Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

on my way!!

Just Registered

on my way!!

I just wanted to tell everyone that i got my motorcycle permit yesterday and signed up for the safety course in west bolyston for the end of july(earliest they had) i am so pumped!!! i can't wait...now i just gotta find my bike..looking for a CBR600 F2/F3. or something along those lines, a sport 600. either way, i can't wait!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

on my way!!

Neato!!!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Just Registered

on my way!!

Originally posted by JCsGrly
    there was a cbr f3 (im almost positive) at parkway cycle when we were there last weekend - looked to be in good condition from what i remember - might wanna give 'em a call
    AWESOME!! thanks for the tip, i'll check them out...i looked at a bunch at MOM's. they were all stickered around 5500..i should go back and see what the OTD price would be...

on my way!!

cool dude , How old are you ? , and ride safe

Just Registered

on my way!!

Originally posted by JCsGrly
    http://www.parkwaycycle.com/pre_owne...17R0&veh=40610

http://www.parkwaycycle.com/new_vehi...4500&pov=51772

the 2nd one i remember seeing good luck!!

wow, you are just a wealth of information, thanks JCsGrly, it's much appreciated..i like both of those bikes, might have to go check them out...
    needabike, i'm 22, just graduated from college on the 17th!

on my way!!

Hey Daytona... congrats on starting riding... you've picked a great bike to start with!...

The red is a 92 and the purple/yellow is around a 96 or 97.... suspension is the big difference between an F2 or F3... just something to think about...

Have fun!

Mike

on my way!!

congrats, I just got into the course here in RI, taking it next weekend! never thought it would be so soon..

1995 VW golf sport
    Need to learn to ride and a bike- suzuki gs500e or sv650?

on my way!!

Cool man, have fun. If there isn't a big difference in price I'd go with the F3.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Just Registered

on my way!!

I have my permit, no bike and two months to wait before the MSF course!!! who wants to loan me their bike and teach me to ride??? ninja 1200's aren't that fast are they???

on my way!!

Originally posted by Daytona440
    ninja 1200's aren't that fast are they???
    naw... you really need to slam open the throttle to get them to do anything.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

on my way!!

Originally posted by twrayinma
    naw... you really need to slam open the throttle to get them to do anything.

Must be the weight . . ..

Everybody to the limit!

on my way!!

I have my permit, no bike and two months to wait before the MSF course!!! who wants to loan me their bike and teach me to ride???
    As others have mentioned, if you call the night before or even show up the day of an earlier MSF course at your location, there's a good chance there'll be a no show and they'll let you in. Some have said it works a bit differently in MA, but it's worth calling the place you signed up at and seeing what their policy is.

I'd be a bit nervous about borrowing someone else's bike to learn on. I and about half of my MSF course dropped the bike at least one practicing low speed maneuvers. MSF instructors are very understanding about this. Your buddy with the '03 RR might not be so understanding

ninja 1200's aren't that fast are they???
    Only when they're running

Just Registered

on my way!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honclfibr
    [B]As others have mentioned, if you call the night before or even show up the day of an earlier MSF course at your location, there's a good chance there'll be a no show and they'll let you in. Some have said it works a bit differently in MA, but it's worth calling the place you signed up at and seeing what their policy is.

I'd be a bit nervous about borrowing someone else's bike to learn on. I and about half of my MSF course dropped the bike at least one practicing low speed maneuvers. MSF instructors are very understanding about this. Your buddy with the '03 RR might not be so understanding [QUOTE]

The best part about my course date is i am taking it with my best friend, it's his birthday that weekend so we are going to get our licenses together...i wouldn't want to borrow someones bike to learn on, too much liability, i am just bumming about the weather and the time frame i gotta wait, but whatever good things will come!!!

Everybody to the limit!

on my way!!

Oh I hear ya man. I went through *exactly* what you were going through last year. Graduated from college in may, decided I wanted to learn to ride, found out that the nearest possible date was mid-july, and paced around for the next 2 months making motorcycle noises and counting the days

A few tips if you're taking the course mid-summer:

1) Bring lots of water. July is hot.

2) Wear a long sleeve shirt. Often, if you're wearing one, they'll let you remove your jacket. I wasn't, so I had to keep mine on, and baked in the sun all day.

3) Bring lots of water. July is hot.

4) Bring snacks. Learning to ride is exhausting. I found that by the time we broke for lunch at 1, I was feeling very frustrating and not as in control of my bike as earlier in the day. Once I got some food in me, it was a whole new ballgame the rest of the day.

5) Bring lots of water. July is hot.

Good luck, man. Riding is great fun!

Just Registered

on my way!!

thanks for the tips Honclfibr...some stuff there i never thought of...the good point about having to wait two months is I learn more and more everyday..i am so glad i joined the forum before i got a bike, so much good tips and info from everyone, i hope some day i will be able to return the favor to a new rider!! THANKS!!

another question about the course...If i am not mistaken i have to bring my own helmet, it that correct?

Everybody to the limit!

on my way!!

thanks for the tips Honclfibr...some stuff there i never thought of...the good point about having to wait two months is I learn more and more everyday..i am so glad i joined the forum before i got a bike, so much good tips and info from everyone, i hope some day i will be able to return the favor to a new rider!! THANKS!!

another question about the course...If i am not mistaken i have to bring my own helmet, it that correct?
    Well...not exactly. All the courses have helmets that you can borrow. But at least at the one in brockton, the helmets were old, half-face helmets, and you know hundreds of people have had their heads in them before you. I was able to borrow a full face from a girl I met there, which was nice. I appreciated the security of a full face, and it was good to get used to it since that was what I was planning on riding with. I bought a helmet shortly after...if you're sure that riding is for you, it wouldn't hurt to pick up your helmet before the course. Picking out a good helmet can be a long process, would be a good way to spend the next few months, to find one that fits your head best.

Another thing you can do while you're waiting is pick up a few books on the subject. After my crash I picked up David Hough's "Proficient Motorcycling" and Keith Codes "Twist of the Wrist". Haven't read Code's book yet but Hough's was excellent, made me realize a few bad habits I didn't learn about at MSF, I'm thinking I should have bought the book when I started riding. It would be a good mental preparation for the MSF course, otherwise it can be a pretty intense two days, trying to absorb all the things they teach you about riding while getting comfortable with your bike.

Everybody to the limit!

on my way!!

Oh, one more thing...The bikes you're looking at. A bit more power than I would have been comfortable starting out with, but as long as you're respectful of your right wrist there's a good chance you'll be fine. HOWEVER...do you know the cost of replacing those pretty plastic pieces if and when the bike tips over? If not, the numbers may surprise you. You wouldn't believe what a piece of brightly colored plastic goes for.

Not that you shouldn't buy a nice looking bike as a first ride...just, make sure you know the costs of dropping it and are willing to accept them. If you're not, you might want to consider looking at a bike with less (or less expensive) plastics as a first ride, then move up to a modern sportbike once you've gained a bit more confidence. That's what I did....of course, I then promptly nosed the new bike into the ground, but that's an entirely separate issue

on my way!!

I have a friend with an F3 for sale.. Shoot me a PM

G-man

Gerard

Just Registered

on my way!!

Originally posted by gsxr600ger
    I have a friend with an F3 for sale.. Shoot me a PM
    DONE and done!!