Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wrecked yesterday.

Lifer

Re: Wrecked yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    taking 600 mg ibupprofen, every 6 hours, 750 mg methocarbamol every 4-6 hours and hydrocodone/acetaminophen 5-325 every 4-6 hours.
    Hydrocodone and other opiates can also have a powerful nauseating effect. But be it the ibuprofen or the hydrocodone causing it, eat some food, wait 15minutes, then take the medication. I've found when taken "with" food, it doesn't really help much since they both hit your stomach at the same time. Pro-tip: Eat something that'll taste decent coming back up Naproxen (Aleve) is another popular OTC NSAID which lasts much longer than Ibuprofen. If that's causing your stomach ache, it'd be half as many.

Sucks about the crash, but glad you didn't get too broken.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

I fully expect the bike to be totaled. It's a 2001 ZX9R with 107,600+ miles and there's no reason to think the repair costs won't exceed the retail value. I am planning a budget repair job to save myself money, not the insurance company.
    Sorry for being selfish, but want to hear more about the bike. Used to own a 00' Zx-9r it was a pretty reliable ride, not much you can do for a collar bone.

taking 600 mg ibupprofen, every 6 hours, 750 mg methocarbamol every 4-6 hours and hydrocodone/acetaminophen 5-325 every 4-6 hours.
    hard to say which one is making you sick to your stomach...

ibuprofen = anti-inflammatory - most likely offending agent. may give you upset stomach as a side effect. it is recommended to take this because it'll control your inflammation (and pain), so try taking this with food, decreasing frequency (go every 8 hours or twice daily) to see if it helps you tolerate it better. It's the same thing as OTC advil/motrin/etc.

methcarbamol = muscle relaxant; with soft tissue injuries, this will help loosen things up (I'd imagine you're pretty tight in the morning) - this *may* cause your upset stomach, so hold a dose while taking the other two to see if it helps. If it is intolerable, consider just taking it at night (as sedation is a common side effect of this)

hydrocodone/apap = tylenol + hydrocodone. This is just a pain medication. The hydrocodone part is usually the one that may cause nausea for some people. Similar with the methocarbamol - it may also be the one causing your upset stomach. Hold a dose separately and see if you still have the upset stomach. If that's the case, and you get sufficient pain relief from the ibuprofen, just don't take this one or just take it at night (because it's supposed to make most people sleepy)

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Glad to see you posting about it, stoinky.

I'm just up the road in Epsom if you need help with anything or just want a hand to help wipe or brush teeth.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First I am glad you are OK. I would get the noggin checked too.

When I got hit, I simply gave the other insurance company replacement cost for all my gear and they didn't argue. They also covered things like my eye glasses. I didn't try to be a dick and claim shit I shouldn't have but simple clear replacement values. I gave them KBB, dealer listings and ebay replacement values for my motorcycle. They paid better than replacement value on the bike, time out of work, all medical and then an amount for 'pain and suffering' ,I did OK financially. Stand your ground and it should all work out. WATCH the dr/Hospital bills. I had a DR try and come after me 18 months later claiming he didn't get paid from the hospital. After consulting with my lawyer, said DR was told to pound sand. It took a few years of him trying but I never paid him a cent.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Why would they get the bike if they total it? It's not my insurance, it's the other driver's insurance. I don't buy collision insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    once the insurance company pays you for the bike they own it regardless whos insurance pays for it. you can buy it from them at salvage value
    Once the insurance (who's doesn't matter) pays you for the value of the totaled bike, they own it. Not you. They then sell the bike to someone like Argo in an attempt to recuperate as much of their money as possible. they may offer you the opportunity to buy it back from them before the salvage company comes and gets it. It's generally not worth it. And I certainly won't be in this case.

Also, most insurance companies will "total" the bike when the repairs reach about 60% of the motorcycle's value. This number is different from company to company. Some will total it at 50%, some are higher.

So if the bike is worth $3000, the insurance company will total it as soon as the repair costs exceed $1800/labor.

ALSO... most insurance companies do not have the software to create an estimate for motorcycles. Generally, the bike needs to go to a local dealer and have the damage estimate done. Make sure that you "bill" the insurance company for transport of your "damaged" bike to the dealer.

The feeling in your stomach will get better if you start NOW to think about what you want for a new bike!

Sorry to hear about the get-off, you seem to have your spirits in the right place.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Sorry about your accident and glad that things weren't worse. Compensation for the bike and the gear is going to be pretty straightforward, but minor compared to the compensation you should get for the broken collarbone, concussion and misc. pain. Your personal injury is real, not a scam, so don't shy away from getting proper treatment, and getting a fair settlement for the claim. They go hand in hand. Treatment, doctor visits, med records, med bills = evidence of severity of injury. General rule of thumb is 3x your total medical bills.

Glad your Ok. Heal up fast.

Lifer

As said on FB: Completely sucks!

Take your time seeking a settlement. These injuries have a tendency to last well into next season which makes it hard to not get the money asap and run to a new bike. But I did, and I regret it. There are unforseen complications to even the simplest injuries that enjoy cropping up and causing discomfort and costs well after an early settlement. If I could do it over, id forget the bike and my gear and focus solely on my injuries. Your stuck with whatever percentage your body heals to the second you sign that check.

09 Ex500- totalled
    08 SV650s!!!

Cages: Ford Excursion
    Ford Mustang Gt
    Toyota Rav4

I've been through that area lately. Glad you are ok.

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

I second the advice from Diz, Sheppo, and Manic. Take care of yourself first, but be mindful of the potential long term costs.

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Lifer

Seen the new Versys 1000? Seems like your kind of bag.

If you need a pair of wheels to scratch the itch until the dealer can get you one, lemme know. I have a 23 year old VFR with your name on the key. Just say the word.

^^^

But no...H2 or bust

And dang...six figures on the motor is sick...she still had more miles left on her?

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    ^^^

But no...H2 or bust

And dang...six figures on the motor is sick...she still had more miles left on her?
    The motor runs like new. No oil burned, still pulls the front wheel up with ease and has no issues at all. I ran out of adjustment on the valves at 90k if memory serves and swapped the head for a low-mile used head I got on Ebay for $150, so the top end is fresh. The cylinders all still had the electroplating and the cross hatch pattern is still very visible.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Seen the new Versys 1000? Seems like your kind of bag.

If you need a pair of wheels to scratch the itch until the dealer can get you one, lemme know. I have a 23 year old VFR with your name on the key. Just say the word.
    Thanks for the offer, but my season is over with the broken collar bone...

defining "budget tourer" ctbandit's Avatar

I would honestly consider a lawyer. Their going to give you some money and maybe it seems like enough, but don't discount all the time you will be out of commission from this.

Lifer

Thanks for the offer, but my season is over with the broken collar bone...
    Understood. I meant early into next season.
    As is said, you need any help with anything, lemme know. I'm just a couple towns over here.

Good write up. Could have been worse. No other symptoms that could indicate a concussion? Dizziness, headache, nausea? Oh...and those meds can also cause constipation. Might want to take some stool softener if you're on them for more than a day or so...

I guess this means you won't be on the covered bridges ride next Saturday?!!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

hmmm...now I'm venturing one as my next bike!

I always liked the fzr600, but after 50k miles on her, I'm ready for mo' powah

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Good write up. Could have been worse. No other symptoms that could indicate a concussion? Dizziness, headache, nausea? Oh...and those meds can also cause constipation. Might want to take some stool softener if you're on them for more than a day or so...

I guess this means you won't be on the covered bridges ride next Saturday?!!
    Yesterday, I called my doc complaining of headache and nausea and they told me to go straight to the ER again, so that killed yesterday afternoon. Both have cleared and I'm almost off the meds completely now. I was able to go for a brisk three mile walk this afternoon and I feel much more alive and alert after getting some fresh air and a little blood pumping.

The police called me today. I was told that the cause of the accident is officially that the other driver "failed to yeild" so there's no question of fault especially considering the statement given to the insurance company, by the other driver.

A life-long friend of mine is an insurance adjuster that deals with this sort of thing all the time. She is giving me excellent advice about how to proceed, sans lawyers.

Sorry about your off.
    Heal up well

eat me

Wow, glad to hear you made that one without any permanent damage

I hope you get everything back to what it should be.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast