Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yamaha Haters?

Re: Yamaha Haters?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    All The big 4 Are the same, 1 is not any better then the other. Just diffrent I have absolutely No brand Loyalty. I own 2 suzukis and A Yamaha. Never owned a Kawi And I really like Hondas.

How could you!!!( never owned a Kwak?),

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptman View Post
    because Rossi is just so damnnnn gooood
    can you even count Rossi into the equation? Chances are the average Joe blow street guy/gal is NEVER gonna see much in the way of similarity with his machine and a "normal" R1

Love Yamahas. I own 3 of them ('05 R1, '87 SRX250, '04 XV250 bought for the gf to ride).
    In all honesty though, most of these bikes are pretty much the same. One year Honda seems to be best (like the current CBR1000RR), the next year someone else moves into the lead. Overall, there are minor differences in torque or handling or whatever, and it's all to a person's taste...
    Really, the reason I love Yamahas is just that they're styling is more to my personal taste (all done by GK Dynamics).

Though it does seem that, more often than not, when I see a real idiot riding around, he's on a gixxer.

2005 Yamaha R1 (Raven)
    2004 Yamaha (V-Star) XV250 (for the gf)
    1987 Yamaha SRX250 (project bike)

Quote Originally Posted by JudyGT View Post
    can you even count Rossi into the equation? Chances are the average Joe blow street guy/gal is NEVER gonna see much in the way of similarity with his machine and a "normal" R1
    It was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by jnm988 View Post
    Perhaps you'd like them better if they came in rainbow? Fucking homo.
    Zing!

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

I Dance With Will

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Hi, my name is Jim, but I really wish my name was Denno.

You already look like him. Is it really necessary to ride the same bike as him?

Next thing you know, you'll be crashing and getting arrested like him.

Did someone say hero-worship?

sorry jim

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

serious post:

to me it feels like you're sitting little lower on the r1 and gixxer than the zx. im for agressive seating position.

"fuckit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptman View Post
    because Rossi is just so damnnnn gooood

EXACTLY!!! just because of him!!! Otherwise R1s are so steaming hot to ride on a warm day, it is literally uncomfortable. Ass is on the fire when head in the helmet dripps sweat!!! And it is a beast, heavy as hell (at least for the girl!)!! and CBR1000 can pass you like you were not pushing it..lol But still love my bike b/c it is mine... but miss my r6 (just a little). not even sure what would i get instead. Probably Honda and DEFINETLY NOT GIXXXXER!

Because they don't make any power under 7K?

Unofficial self proclaimed official NESR plumber.

"Ah shit son, datz be a Ducati!"-Random kid in Methuen.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by irzar6 View Post
    EXACTLY!!! just because of him!!! Otherwise R1s are so steaming hot to ride on a warm day, it is literally uncomfortable. Ass is on the fire when head in the helmet dripps sweat!!! And it is a beast, heavy as hell (at least for the girl!)!! and CBR1000 can pass you like you were not pushing it..lol But still love my bike b/c it is mine... but miss my r6 (just a little). not even sure what would i get instead. Probably Honda and DEFINETLY NOT GIXXXXER!
    removed the cat from my R1 and it helped with the heat issues on my legs....and the bike weight is avg compared to other literbikes

Quote Originally Posted by BCT748 View Post
    Because they don't make any power under 7K?
    yea its like the r6 with a bigger kick....although after getting a custom map done its acting like a 2nd gen R1

'22 Aprilia rs660
    '18 Aprilia Tuono Factory

If you look down, you go down. That may be fun at an orgy, but it sucks on a bike

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post
    I hate Yamaha.

Ever since I bought my 12-String Yamaha electric acoustic guitar, the battery indicator does not seem to work. The LED light just does not light up at all. My common sense tells me that when my battery is full (by the way, in order to power the pre-amp, I need a 9V battery), the LED light should be bright red. Frustrated, I visited the Yamaha shop that I bought the guitar from and asked the sales person why it is so. He said my guitar is not the only one! Some of the new ones coming in also have the same problem. He suggested that I shall live with it as it does not affect the sound quality.

Live with it I shall not! I asked where I can send my guitar for repair and the sales guy asked me if I've ever been to Japan!

So I brought the guitar all the way to Japan only to realize that first, the Japanese shop is closed on weekends, second, they don’t have spare parts inside the Japanese shop, third, I have no fucking clue how to speak Japanese, fourth, Yamaha technicians in Japan can only do minor repairs (like what??), and fifth, all I really needed to do was call the service center in Milwaukee for repair.

So I did and realized that Milwaukee will not pick up phone calls during lunch hour. How big is Milwaukee anyway?

I called after 1pm and the not too friendly person from the other side of the phone first asked me to go back to the store where I bought the guitar … Hello? the store I bought the guitar asked me to go to Fucking Japan! Japan asked me to call Milwaukee, and Milwaukee asked me to return to the store I bought the guitar. These Yamaha folks either don’t work together or they really work “together”.

Anyway, I asked them how long it takes to fix a guitar. Her reply was 2 weeks. Two weeks!? I must have screamed. Then I asked her if I could make an appointment to cut short the waiting time and she told me bluntly: no! She must have sensed my tension and she suggested that I shall bring my guitar to Milwaukee for her technicians to estimate the time for repair. Great I said, I love Milwaukee, can I come down tomorrow? Maybe I can catch a Brewers game while I'm town. Nobody goes to those games anyways (mind you, this was before the days of Sabathia.) No she said, there are no technicians around tomorrow she replied.

Amazing. It is just amazing.

Feeling not so good, I visited a guitar shop at the Sargasso Complex. In search for my electric classical. That is when I discovered something interesting about the electric acoustic guitar.

One of the acoustic guitars I picked up had a button to check if the battery is still healthy or not. I pressed the button and the LED lights up. The brighter it is, the healthier the battery is. Ya dig? As I was walking out of the shop, I was both amused by the innovativeness and by the practicality of such a device. Why practical? The light cannot be lit up all the time during play time because it consumes energy.

I rushed back to my car to check if I had missed a button somewhere. Perhaps the volume dial is “pressable”? Nope, no such button. Too bad. So I looked through my trunk and pulled out the guitar owner's manual which read:

“When the battery is running low, the LED will light up. Please change battery as soon as possible when that happens.”

Shit… I felt so stupid (because there is nothing wrong with my guitar) but I still hate Yamaha.
    where in sofla do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
    where in sofla do you live?
    Fort Lauderdale. Where in Derby do you live?

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    FUCK YEA!!!

TUCKER MAX! Bitches bettah recognizzzzze!

(read the story, laugh profusely, read more of the stories...)

Thanks, that's fricken' hilarious.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123