Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Yamaha FZ-07 based mini-Tenere

Re: Yamaha FZ-07 based mini-Tenere

they're neat!

not the "hold onto your bars!" kind of bike according to my buddy that has one...he's doing his off-road test this weekend tho

countershaft sprocket is super high...the shift linkage looks excessively long and exposed...extra protection on things that stick out a bit

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

I did a group dirt road ride on Saturday with a guy with one. I didn’t hate it. Seemed smaller than I was expecting, looked pretty narrow. I didn’t throw a leg over, but the seat height seemed quite reasonable for my 30” inseam. The guy wasn’t much taller than me, but he said he wants to get the taller rally seat to make seated to standing transition a bit easier.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Is it me, or did they put a sportster tank on there? I will definitely test ride one of these things.

Paul_E_D

4.2 gallons. Range is reported as 200 miles "if you are easy on it". I agree that isn't awesome.

I could stretch the 5.8 gal tank on my V-Strom 650 to 300 miles if I was "easy" on it. That was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    4.2 gallons. Range is reported as 200 miles "if you are easy on it". I agree that isn't awesome.

I could stretch the 5.8 gal tank on my V-Strom 650 to 300 miles if I was "easy" on it. That was awesome.
    lol, I think the light comes on for my RC51 at 110 miles and you're walking at 150

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    lol, I think the light comes on for my RC51 at 110 miles and you're walking at 150
    laughs in hypermotard where you're walking at 110

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

https://www.riders-share.com/listing/p8uncNxRn2xn3fsRs

$125/day + fees

I kinda wanna try it for a day!

My friend has been putting seat time in and is liking it more and more off road. Like any bike, just need to know when to push it and when to have self control.

tried an africa twin a couple years ago...there's also:
    -Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro ($100 + fees)
    -Husqvarna 501S ($125 + fees)
    -Ducati hyperstrada ($100 + fees)
    -KTM 1190 Adventure R ($100 + fees)
    -BMW 1250 RS ($149 + fees)
    -BMW R1200GS ($125 + fees)
    -BMW F700GS ($120 + fees)

but the T7, 1190, and 501 top my lists...but if I were to buy Id get a 690/701 so I could still do the local stuff, but big enough to ride 2 hours from home to a spot and ride back. No more super gnar king-of-the-hammers enduro cross stuff.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 02-14-21 at 08:47 PM.

I like this Paul guy. We could be friends.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

[video=youtube;XBXhobRu4X0]I like this Paul guy. We could be friends.
    Does he like frequent dirt naps also?

So I think I'm going to buy one of these. I got a thing breaking my way and will be in a position to buy starting sometime next month. But I'm learning that these are unobtanium. Dropped in on the local dealer that Yamaha shows has one in stock to find out that is an en-route unit that was sold months ago. Sales cat was the least interested sales cat I've seen in a while. They were cleaned out and had sleds on the showroom floor in June. He said everything is upside-down and backwards and he didn't think I would be able to set hands on a T7 within a YEAR from now. Guy was zero commitment and wasn't even interested in taking my name or contact info. I get the impression they've made their numbers and then some.

I plan to call Freedom next week.

Friend I rode the MABDR with last month has one, he loves it. But he is planning on throwing $2k at the suspension. He’s coming from a GS so the T7 is all nimbly-bimbly, GS is now relegated to pavement/touring duty. I threw a leg over it, felt quite a bit bigger and heavier than my DR650.

$2k sounds like a lot.

I've convinced myself I'd be into the suspension before long too. But when you start at $10k you have a lot left in the budget for that business compared to the rest. I've convinced myself I could do it in stages; springs rates first as a DIY. Then maybe a drop-in kit for the forks. Maybe. I've read a lot that says it doesn't really need it once you address the spring rate. Given my size springs are a given with just about any bike out there.

Bigger hurt is bash guards, hand guards, skid plates, luggage, etc, etc. My budget has >$2k in that already and I feel like it is incomplete.

I've ridden the DR650 and it isn't for me. I want a multi-cylinder bike with better highway manners. Twins really rustle my jimmies. VT's dirt roads are nearly 2 hours by slab from here. In my mind it is this vs KTM 790/890 ADV, Africa Twin, F800GS, etc. I think I'd take a really clean F800GS right now. But those are still fetching well over $10k 2nd hand. I think I'd rather have this for less.

Checked out the V-Strom 1050XT today. It is a miss. Even without riding it I am tempted to lump it in with the Super Tenere.. which I have no love for.

Checked Cycle Trader, looks like there’s a T7 in Waterford, Ct. May be able to snag it if you jump.

https://www.msnwaterford.com/default...=xNewInventory

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

I think he planned up to $2k because he figured he might as well go all-out, since it will be a long-term bike for him and he wishes he didn’t wait so long before upgrading his GS suspension.

Certainly not trying to sell you on a DR, but my 790cc version is surprisingly decent on the highway. MABDR trip was ~2400 miles. The first day from central CT out to western NY I did 385 miles, and most of it was 70-80 mph roads through Catskills and Finger Lakes areas. I was surprised when I looked at the odometer and saw that many miles without wanting to kill myself. On the way back north I alternated between slab for 1.5-2 hours and backroads for 1.5-2 hours.

Actually that just reminded me, the T7 guy was limiting his highway speed to about 70-75, he said there was a lot of instability above that. I don’t know if that was due to the luggage or whatever windscreen he was using or what - I can ask him for more info if you want. I actually blew past him at 90-100 at one point as a joke.

It seems like once a week there’s a “WTB T7” post on the ADV flea market, doesn’t seem like many people had had much luck, but wouldn’t hurt to throw a line out there.

Lifer

$2k sounds like a lot.

I've convinced myself I'd be into the suspension before long too. But when you start at $10k you have a lot left in the budget for that business compared to the rest. I've convinced myself I could do it in stages; springs rates first as a DIY. Then maybe a drop-in kit for the forks. Maybe. I've read a lot that says it doesn't really need it once you address the spring rate. Given my size springs are a given with just about any bike out there.

Bigger hurt is bash guards, hand guards, skid plates, luggage, etc, etc. My budget has >$2k in that already and I feel like it is incomplete.

I've ridden the DR650 and it isn't for me. I want a multi-cylinder bike with better highway manners. Twins really rustle my jimmies. VT's dirt roads are nearly 2 hours by slab from here. In my mind it is this vs KTM 790/890 ADV, Africa Twin, F800GS, etc. I think I'd take a really clean F800GS right now. But those are still fetching well over $10k 2nd hand. I think I'd rather have this for less.

Checked out the V-Strom 1050XT today. It is a miss. Even without riding it I am tempted to lump it in with the Super Tenere.. which I have no love for.
    I think its a terrible time to buy a bike, new or used. Prices are inflated easily by 20%. Good time to sell and wait a few months. My friend ordered it from Razees in RI and got it 6 weeks later. I think the Tenere 700 is also on my list, but at 57 and light weight my mods maybe more related to height than springs. I would start with a low seat and then see if I need the Yamahalink

Ducati Scrambler Icon, Monster 1100evo, VFR/Interceptor, CRF250L/M, CRF230L

Lifer

$2k sounds like a lot.

I think its a terrible time to buy a bike, new or used. Prices are inflated easily by 20%. Good time to sell and wait a few months. My friend ordered it from Razees in RI and got it 6 weeks later. I think the Tenere 700 is also on my list, but at 57 and light weight my mods maybe more related to height than springs. I would start with a low seat and then see if I need the Yamahalink

Ducati Scrambler Icon, Monster 1100evo, VFR/Interceptor, CRF250L/M, CRF230L

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    I can ask him for more info if you want.
    Sure, why not. I dig BS'ing about motorbikes.
    70-75 sustained is really all I ask out of a motorcycle these days. Do that in relative comfort with a weekends worth of camping gear on board and I'm "there".
    I have my mind pretty well made up that I want a multi-cylinder bike for this.

It seems like once a week there’s a “WTB T7” post on the ADV flea market, doesn’t seem like many people had had much luck, but wouldn’t hurt to throw a line out there.
    I've seen those too. I wonder if they go anywhere. I've posted in and am watching an "availability" thread there. Some stories of gouging. I will continue to beat the Harley up on dirt roads before I participate in any of that.

Fortunately I am not in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    I think it’s a terrible time to buy a bike, new or used. Prices are inflated easily by 20%. Good time to sell and wait a few months.
    Tell me about it. I think it is worse than I thought.
    A few months I think I can do. I can't make any moves until at least July 1 anyway. After that I may be willing to lock up $500 for a deposit somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Checked Cycle Trader, looks like there’s a T7 in Waterford, Ct. May be able to snag it if you jump.
    Saw that. Waterford is a bit outside my range to jump at just yet. As I say, I'm not ready to move until July anyway. My read is that all the dealer websites, cycle-trader ads, and such are suspect. Apparently dealers are selling allocation months and months ahead of delivery. Very few of these ads are for anything in stock. I think I'll sniff around a few more local dealers before I go that far.

Last edited by nhbubba; 06-19-21 at 07:57 AM.

Actually that just reminded me, the T7 guy was limiting his highway speed to about 70-75, he said there was a lot of instability above that. I don’t know if that was due to the luggage or whatever windscreen he was using or what - I can ask him for more info if you want. I actually blew past him at 90-100 at one point as a joke.
    Talked with Dave last night about this, says it’s due to the luggage on the rear end with way too light of a shock spring. He’s about 175-180 without gear. For 1-up riding without luggage, he has the stock shock preload spring maxed out, and sag is still about 50%. Adding the luggage on the rear, plus a fairly aggressive 50/50 front tire, the front end was getting real squirrely. He said with stock tires and no luggage it’s comfortable up to 110+. He’s definitely planning on at least new springs before doing the NEBDR this fall.

Last edited by MattR302; 06-22-21 at 12:35 AM.

I had some problems like that when I fitted the massive tusk hard boxes on my DL650 too. That was in an aftermarket shock with a heavier spring too. That and I suspect the shock was past due for a refresh as well. But springs change so much. In the initial budget if I do find a bike. Especially at my weight.

Looks like there will be quite a wait though.

More "press" coverage..

I want one, but this is probably the bike with the least available inventory and highest demand on the market (seemingly). Finally saw two available arrive at a dealer out here in California. They wanted $13k OTD. I told them that was too much markup and they sold both within a couple more days.

Plenty of 890s sitting on the showroom floor but I don't want all the reliability and electronic issues along with another $4k on the price tag.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

2022 model is out. +$300 to the MSRP and a +$1000 +$100 freight surcharge "..effective on MY22 models shipped on or after, Nov 1, 2021"

Misread as $1k. Is actually $100. As you were..

Last edited by nhbubba; 11-22-21 at 02:16 PM.

Get the 890 Adv-R, turn off the MTC and wheelie it like a SuperMoto in 3rd gear. Seriously FUN! Like a girlfriend that's always in the mood. Yes high maintenance has its limits. But I live with the quirks for those 3rd gear whoolies.

If you want reliability and cheap I hear the KLR is not selling that fast.

Send cash... I need a track day

I just don't think I'm euro street bike material.
    Which should be fine to us all.

Still love my 200 though. Even if I never ride it anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234