Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

04 Deals Gap trip in May

04 Deals Gap trip in May

yep, just made an appointment at RMS for May 11th. final service before the trip. I anticipate about 94k at the beginning of the trip and 98k when I get back. that will put 100k on my SV just about in time for Stonnerstock

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Tearin into the old 750 today. Gotta do a valve adjustment, see what condition my cam chain tensioner is in, carb sync, oil change and transmission shift window grind. Then a couple new tires and I'm golden.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Ok, here we go:

Is that spare trailer still available? Is it a 2 or 3 bike trailer? If needs be, I'll just pick up one of those folding trailers for a coup0le hundred bucks. Might have to come home for Saturday. Getting a trailer hitch put on my new car also.

Gotta buy a new bike before the gap too. My cam chain adjuster bolt stripped out the aluminum head last night and there is no repair options other than getting a new head

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

KB, read this!

I will have to check on the trailer. I am not sure if KB is going to use it, I will also check if he is using it if there is a spot for another bike.

KB you out there?

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Actually, just got a 3 bike trailer. Should be all set! Thanks anyways!

Mike, consider this a notice that you have room for one more bike in your trailer. I'll be driving down and towing mine.

I'll be leaving either friday morning or saturday morning to get back here. Gotta get back in time for graduation (not my own, I'm skippin it).

Is there room for one more person in the house?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Actually, just got a 3 bike trailer. Should be all set! Thanks anyways!

Mike, consider this a notice that you have room for one more bike in your trailer. I'll be driving down and towing mine.

I'll be leaving either friday morning or saturday morning to get back here. Gotta get back in time for graduation (not my own, I'm skippin it).

Is there room for one more person in the house?
    Ok ! & Yes there is room for more at the house ! You going to invite Dad?? I am pretty sure he had a good time last year.. Just dont attract the local 5-0's would ya!!!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Nah, he's still getting used to his BMW. He is interested in next year though. He picked up one of those K1200GT's used a month ago. Too big...too much plastic....

I have a friend who has been telling me since last year that he wanted to go. I just recently put 2+2 together and realized that if I come back for saturday to make it to my woman's graduation, he can come too since he needs to be back for the same day. And since I'm buyin a car that can tow and already have a 3 bike trailer, we can drive down together and back together without ruining you guy's weekend.

If anyone see's a ZRX1200 around here for sale for $5000 or under used, or $7000 or under new, please let me know. Looks like I'll be sportin a new ride for the Gap. Gotta replace the head on my 750, and even though I got a used one on Ebay last night, I'd rather not risk an entire week of jollies to a repair on a old bike.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Clayton.. Rochester Motorsports has a left over 03 ZRX1200 (blue & silver)

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

If a free spot opens up in Mike's trailer I'm all over it and and the trailer would be available. It needs some tlc before we take her all the way to Deal's. We'll need to mint her out one night after work. There is a welding shop by my house that I need to take it to.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Beleive it or not there is only 2 1/2 weeks before we leave!!! Time has flown by!

There is 6 Definates for the whole week, one more possible (Randy's Son) and Bruce (Mycirus) for the last three days. So the cost of the house will be nice! Should be a good trip!

Would those going like to meet up and plan or talk about the trip at all? If so shall we do it over a ride or go out one afternoon/night for a few Next weekend I can be available to get together. There is not much to plan really. We can talk about routes to the house, when we are leaving, possible idea's for day trips or dinner options while we are there, or what ever else. If you need any info or have any questions, fire away. Send me an E-Mail or I can PM you my cell #.

Was there anyone that was thinking about the trip and holding back due to expences?? If so I will keep track of my expences during this trip. But I dont think I ever spent more than $500 for the whole trip even buying memorabilia and buying lots of . It's a very affordable and a very fun trip. What vacation could ever be better than spending ever day for a week on your bike on a ton of increadible roads with awesome scenery! Deals Gap is only a taste of what the area has for sweet ass roads.. I think next year we will be trying a new date to accomidate a few people and just for something different, maybe a little warmer so on our breaks along rides we can swim @ some of the water falls and cool off!

E-mail me for any questions. E-Mail

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Wow I just realized that there is only 2 1/2 weeks. Guess I better get some new rubber on the Hawk before then.

Mike is there a spot for the Hawk in the trailer or do I need to make alternate arrangements?

I'm down for a ride or some beers what have you.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Mike and I spoke last night. Lets get together next week some night after work for some wobbly pops (as LB would say)! He and I have discussed leaving early Saturday May 15th and starting the drive from there and get down as far as we can, grab a hotel room in a fun city (about 2-3 hours away), grab some grub, some frosty's and get a good night sleep.

This way we can ride on Sunday, plus we get to drive during the daylight hours.

Thoughts?

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

That's probably what me and Jon are doin. When can we get into the house?

As it sits right now the trailer will be ready next Tuesday and the hitch is goin onto the car Monday.

We'll be trying to leave early Saturday morning. If we can't get into the house until Sunday, we'll stay at a cheapie hotel Saturday night. It'll leave a night for us to go scope out all them corn-fed hotties

As far as meeting up, I'm good anytime. Anytime after work in the Framingham area is cool with me. I'm pickin up the new bike tonight and we're changing Jon's tires on his SV this weekend. A weekend ride just for fun could be cool too.

Estimates for driving time from here to there? 18 hours? I'll probably be keepin it around 70-75 due to the trailer.

Mike, you figure out a approx cost per person for the house?

I'll be bringin lots'o'beer. Shall I make up another batch of my chili for dinner one night like I did last year?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Obviously the framingham area works for me, but want to make it convienent for everyone that wants to join. That would be a long ways to go for Randy. Can everyone respond and start a list as to yes or no for meeting and whether we ride or drink..

We can not have access to the house till around noon time roughly on sunday, but can show up at the house unload the bikes and ride from there no problem! There is a group leaving that morning and then the house will be cleaned before we can access it.

I am still waiting to get confirmation if Randy's son may go, also need to find out what the owner will charge us this year. So far we have been lucky and he gave us a break on the price @ $750.
    If he charges us the full boat of $850, and we have 6 people it will be $134/each for the week. If Randy's son go's it will be reduced to $114/each. If we get our "regulars" discount @ $750 for the week it will be $118 with 6, or $100 with 7 of us. On all these estimates I dropped $50 off the top due to Bruce coming for the tail end weeeknd and he contributed that $50. These do not have you $50 deposit reduced so subtract that and that is what remains!

Departure for myself Kieth and Jamie is going to be leaving on Saturday May 15 in the Am and find a nice place to rest up probably in Virginia or TN to have a few frosty beverages and a good meal, hopefully some eye candy in the process of the stop over! Do you guys want to try to stop at the same location??

Estimated drive time is between 14 and 17 hours, depends on traffic through cities, construction and such... Not sure if I remember the mileage, I think it was around 1100?? I have a great route mapped out for the ride down if you would like to see it!

YES BRING SOME O DAT CHILI!!!! Yummmmm..

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Meeting up in Framingham works for me! But I can meet anywhere.

Jamie

As for a ride this weekend, I should be ready to ride around 11 on Saturday (recovery period will be needed from Friday night Perfect Circle show)!

04 Deals Gap trip in May

probably can't make it to Framingham after work, I have a hard enuf time making it to Farmington..

last nite Mark & I picked up a parts bike for his vfr, it started right up once he charged the battery, so worse case he will do an engine swap.. but I'm pretty sure he will get his vfr running over the weekend

my Sv is not scheduled to get into shop till the 11th for new tires, chain, sprockets, brake calipers, cables & carb cleaning. and I won't be ridng too much till then, I can almost see the air in my tires

I know the way down, now sure when we will leave.. maybe Friday nite, possibly might stop part way down and unload bikes and ride some saturday. on the way then do some more driving saturday nite

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

OK, when and where are we meeting this week?

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Jamie,

There is a party in your mouth and I am cumming!!!!!

I don't care. Any day but wednesday works for me. I got an atv club meeting in Weare NH.

Peace,
    KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

KB,

Stop being a homo!

Jamie

Banned

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by RandyO
    probably can't make it to Framingham after work, I have a hard enuf time making it to Farmington..

last nite Mark & I picked up a parts bike for his vfr, it started right up once he charged the battery, so worse case he will do an engine swap.. but I'm pretty sure he will get his vfr running over the weekend

my Sv is not scheduled to get into shop till the 11th for new tires, chain, sprockets, brake calipers, cables & carb cleaning. and I won't be ridng too much till then, I can almost see the air in my tires

I know the way down, now sure when we will leave.. maybe Friday nite, possibly might stop part way down and unload bikes and ride some saturday. on the way then do some more driving saturday nite

New brake CALIPERS!!!!! What the fuck???

derek

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by Degsy
    New brake CALIPERS!!!!! What the fuck???

derek
    I know it, huh? Nearly 100,000 miles on that SV and the thing's already gone through calipers! Friggin' piece of shit...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I bet it fell off while he was riding through a glacier on his way to work.

Or, he brought it into the dealer and they couldn't see it due to the brake dust forming a cacoon around it.

Either way I'm glad he's gettin it taken care of. The more, the merrier at the Gap!

Got the trailer hitch installed today, got the trailer registered today, throwin the new bearings on it tonight, ordered my new Corbin( ) today. No more complainin about my ass this trip! (no jokes!)

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

If only I had read this thread before I made my vacation plans this year...

Have fun, and take lots of pics!!!

Yup.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

only 12 days till departure

I actually "cleaned" my SV this weekend... at least enuf to see the scottoiler so I could refill the reservoir.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

YEAH YEAH.. let me know about those dates for next year! Not too mention I got nice dry transportation for four peeps and bikes

Have fun this year.. hope everyone has a safe fun trip