Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hillclimb

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Hillclimb

someone posted this in the rides section ( http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...indsor-vt.html ) but i figured id start a thread here to gauge interest in going. it would be cool to get a bunch of NESR peeps to show up and compete.
    The Short: $160 for the weekend, includes lunch, must be single or twin cylinder and have handlebars (no clip ons ie: sportbikes) so motards, some BMWs and i assume naked SVs would be good too. 3 classes (0-500cc/501-900/901+) date is august 25/26 at Asctney Mountain in VT.

im considering going and running my KTM. its the 2 days before the BoMo 2 day event at NHMS.
    like i said it would be cool to get a bunch of NESR people there running up the hill, im seriously considering it.
    anyone else

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Re: Hillclimb

I've been thinking about these events a lot. I don't know if I have the skill yet but possibly next year or the the year after I'd like to enter one. Right now I'd either have to put bars on the SV or take my Ducky, which I don't want to crash.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: Hillclimb

Is the no clipon rule a safety thing or is it meant to curtail the type of bike you can bring? Because you can throw handlebars on just about any sportbike as well. I know most wouldn't fall into the 1- or 2-cylinder rule, but the bars wouldn't really be an issue.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" )

I don't know the reason behind the rule. Put handlebars on pannigle and run it

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports