They should have put a disconnect on the actual unit for the wire so you could take it off the bike without having to unplug it from the wiring harness. I guess it would have added quite a bit of extra circuits to make it work that way though as there would have to be something left in the wires to pass the stock signals straight through when the unit was disconnected.

Ben

Woohoo!

Glad your happy with it! Sounds like it went above and beyond what you expected too.

Lifer

Woohoo!

I haven't rode an RC51 but it is supposedly a similar improvement to what the PCIII does for the RC51.

The bike was obnoxious as hell in cruising/low speed situations before.

Ben

Woohoo!

ya i got the pipes first for three reasons. 1) i don't like the looks of the stock ones. 2) stock ones are way to heavy 3) i can't even tell my bike is running when i'm in a pack of rc51's. i am worried about running lean. i'm no expert when it comes to this remapping stuff but i guess i'll have to do somthing.

Lifer

Woohoo!

Dynojet already has maps for Staintune, Erion, Micron, Two Brothers, and Remus, they'll tell you to just try one of those to start with.

I agree with you about it being too quiet but I like the stock look and the weight loss doesn't sound huge especially if you're a big guy anyway.

Ben

Lifer

Woohoo!

Doh!

Dan Kyle has them for $279.. www.kyleusa.com

Ben

Woohoo!

Ben,

Glad it worked out for ya. That's one of the reasons I got rid of the VFR.

I don't think I should have to invest in a bike any more than what I paid for it to make it run right. Honda should have fixed these qurks.

Sounds Great though.

Someone shit on the coats PatSV650's Avatar

Woohoo!

It will take way too long to unplug it from the bike now though, so I will have to borrow a laptop or something if I need to adjust it. They should have put a disconnect on the actual unit for the wire so you could take it off the bike without having to unplug it from the wiring harness.
    Just an idea... maybe goto a computer store (Comp USA, etc) and see if they sell a longer version of that cable. Maybe you can get the bike close enough to the PC to use a longer cable? I was looking at it and it looks like a pretty standard type of cable: exactly the same as the one that hooks my camcorder to the USB port.

EDIT.... OK, check out this page I saw a 16' cable and a 10' extension, among others. It's the USB type A male to USB type B male cable. They even have an "active extension" cable that can be expanded up 80 feet.

Last edited by PatSV650; 07-17-04 at 08:14 PM.
    ibanezfourstring from that other
    site
    my blog

'79 CB750 K (crash victim)
    '82 CB750 F Supersport (project: done! )
    "What is it about driving cars that makes you all such assh*les?!"

"I could have said "YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE STRUCK BY A VEHICLE!! " but instead, it came out more like a concerned moan " Dane Cook

Woohoo!

No more VTEC kick!? That was the best part of that bike IMHO. Kind of like a mellow turbo. Much edgier than the previous generation bikes, which were a bit too tame/numb for me.

Paul_E_D

Woohoo!

i agree, i like the rush at 7000 rpm

Lifer

Woohoo!

Sometimes the "kick" was OK, sometimes it was annoying.

I didn't like it if you had released the throttle and were just using the engine braking. The bike would buck as it passed through that range.

It still makes the cool noise when it hits 7000, it's just there isn't a flat spot from 6000-6800 any more.

Ben

Woohoo!

Originally posted by benVFR
    ... it's just there isn't a flat spot from 6000-6800 any more.

Ben

Thats how the change was with the RC too; there used to be a big rush at about 4500ish RPM. It was kind of nice because you could judge speed off of that 'rush' but not actually look down...

Now with the cans, and PC3R that deadspot is just more power Gotta look down to see how fast your going now or else you get into the 'sneaky fast' power