Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTF Suzuki

WTF Suzuki

Suzuki may have the fugliest lineup of bikes ever this year. Hideous. At least that GSX8R abomination isn’t coming here, yet anyway.

No motogp, wsbk, bsb, SX racing. Sad times.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: WTF Suzuki

I want to like the gsx8r, at least in stock format but its just too underwhelming for me. Too weak of a bike with too much tech crammed into it and trying to be something its not. Just what i never wanted, a 90hp machine with quickshifting and traction control and riders modes lol. The gsxr line up is on life support so they are the future i guess. Yamaha just took a shotgun to the r1 and r1m yesterday so we are one of the last markets for that as well. I think the teams are working with what they got.

That's one heck of a license plate mount on the 8R! Cripes! It's like the design team just gave up past the swing arm pivot.

Racing circles are saying the GSX8 engine is seriously choked up by Suzuki and stupid easy to unlock power on. MotoAmerica's initial rules for it in Twins cup is limiting mods to velocity stack replacements and stock or a specific grind option cam, no other mods to keep it in check. May not be a freak in the crate but sounds like there is fun to be had for those willing to break the inspected by sticker.

In other news the R9 is supposed to be announced soon to replace the R6. Rumor has it that racing teams are looking to ride the bike is an EU race series and the racers have already seen it.

Send cash... I need a track day

This is getting strange. No more actual racing chassis on the market. just budget upright bikes we have to alter heavily into racebikes?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    In other news the R9 is supposed to be announced soon to replace the R6. Rumor has it that racing teams are looking to ride the bike is an EU race series and the racers have already seen it.
    Is the R9 an R7 with the 900cc CP3 triple instead of the CP2 twin?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    This is getting strange. No more actual racing chassis on the market. just budget upright bikes we have to alter heavily into racebikes?
    You don't say...

Send cash... I need a track day

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post

As long as Baggers and Super Hooligans remain more popular this is what we inherit…..

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    In other news the R9 is supposed to be announced soon to replace the R6 and R1.
    FIFY