Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

04 Deals Gap trip in May

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by GadgettR1
    YEAH YEAH.. let me know about those dates for next year! Not too mention I got nice dry transportation for four peeps and bikes

Have fun this year.. hope everyone has a safe fun trip
    I have dry transportation for three bikes! Next year?? It could happen, if so we will definately try a different month.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by GadgettR1
    YEAH YEAH.. let me know about those dates for next year! Not too mention I got nice dry transportation for four peeps and bikes

Have fun this year.. hope everyone has a safe fun trip
    Oh yeah, I forgot you're down here. We'll have to go for a rip at some point.

Yup.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Ok, How does Thursday work for our meet?

I was thinking Desmond O'Malleys in Natick.. They have good food, and great . Anytime after 6 is good!

Clayton I was curious to know where it was you stopped on the way down last year? We are looking for a good hot spot to stop for a night of food women and beer? Any idea's?? Probably try lower Virginia or eastern TN.. Trying to get 12 or 13 hours or driving done Saturday and only have 3 or 4 left to get to the house and ride some on Sunday! Do you and Jon want to join us on the venture south?

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by RandyO
    only 12 days till departure

I actually "cleaned" my SV this weekend... at least enuf to see the scottoiler so I could refill the reservoir.
    That was hardly cleaning, Randy!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by TheIglu
    I bet it fell off while he was riding through a glacier on his way to work.

No more complainin about my ass this trip! (no jokes!)

Glacier.........thank I spit coffee all over my monitor on that one.

I'll save the ass jokes for the gap. LOL

11 days, I'm pumped for this trip. Let's hope the Hawk makes it back alive.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

We stopped midway down in D.C. at my sisters place. Bad thing is that it's another 8-10 hours of driving once you start driving on Sunday.

I'm thinkin we'll be up for followin you guys down, or at least meeting at the same spot. I'm gunna try to take the new bike up north this weekend to ride the Kanc while away with my woman on our anniversary weekend, so I'll be able to get a good idea what kinda speeds the trailer can handle. I'm thinkin 70-75 tops. I threw larger tires on it, but it isn't too large and doesn't have any shocks. What average speed do you usually do with that enclosed trailer?

Thursday is good for me. Jon has a final project due friday, though he thinks he can make it too.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Count me in for Thursday!

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

hey Mike... do you have the phone # for the house

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Thursday night it is. What time is good for everyone? Like I said anytime from 6 on works for me. Another idea is we can meet at my house check out the Gap Video discuss whatever we need to then head for some and food!

Randy, I do not know the # at the house. I will send Ron & Nancy an E-Mail to get it, I have to ask them something anyways.

Items to discuss:
    1. Beer stop prior to arrival in Robbinsville!
    2. Route down and idea's where to stop for Sat night off of 81 South or 40 west. Time of departure..
    3. Possible idea's for dinners during the week.
    4. What to bring for bike repairs or spare parts to have?
    5. Phone #'s for emergency contacts in case.... This will be made up and left with one individual to have on person at all times. We can make this list when we arrive prior to any rides...

Any other topics???
    Any and all suggestions from others as well will be very appreciated..

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I like the way you think Mike. Number 1 on the list and most important BEER!!!

I will volunteer my toolbox for the trip. It's small and I have it equiped with every tool you could imagine to fix just about anything.

I think we should get a menu together prior to departure.

I will bring my tire iron's, balancing equipment, and my air pump in case we need to mount up a tire or summin.

Thursday is good for me. Waltham works better for me. I don't know where everyone else is coming from?

The only other idea I have is maybe doing something off of the bike one day. I don't know what but something.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

yes, beer run

even thought I don't mind riding 40-50 miles each way on a beer run to Tellico Plains, Punkin Corner, Bryson City or Franklin, the selection once you get there is limited to Bud, Miller, Coors and PBR

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I should have plenty of space for bee-ah in the car. I can hit a NH liquor store this weekend for cheap cases. What do you guys like? As I remember, last year we had Sam Light, Bass and something else....

I'll be bringin down a 30 of Beast (Milwakee's Best) for everyone to have at. I bought two cases of it for a party and never went through many.

I'll be makin some of my patented flaming-ass chili for one night's food. There should be enough for everyone, though last year the pan was gettin scraped for what was left even after I thought everyone had their fill. I'm makin a larger batch this time. If you don't like spicey food, this stuff won't be for you. Other than that we can hit the supermarket in Robbinsville monday night for stockin up on food.

Some idea's that most everyone likes:

-Spaghetti/sauce/garlic bread with cheapie frozen meatballs

-Tacos/Fajitas/refried beans

-STEAK (don't know if you guys liked mine last year, I can do them up again)

-Hot Dogs/Burgers one night (perhaps sunday night? easy, fast, good to drink excessivly with)

-Grits, collard greens, turnip pie, Country fried everything w/gravy, bisciuts with gravy, cornbread, etc. While in Rome do as the Romans do!

Mornings can be cereal/toast/OJ/coffee. For those who haven't been, we like to get an early start and not be weighed down.

I don't mind cookin most every night.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Good Idea's Clay & Keith.. I liked the steak last year!! Maybe we can buy the steak ahead of time and marinate them over night in garlic and terriaki sauce... Mmmmm That with baked potatoes and a taste beah... definately will not be touching the beast beer.....

Maybe we should all take turns cooking. Breakfast will be to each his own unless a few people agree on the same stuff to share, lunches will definately in the air depending on where we are and what we find..

Keith your right about one day off the bike, I am sure we will need a break at some point. We had that day chosen for us last year due to rain , and went to see the Matrix reloaded in Franklin. I was tearin up Wayah road in the Explorer!! Weeeeeee...

I think most of us have Natick/Framingham as a central point to meet. hope thats not too bad for you Keith... Take 128 to the pike west exit 13. Probably take you 45 minutes with traffic...

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Ok deal. Desmond Omalleys it is. I'll be there rond 7:00pm

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

If we go up Wayah road again in a car, I'll be pimpin the Saab with anyone who wants in. Nice Pilot Sport tires and sport suspension should make it fun before we go careening off into a raveen.

I'll be at Desmond's a bit early. I get outta work at 5:00 and will be there probably by 6:00 after a bit'o'shoppin.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Calyton nice job on that menu! I think we need to add some BBQ chicken to it though. That seemed to be pretty easy and we can work with it when we hit the grocery. Me growning up in the south knows how to make that sausage gravy really good!

Thursday at 7 for me works.

I just got back from AAA and they gave me all kinds of maps (yes Mike, I said maps) and some damn huge book about North & South Carolina as well as Georgia.

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by skiierx
    Calyton nice job on that menu! I think we need to add some BBQ chicken to it though. That seemed to be pretty easy and we can work with it when we hit the grocery. Me growning up in the south knows how to make that sausage gravy really good!

Thursday at 7 for me works.

I just got back from AAA and they gave me all kinds of maps (yes Mike, I said maps) and some damn huge book about North & South Carolina as well as Georgia.

Jamie

Map?

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by wastedincome420
    Map?
    Joke for Mike. I never carry a map when I ride, I just go and try to get lost.

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

This date is going in the record books, Jamie having a map. I'll believe it when I see it....

I will probably get to Desmonds a bit early as well, I should be there about 6:30.

I am having bike issues right now, I am a little peaved. I have never had any luck with bikes around the time of this trip.. Why is that, is someone trying to keep me from going every year?
    So the minor issue is I have a short somewhere and do not have a left rear Directional/brake right side directional/brake works fine. The big issue is an exhaust leak. I ordered the gasket to fix it, but the bolt on the clamp at that connection is rusted and stripped when I went to remove it.. What should I do to get it off?? It is in a real tight spot to get at to make things worse.. I really want this fixed before we go, the bike is way too loud.... It gave me a headache riding this past saturday..

So Wasted. are you joining?

www.tailofthedragon.com

Re: (Half Squid)

Mike,

I would start by checking your connections around the undertail. Just look for anything that may be pinched or shorted to ground. Exhaust leak will be a little tougher. You got ear plugs?

Bruce

Lifer

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Damn guys... have a good time.

Even $850 to rent that house for a whole week is a steal. If I get another bike next year I'll go again for sure... it is a great trip!

Ben

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Squid get a dremel in there and cut the bolt in the middle and you'll be minted out.

Your elctrical??? Dunno man get yourself a cheap test light so you can test.

You know Garage KB is always open. Bring her on up and we'll mint her out.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Why is it parts are never in stock??? I have new exhuast clamps/bolts and gaskets on order. I was told they will be in Monday. Then I 'll be back in good shape with that.. I will take a looky at the light situation over the weekend, and possibly put on some after market flush mounts, and get rid of the intergrated set up.. If I can figure all the wiring out??? KB you any good with electrical/wiring??

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Why is it parts are never in stock??? I have new exhuast clamps/bolts and gaskets on order. I was told they will be in Monday. Then I 'll be back in good shape with that.. I will take a looky at the light situation over the weekend, and possibly put on some after market flush mounts, and get rid of the intergrated set up.. If I can figure all the wiring out??? KB you any good with electrical/wiring??

I hear ya man I'm STILL waiting for front brake pads for my bike....I finally got it back together and running....Just finished up carb sync'ing and wiring up some new LP rear blinkers.(my other ones just couldnt be seen)....
    I was hoping to have new plastic on and the frame polished up but atleast its running good for deals

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by Half Squid

Oh, KB knows electrical!!! Don't let him tell you otherwise

Jamie