Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

04 Deals Gap trip in May

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I agree. Let's load up Friday. If you can get the trailer over with your explorer then let's do that. Load up. Then you go home and coem back in the AM with the nice-e-nice ride on saturday at 6:00am. We hop in. Get coffee, gas, and some dirty books and hit the road.

I also say let's each get out own bed. Or at least a double bed room and a cot or something.

Is it friday yet for eff sake?

Mike, you driving the first leg? If you are then Jamie I say we party hard till 6:00am load up time. Then we sleep in the truck till Mike is ready for one of us to drive. By then we'll be 1/2 way there!!!!

KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Yeah, if you could get reserve me and jon a room that would be cool. Single is fine, as we both got blow up matresses. CHEAP!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2020 BMW R1250GS Adventure Exclusive
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    I agree. Let's load up Friday. If you can get the trailer over with your explorer then let's do that. Load up. Then you go home and coem back in the AM with the nice-e-nice ride on saturday at 6:00am. We hop in. Get coffee, gas, and some dirty books and hit the road.

I also say let's each get out own bed. Or at least a double bed room and a cot or something.

Is it friday yet for eff sake?

Mike, you driving the first leg? If you are then Jamie I say we party hard till 6:00am load up time. Then we sleep in the truck till Mike is ready for one of us to drive. By then we'll be 1/2 way there!!!!

KB
    SOunds like a plan then! I will look into rooms tonight and get that shit hooked up for us! It feels like Friday to me, I think the week is going to go that way.

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I agree. Let's load up Friday. If you can get the trailer over with your explorer then let's do that. Load up.

KB
    I will take the first shift, thats fine, but good luck trying to sleep with the musack going!
    One way or another I will get the trailer to Jamie's Friday. I will only be working 1/2 day so I can get organized and go get the truck early. Then maybe a few once we are done packing the trailer. Bring soft ties if you have them !

Anyone know were to buy a tire repair kit with plugs and a CO2 cartidge like Gary has?? I think it would be wise to carry one kit, as well as duck tape, zip ties, and a few small tools. Maybe a small set of vice grips/plyers. I have my bike tool kit as well as small adjustable wrence/plyers/ small led light and a multi tool with srew drivers and knives. What else should we carry while riding?? (Rain gear is a given!) It always rains sometime during our rides there, but not for long periods..

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

you know I always carry a compressor, some tools duct tape/zip ties & tire plug kit in my saddlebags. but it's good for more than one person to have such stuff, we may not all ride togeather all week

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I'm heading to Bettencourts after work and possibly over to Brockton Cycles, If anyone needs anything from there call me... Leaving work now!

My exhuast parts came in!!!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Anyone know were to buy a tire repair kit with plugs and a CO2 cartidge like Gary has?? I think it would be wise to carry one kit, as well as duck tape, zip ties, and a few small tools. Maybe a small set of vice grips/plyers. I have my bike tool kit as well as small adjustable wrence/plyers/ small led light and a multi tool with srew drivers and knives. What else should we carry while riding?? (Rain gear is a given!) It always rains sometime during our rides there, but not for long periods..
    That repair kit works great. My plug is still in and is holding up. The tires almost worn out too. As far as what else to bring if you are gonna have a camera on your bike get a couple of walmart bags or the gorocery bags. If it rains you put it over the cam and tie a knot on the bottom. I use 2 bags for double protection to keep the camera from getting wet.

Bruce

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I'm heading to Bettencourts after work and possibly over to Brockton Cycles, If anyone needs anything from there call me... Leaving work now!

My exhuast parts came in!!!
    For the tire repair kit you can try Walmart or someplace like that. As for the CO2 cartridge, a bicycle store would be the quickest place to grab, however I think I might be able to get my hands on one (I will check tonight). Great idea on the bags Bruce, I will have to save some from the grocery trip.

Things seem to be coming together nicely.

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Ok Kewl I am in great shape now!
    As for the RC, I have all the parts to fix the exhuast, so thats my deal tomorrow, Plus put in my new HRC pads might as well get more work on the R1 leaving it 99% done tommorrow too!! Only leaving some paint touch ups!! First things first... The RC !!

I also bought the plug kit, not bothering with the CO2 cartridge seeing Randy always has the compressor on hand! I have duck tape, zip ties, tire gauge, two disposable camera's, and a can of Honda spray cleaner for fast bike cleaning! I will gather bike cleaning supplies like bucket, soap, sponge. I am bringing extra oil & filter, Chain lube, Motorcycle Jumper cables, WD40, brake fluid, anti freeze coolant, and what ever else is already in the trailer thats related!

Jamie; if you can get your hands on a CO2 cartridge that would be great, but no biggy if we dont have it, just dont seperate from Randy!!! Or get to a gas station quick for an air pump..

Wooohooo I am so pumped!!!! Come on Saturday!

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I'm getting pumped too, but not as much as I will be when I get my bike back, hopefully feeling new compared to the 92k that's on it

you know, thinking about it, out of the 92k on the bike, I think close to 1k is on the dragon. over the past 5 years, I have probably made close to 50 passes each way thru

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by RandyO
    I'm getting pumped too,

you know, thinking about it, out of the 92k on the bike, I think close to 1k is on the dragon. over the past 5 years, I have probably made close to 50 passes each way thru
    I thought we all did about 50 passes last year alone!!!

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Ok Kewl I am in great shape now!
    As for the RC, I have all the parts to fix the exhuast, so thats my deal tomorrow, Plus put in my new HRC pads might as well get more work on the R1 leaving it 99% done tommorrow too!! Only leaving some paint touch ups!! First things first... The RC !!

I also bought the plug kit, not bothering with the CO2 cartridge seeing Randy always has the compressor on hand! I have duck tape, zip ties, tire gauge, two disposable camera's, and a can of Honda spray cleaner for fast bike cleaning! I will gather bike cleaning supplies like bucket, soap, sponge. I am bringing extra oil & filter, Chain lube, Motorcycle Jumper cables, WD40, brake fluid, anti freeze coolant, and what ever else is already in the trailer thats related!

Jamie; if you can get your hands on a CO2 cartridge that would be great, but no biggy if we dont have it, just dont seperate from Randy!!! Or get to a gas station quick for an air pump..

Wooohooo I am so pumped!!!! Come on Saturday!

Great news on grabbing the parts for the bike, now get it done! Just kiddin!

Here is what I plan on bringing; all the supplies for changing oil (filter and R4), wd40, brake fluid, honda pollish, flash light, zip ties, digital camera, dvd camcorder (hopefully tank mount too), rear seat, tank bag, rain suit, chain wax, bike cover, 2 pair of gloves and spare set of tires. I think that is all I am bringing (except clothes and riding apparrel).

I will check on the CO2 cartridges tomorrow

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

we will be bringing a swing arm stand.... I could possibly bring my bike lift but I wasn't planning on it.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I am bringing an LP fully universal Rear stand, so all can use it. I wouldn't bother with the lift Randy, hopefully we will not need it.

Anyone have a Handy fornt stand? My front stand will only fit my bike, so I was not planning on bringing it.

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I am bringing an LP fully universal Rear stand, so all can use it. I wouldn't bother with the lift Randy, hopefully we will not need it.

Anyone have a Handy fornt stand? My front stand will only fit my bike, so I was not planning on bringing it.

KB, grab your front stand!!

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

You know how I roll. I always have a plug kit on me. You can find air almost anywhere really. Some guys house, gas station, where ever.

I will bring my Handy front stand. As long as someone has a spare front and rear I don't think it's necessary for all of to bring a spare set of tires.

Oil change? What's that. LOL

I'll be ready to go thursday night.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I am bringing my second rear rim/tire, but probably will not need it. There are two shops down there if we really need to get anything done. Might be able to get a discount at one seeing he works with the owners of the house we rent. I think he gave us 10% off last year?

I hope it doesn't rain tonight so I can work on the bike...

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Try not to end up like this guy!

Yup.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Why oh why did you post that... Thats an RC51 and there are three of them on this trip.. No jinkses......THERE WILL BE NO CRASHES ON THIS TRIP..... ARG......

I have seen that pic a few times before. Very sad to see....

I read last night that Killboy went down hard over the past weekend on his 954. Broke his collarbone and wrist I think. There are pictures on www.killboy.com there is a link " I crashed" So I think his partner will be taking the pics on the weekends..

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I hope this forcast changes... Looks like we will see some rain for the first few days. We always see forcasts like this but always manage to find the clearings and stay dry most days! If it rains North, we head south and such! Unless it's a downpour I'll be riding....

Here is a local weather link.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/p...her&traveler=1

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I like rain. It leads to mass comsumption of and and then hopefully not .

Is it friday yet?

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Why oh why did you post that... Thats an RC51 and there are three of them on this trip.. No jinkses......THERE WILL BE NO CRASHES ON THIS TRIP..... ARG......

I have seen that pic a few times before. Very sad to see....

I read last night that Killboy went down hard over the past weekend on his 954. Broke his collarbone and wrist I think. There are pictures on www.killboy.com there is a link " I crashed" So I think his partner will be taking the pics on the weekends..
    OK, you are not reading things too closely are you? It happened last Wednesday and he rides an F4i. Those picks make it look like he went in to hot with the motards!

Now about the weather forcast, at least it doesn't appear to be washouts but there is sme showers in the forcast. Oh well, that is what rain gear is for, and as you said last week, you usually see a shower dailey. After all it is the land of the thunderstorm!

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I like rain. It leads to mass comsumption of and and then hopefully not .

Is it friday yet?

It is Friday in someones life!!! But speaking of the , you seemed to have a session of that last weekend, the real question is, are you a lightweight ?

Just messin with ya KB or shall I say Chuck

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

You son of a biatch...........

Effing 5 margarittas and Jalepeno poppers and crying for Mylanta on the ride hom had to give you some incling what was in store for me when I got home. Oh man that was awful.

You made me drink them!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

You son of a biatch...........

Effing 5 margarittas and Jalepeno poppers and crying for Mylanta on the ride hom had to give you some incling what was in store for me when I got home. Oh man that was awful.

You made me drink them!!

KB
    It seems lately that I have had the drinking affect on quite a few people. Oh boy is there a pattern developing? I think so and summer is here, so let it continue!!!!

Jamie