Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTF? Someone tipped my bike over.

Man, I just came home from a great day of riding the dirt bike for the first time, get home clean the bike all up and go to lock it up to the street bike out back.
    Well I found someone tryed to move my fucking bike and dropped it on the clutch side.
    Do you think they left a note? FUCK NO.. Kaks..
    Looks like the landscaper cleaned up here recently so first thing Monday AM I am calling the condo association and bitching it was them... I had a fear this would happen some day. Why the fuck, or who the fuck would have the balls to even touch it.. Fuckers...

The damage is minamal I guess, My custom paint work is fucked on one whole side, plastic is all cracked and broken is some places, looks like the whole bike will have to get repainted, or all new body work with factory paint sceme.
    My kick stand looks tweaked, my front sub frame around the windshield and wind visor is bent, and plastic stress cracked and bent with it, my left side mirror snapped off, foot peg is scratched up but usable, shifter seems ok. Didn't seem to even hit the frame slider? WHy bother having it ?? It didn't work. I will have to get a better look at it tomorrow to see what else may have broken.

I was going riding tomorrow, maybe not... I hope I can make it work for this Deals Gap trip in two weeks. I will just look like ASS..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Everybody to the limit!

Re: WTF? Someone tipped my bike over.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like somebody really fucked with your bike. Hard to believe there can be such assholes in the world. It's one thing to damage your bike of your own stupidity, quite another to have it terrorized by some insensitive prick who can't even fess up to the damage.

Your mirror snapped off, did it break the upper fairing at the mirror mounts? Hopefullynot, those upper fairings aren't cheap...

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Man, I just came home from a great day of riding the dirt bike for the first time, get home clean the bike all up and go to lock it up to the street bike out back.
    Well I found someone tryed to move my fucking bike and dropped it on the clutch side.
    Do you think they left a note? FUCK NO.. Kaks..
    Looks like the landscaper cleaned up here recently so first thing Monday AM I am calling the condo association and bitching it was them... I had a fear this would happen some day. Why the fuck, or who the fuck would have the balls to even touch it.. Fuckers...

The damage is minamal I guess, My custom paint work is fucked on one whole side, plastic is all cracked and broken is some places, looks like the whole bike will have to get repainted, or all new body work with factory paint sceme.
    My kick stand looks tweaked, my front sub frame around the windshield and wind visor is bent, and plastic stress cracked and bent with it, my left side mirror snapped off, foot peg is scratched up but usable, shifter seems ok. Didn't seem to even hit the frame slider? WHy bother having it ?? It didn't work. I will have to get a better look at it tomorrow to see what else may have broken.

I was going riding tomorrow, maybe not... I hope I can make it work for this Deals Gap trip in two weeks. I will just look like ASS..

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

Are there ANY security cams around that might have caught the asshole in action???

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

Re: Re: WTF? Someone tipped my bike over.

The mirror mount is ok, but the mirror is toast!. THe plastic is all done. I can ride with it like that, but it looks like hell..

It almost looks as if the person that dropped it was holding on to the handle bars, put the kick stand up or it got pushed up when they tryed to move it and not being a rider forgot to put the kick stand done and it fell or it was too heavy for them to move? They must have known to either put the bike in Nuetral or pull the clutch in though, it is about 5 feet away from where I park it.

[QUOTE][Are there ANY security cams around that might have caught the asshole in action???

Unfortunately no Camera's here. I am going to put up a sign in the hallway of the mail room to hopefully find a witness.. I dought to find any..

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

If you want to try to peice some of the plastic back together before the trip, I might be able to lend a hand. I just finished my mid-fairing on the Ducati after my early February ice incident, and it came out fantastic. All I have left to do it clear coat it tomorrow and buy the "Ducati 900 Desmodue" sticker for the side. The crack isn't visible from the outside of the bike, and the paint job came out pretty damn well for a spray can and my first try ever.

I used black ABS cement from Home Depot on the backside to bond the crack together(it was about 6 inches long, but fairly clean). On the front side of the panel, I used the Devcon Plastic Welder on the crack and surrounding areas. It was more of a body filler than a strenth thing because of the cream color that blended nicely, but it coulda been used as the crack repair, it's that strong. I wet sanded it once it was dry and threw about 8 coats of Ducati Yellow on it from ColorRite. That paint it right on.

If you are interested in just getting it decent, but not perfect, before our trip down, let me know. You never know how we might be able to get it to turn out. I was sure surprised by mine!

Let me know if you have any questions.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Bummer
    Don’t wait till Monday, Report it with the police as vandalism and malicious destruction of property.
    Then you can file a claim with your insurance and reem the condo association and if it was the landscaper there is no way they can back peddle.

Last edited by SV1KScott; 05-03-03 at 10:43 PM.
    Scott B.
    03 SV1000S

Ah yes, that is a good idea. I will report it in the morning to the fuzz. Thanks.

Iglu, thanks for the offer, I may look into the idea, I'll let you know.

JC, We need to buy homes with a big toy garage! Gotta keep our toys safe..

Originally posted by SV1KScott
    Bummer
    Don’t wait till Monday, Report it with the police as vandalism and malicious distraction of property.
    Then you can file a claim with your insurance and reem the condo association and if it was the landscaper there is no way they can back peddle.

www.tailofthedragon.com

Cops came today wrote the report.

The Cop said there have been a lot of reports like this. He seems to think someone tryed to steal it, but the locked steering column made it diffcult to move and dropped it in the process. I dont think that is the case. If that happened they would have left it on the ground and took off? You think? When I found the bike it was up on the kick stand about 3-5 feet away from where I parked it, and in nuetral, I never leave the bike in nuetral...

Damage did bend the shifter, but not bad, I can leave it the way it is, the headlight is cracked, front fender chipped/scratched, lower cowling broken and scratched up, clutch lever scraped up but not broke, bar end scraped, clip on bars seem to be straight.
    The cop wrote up the frame was damaged as well as the body work on one side, mirror shifter. Now I have to deal with the cheap scape ins co... All new OEM only!!!! I am going to fight to get all new plastic seeing the paint work can not be matched. Or it is going to cost a bundle to get those painted back to match with a new lower cowling. I can repair the rear plastic, but wont tell them that.

The bike is ridable, and I can make it work for Deals I think.. Pretty sure.

www.tailofthedragon.com

that suck's Mike... even more that it's 2 weeks before your trip in every MC shop's busiest time of the year. I know you pride yourself in your bike's appearance... at least you can make it ridable

FWIW I just spent $$800 between tires, 75K service, major tuneup, replace fuel petcock, add preload adjusters making my SV ready for the trip. and I already scheduled my 78k service for May 28th, prolly have closer to 80k by then and I'll be thinking of new tires & front brakes shortly after

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Cops came today wrote the report.

The Cop said there have been a lot of reports like this. He seems to think someone tryed to steal it, but the locked steering column made it diffcult to move and dropped it in the process. I dont think that is the case. If that happened they would have left it on the ground and took off? You think?

Think?...well not very often but if I was in the business of stealing bikes I would probably check if the steering was locked before I attempted to move the bike.

Of course the world is full of dumbasses

Death to all the shitters of the world!!!
    Sorry, dude. Had to let that rip...

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

sorry

i hate low life that cant own up sounds like some one backed in 2 it look @ the cages around !! ask some 1 might have seen it dont look 2 pissed till ya find out who did it

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

I know for sure nobody backed into it, it is tucked away beside a building. It's paved but cars will not fit back there. It almost looks as it was origonally made for bikes, there are narrow parking spots.

Claim has been filed with insurance co. Now I get to fight with them for what they will pay for. I really hate dealing with ins co's...

www.tailofthedragon.com

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

Hey, man, prepare yourself for a totaled bike. If the frame is damaged, the insCo will most likely total it due to the expense of replacing an older bike's frame.

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>