Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

The TLR and me

The TLR and me

After just over a week with it, not much riding time as I use a 50cc scooter to go to work on, its much faster through stop/go traffic, not as frustrating and the bonus of 80+ mpg.
    So for th TL, some previous owner had some weird idea of motorcycle maintainance, as in don't do any but spend money on other stuff like HIDs that only work on low beam, a power commander under the seat but not connected to anything and didnt look like it ever had been, the battery relocated to under the rear seat cowl and banging around in there and the crowning turd on the steaming pile was the Yamaha tank protector.
    So shopping list in hand I'm heading out tomorrow to get some of the stuff I need, including correct size battery to fit in stock position, some stock h/light bulbs and more. A serial cable is also on the list and I'll get the PC in and mapped
    The bike itself is awesome, I'm in love already. Its been a couple of years since riding a quick bike so some relearning going on, it has to as I'm sure this thing will bite if I get all ham fisted with it. With the wife 7 mos pregnant this is going to be the last bike I'll be buying for a long time and want to make sure me and the bike are around for a long time yet. For those that think its a strange time to be buying a bike, it was now or never. Glad I did.
    Hopefully see you at the next Bike Night

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: The TLR and me

I like the way it looks. Get it working right and you will fall in love with it. The TLR and RC51 are both strange and rewarding bikes. Yours looks great! Get a custom dyno map made and she will sing!!

Www.robsdyno.com

The maps you can download from online are junk compared to one custom made for your bike.

Good Luck!

Last edited by jwm2k3; 06-16-11 at 01:31 AM.

The blue and white TLR is the best color IMO. Very nice bike. Good luck with it.

awesome! Visit TLplanet.com and get in on some of the group buys!

Friend: man riding this really hurts my balls

Me: Well you're not supposed to sit on your balls!

High maintenance priss

Nice bike.

Rob (Rob's Dyno) has a yosh box and can tune the ECU directly. Its not quite as elaborate as a PC3, but I was happy w/ power on my TLR. Sell the PC3 to pay for your tune.

I have a battery box for the TLR if you need it to put battery back in the right spot. Free. GL sorting the minor stuff - TLZ and TLP are great resources.

If you want to know everything about your bike talk to TLRMan. He will get you sorted.

nice bike dood my fav color scheme for those tlr's ..love the v-twins..im tryin to get back on one..preferly rc51 if anyone wants to trade..plus cash on my end

OK so the stock battery is back in the stock position. HID's removed and H4s in. Thanks for all the compliments on the bike, I will say the pics are flattering to it but still reasonable.
    I need the pressure brake light switch and C+S kit which are both on order.
    The power commander may be dead or I may be an idiot, we'll find the answer to this when I have more time to play with it, though on past experience I go with the latter for now.
    I have to stop spending for a while as I have a store to open and a babys room to get ready and my weekends are going to be spent pushing a roller, laying flooring and assembling baby furniture for the foreseeable future.

Good luck! My TLR has 28K miles on it and I love riding it!

Friend: man riding this really hurts my balls

Me: Well you're not supposed to sit on your balls!

As for the odd timing, I currently have an 8 day old daughter and will be picking up a new-to-me scoot next week or so. There's no reason to give up everything because you had a kid, it'll make you a more interesting parent.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I doubt it but the ECU could have been flashed so no need for PC

Congrats on the baby chipper