Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ordered Myself a Xmas Present Today!

Why Lie? It Was Me.... HO-HUM-R1's Avatar

Ordered Myself a Xmas Present Today!

After looking and reading, and watching video reviews for weeks, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of the Sidi ST boots today. I'm on a mission to upgrade my riding gear over the winter since right now it consists of work boots, a decent textile Jacket, and an okay pair of gloves..

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-ST-Boots.aspx

This was the xmas present, but I'm thinking I'll need a nice birthday present in Jan., a tax return splurge in feb and a couple more along the way. Like to get a two piece suit, some better gloves, riding jeans, and a new textile jacket. This is all on top of a few choice items i have in mind for the bike.

At this rate I might be single by spring too....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

Re: Ordered Myself a Xmas Present Today!

Nice boots, you'll like those I've always been a SiDi fan for road boots, I'm on my second season with the SiDi Vortice with great results as far as comfort and quality.

I'm ordering my xmas gift to myself this weekend (KTM/A* Tech8 boots) and will probably order a new Arai helmet around tax return.

Yamaha

Nice.... I have Sidi boots & I just got a racing suit for my xmas gift

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Nice! Did you try these on at a store before buying though? I find them running very large. a size 10/44 fits me perfect and I am a size 11-12 shoe. I am a big fan of Sidis!

Last edited by Lxpony; 11-30-11 at 09:26 AM.

Lifer

Nice and i agree on the sizing. they never fit quite right in my size so i have to look at others. Sometimes they are too small and others to big.

Sweet boots. I just bought a pair of sidi vertigo air for myself for xmas.

Its all I could afford after buying myself some Held Titan's for my other gift to myself.

When you shop for gloves- get Helds (Phantoms). Motomarket has them in stock.

nice boots. i've had 2 pairs of sidi's and love em

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    Nice! Did you try these on at a store before buying though? I find them running very large. a size 10/44 fits me perfect and I am a size 11-12 shoe. I am a big fan of Sidis!
    I went to boston motorsports to try them but they only had vortice's and vertigos. The guy in the store has the ST's personally and said they fit pretty much identical to the vortice which felt good in a 45. I wear a size 11 in most shoes.
    The 44's were way to tight and the 46 was swimming so i went with the 45. I ordered them at the store since he cut me a good deal on them. If they don't fit i'll order a set of the new 2011 A* SMX-Plus boots.

2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

Quote Originally Posted by HO-HUM-R1 View Post
    I went to boston motorsports to try them but they only had vortice's and vertigos. The guy in the store has the ST's personally and said they fit pretty much identical to the vortice which felt good in a 45. I wear a size 11 in most shoes.
    The 44's were way to tight and the 46 was swimming so i went with the 45. I ordered them at the store since he cut me a good deal on them. If they don't fit i'll order a set of the new 2011 A* SMX-Plus boots.
    Ok,,, good, just didnt want you to be surprised with a poorly fitting boot. Looking forward to rides with you next year!

I don't think it's really hit me yet that the season is over......sigh.......hopefully spring comes quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HO-HUM-R1 View Post
    I don't think it's really hit me yet that the season is over......sigh.......hopefully spring comes quick.
    I am riding this weekend- pussy..

Sesame st on saturday and the neighbor kids b-day on sunday...lol. im gonna try to get out long enough to fill it up and throw in some stabil..