Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Ya'll Ain't Never Gonna Believe It

Re: Ya'll Ain't Never Gonna Believe It

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    I use the craftsman motorcycle/atv red jack its for sale for 117 right now at sears. They also make a light weight aluminum version for 180. I've been happy with it. Combined with the Harley frame protectors which helps level the bike on the lift. They are part #94675-99. I may have enough of my set left for you if you want some.

Yeah, man. If you have a couple extra, I'll gladly take those off your hands!

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Yeah, man. If you have a couple extra, I'll gladly take those off your hands!
    I have one left over. It's like 1.5-2 feet long. You cut it to the lengths you want. When you get your jack you will see where you need it and how much. I'll get it to you somehow just not sure how. Maybe send it to the track with PK next time he goes up.

1 Not allowed!
    James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    So what's everyone using for lifts/stands to service these pigs? Will the $170 Harbor Freight jobbie work? Only thing I don't see on those are tie-down points. Any other reasonably priced lifts out there that'll fit the bill for occasional use?

Set-up a total redneck lift & strap system last night to change the front tire. Definitely need to step that up! On that note, I watched a guy stand literally in front of his Snap On tire changer and swap that skinny-ass tire by hand on his work bench. The whole time I offered to slap it on the tire changer and take care of it, but he insisted on doing it his way. Cost me a bottle of Tito's, some of Big Shirl's lasagna & a Boston Cream pie (don't ask).

Oh...and what the fuck is with standard and metric on these things?!? Because of our redneck lift & strap system, I had to remove the caliper. Everything is standard except for the 12pt. caliper bolts. Unless those are some weird Harley only bolts that they try to make you buy a special tool for?

So...what are we using for lifts?

EDIT: Sample from Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...BoCoikQAvD_BwE
    I just bought the same one and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I just bought the same one and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice, Ed. Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Wild.

I've had progressive for my motorcycle insurance for years. They've actually been really, really good for me. Claims handled exactly as I'd like. Billing and renewals were easy. Not a single complaint.

I had them for auto coverage for years too.
    claims, with almost any company, not just Progressive, depends on the local claims adjuster, we got a good one in our area, when a ladder fell on my V-strom in my barn, on Christmas eve. 3 days from being new, and still hadn't called my agent to tell them I bought a new bike. not only did he retroactively put my new bike on the policy, he also put the claim in on comprehensive instead of collision. I got my check for the repairs, no arguments with Rochester Motorsports estimate. 3 days later.... even more impressive, it was holiday season, and Christmas was one of those days

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234