Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

04 Deals Gap trip in May

04 Deals Gap trip in May

You are a drunk!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I just read that mile 10 (Southbound) on the Cherohola has bit another 2 riders this past weekend. It seems this turn ruins a lot of peoples days. I think I am going to watch for this one.

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Here's a few events going on. Not sure if it's good or bad?

May 14-16 R6Messagenet.com 2004 Ride at Deals Gap
    May 14-17 First Annual ZX6R Dragon Run for more information
    May 15-16, Annual Kawasaki Triples Worldwide Deal's Gap Meet
    May 16-22. ZX-12R and Zx-10R Riders

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

When I see mile marker 10 comin up, I'm just gunna reach out and grab onto Randy. He was breakin all sorts of laws of physics last year when he lead through the Cherohala on our way back to the house, so I figure it'll be a safe bet to hold on and close my eyes around that turn.

Jon got riding boots today and he's pickin his bike up on Thursday with brand new Pilot Sports. Lookin like we're headin out close to 6:00AM and takin turns nappin all the way down to Bristol.

Jamie, you end up getting those reservations?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by TheIglu
    When I see mile marker 10 comin up, I'm just gunna reach out and grab onto Randy. He was breakin all sorts of laws of physics last year when he lead through the Cherohala on our way back to the house, so I figure it'll be a safe bet to hold on and close my eyes around that turn.

Jon got riding boots today and he's pickin his bike up on Thursday with brand new Pilot Sports. Lookin like we're headin out close to 6:00AM and takin turns nappin all the way down to Bristol.

Jamie, you end up getting those reservations?
    OK, thus far it looks like Econo Lodge is the best at $51.29 per room + tax (that is with AAA discount). I found one cheaper but the person I spoke to probably could even tell me what day it is (stupid as owl shit). So let me know if you guys want me to book this, we can get a cot from them when we get down there. This hotel happens to be in Bristol, VA, on the border of TN.

Jamie

Last edited by skiierx; 05-11-04 at 03:34 PM.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

dammit i want in!!!

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I'm curious as to if it's anybody else's first time heading to Deals Gap??
    I know that atleast a few of you (Halfsquid, Iglu, Randy) have been going for years but was wondering bout everone else as it'll be MY first time slaying the Dragon

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

04 Deals Gap trip in May

the one to watch out for is that first downhill righthander headed west after you cross the Tennesee line. in a thundershower with water and gravel strewn across the road.

to me the parkways(BRP, Cherohala,Foothills) are predictable, the road are engineered and there are no real surprises in the corners unlike the dragon, where there are no real straights, going from a increasing radius turn into a decreasing radius reverse off camber curve into a compound turn, then reverse then up a set of switchbacks to a series of reverse curves and then repeat in 30 different orders over the next 11 miles.

My FaVORITE rOAD NC Rt 281 .... I wonder paved it yet

Please Everybody... this place can bite when least expected

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

04 Deals Gap trip in May

I am agrivated right now.. I went to do what should be an easy fix is turning into a pain in the ass. I have to take the whole exhuast off to replace this one gasket and clamp.... Looks like I'll be at it again tomorrow after work....

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Jamie, I'll take one room if you are bookin. Me and Jon will crash there. If you want me to reserve myself, that's cool too, just let me know which Econo-Lodge it is. Thanks!

Got the oil changed in the Saab tonight. Didn't get much else done, but should be able to take care of everything else tomorrow night.

Got my Corbin in tonight and took a little ride on it. Don't know if I like it yet....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

My back will be JUNK if I sleep on a Cot. Jamie if it comes down to me sleeping on a cot I would prefer a room to myself which I will pay for.

This is my first time on the dragon. I am pretty excited and pumped to be a part of this group this year. It's nice when you go with people that have been going for years that can show you the way. All the hot spots and scenic vista's as we call then.

I'm going to start packing tonight.

Can any of you Veterans put together an absolute must bring list and maybe a list of comfort items.

Thanks,
    KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Must Have's:

Raingear
    Cleaner for face shield
    Bottles for water to bring on rides
    Engine oil
    Chain wax
    Camera
    Hot and cold weather riding gear
    Bungee net to keep gear on bike in case of warm/cold weather

non-ride related:

bathing suit
    towels for shower/hot tub
    extra blanket(they have very minimal blankets at the house)

Can't think of much else right now....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Must Have's:

Raingear
    Cleaner for face shield
    Ahh Yes, this was a must have last year. Lots of bugs down south and the shield gets covered with bugs during the day! I am going to stop by Ocean State Job Lot at lunch and see If I can pick up a small spray bottle for cleaner to keep in my tank bag!
    That and a rag will keep me in good shape!

The days will start off chilly and youll probably have a sweatshirt on to start but will end up tossing it in the tank bag by 11.

2 pairs of gloves ( light gloves for hot weather, and water proof for the rain)
    Clear and smoked shields, or sunglasses.
    bug spray for times at the house if you want to hang outside.
    Earplugs. 5 V-Twins out of 7 bikes = loud !!

Bring 1 or 2 towels like Clayton said, the house supplies some, but not enough unless you reuse every day.
    Your own pillow, the ones at the house are very soft, and not enough pillows if you use more than one.

Thats all i can think of right now..

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

hotel

I will go ahead and book it right now and don't worry about the cot (KB you whiner), I will take it if I have too. Clayton, I will go ahead and reserve yours at the same time.

I am going to start and assemble my stuff tonight, thanks to Mike and Clayton for the lists of items needed!

Jamie

PS, bad news on the DVD camcorder, can't get it!

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Earplugs. 5 V-Twins out of 7 bikes = loud !!

.... wasted's V4 with a yosh isn't any quieter

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Do we have any camcorder to use? I really was hopin someone would catch my gimpish riding through the Gap.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Do we have any camcorder to use? I really was hopin someone would catch my gimpish riding through the Gap.
    Mark & I are bringing one if we can find new batteries that last more than 4 minutes.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Bruce also has one but he will only be there for the last weekend. I might have to go buy one with a good return policy! I am thinking about it now. I just do not have a need for it other than this.

Hotel is booked (Clayton, see pm I sent ya if you want more info on the reservation shoot me off your email)

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Day and a half of work left for me!

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by skiierx
    Day and a half of work left for me!

Jamie
    Day & 1/2 for me as well !

I finished fixing the RC and I am ready to rock baby!!! Wooohooo..
    I was soo stressed out all dy long thinking that I would never get that fixed in time. I had many issues, but today I got home and dug right in after work, and everything came together nicely, even had time to take a test ride to try my new sounding exhuast and the new HRC pads.. Dam those stop fast... Plus I finished in time to eat fast and go to my Hockey game!! Now I just need a few a good nights sleep and I'll be in awesome shape!! Deals Gap here I come...

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Trailer is done! Got the wiring finished and the new trailer ball put on the car. Taped down the wiring and bolted on the license plate. Oiled the spring mounts and checked the freshly rebuilt bearings. Should be all set to go come Friday with one possible snag. I threw larger tires and wheels on it to help it better cope with the highway speeds, so they are sitting closer to the fenders. Friday night when me and Jon get the bikes loaded up, if they are going to rub with both bikes on, we're gunna fabricate up some fender mount extensions "Orange County Chopper"style. It'll keep us up a bit late on Friday, but if it needs to get done then so be it. Plus we'll be able to get all pissy and full of drama when there doesn't need to be any.....

Still gotta find a new sledgehammer to convince the rail sides to become wider, but I don't think it will be a problem. If needs be, I'll "persuade" them by using a ball joint wedge.

Both bikes still need oil changes which will get done friday night as well.

Sorry I missed your call Mike, I was outside fumbling with wiring.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

OK, some good news and some already known news. I still have not gotten a camcorder as of yet. Thanks to sevensgt for allowing me to borrow his tank mount for a camera (it will work with my digital camera as well) and another friend has lent me a helmet camera (absolutely sweet). Now we just need to find a small camcorder.

Maybe Bruce will leave his for us!!!!!!!Hint Hint and you know we are good for it!!!! Pretty please Bruce!!!!!

Jamie

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by skiierx
    OK, some good news and some already known news. I still have not gotten a camcorder as of yet. Thanks to sevensgt for allowing me to borrow his tank mount for a camera (it will work with my digital camera as well) and another friend has lent me a helmet camera (absolutely sweet). Now we just need to find a small camcorder.

Maybe Bruce will leave his for us!!!!!!!Hint Hint and you know we are good for it!!!! Pretty please Bruce!!!!!

Jamie
    OK as I stand I have a camcorder (Not digi. but uses the small tapes) which I still need to get a new battery for. BUT I dont have a camera mount I figure if needed I will just strap it to my tank bag and call it good....
    I'm really hoping to get some footage of MYSELF so that I can analize it in hopes of better performence......
    Some how some way we will end up with some video

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

04 Deals Gap trip in May

SAAAAAAWEEEETTTTTTTTAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I am frikin excited. New brakes on the Hawk tonight. Chain adjust tire pressure check.

Start packing.

I'm ready.

Half you mentioned ther is enough room for my 50 and the aircompressor that I have in your trailer. I'll get it all over to Jamies Firday night.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by rmbbikes

Half you mentioned ther is enough room for my 50 and the aircompressor that I have in your trailer. I'll get it all over to Jamies Firday night.

KB
    The trailer is going to be packed tight, so I say leave the air compressor and 50 home. I am not sure how big the air compressor is? If it's not that big, then go ahead, but with three bikes and ALL Our gear it,s going to be a very full trailer... Unless you want to load your bike in the back of the pick up and open room in the trailer?? Not much will be going in the bed of the truck. There is no tanno cover, and no cap, so it's open. I will probably strap in my rear stand and what ever else that will not be harmed in any rain. I will bring a 30' cable and lock so what ever we do load in the bed can be locked up.. I may go buy a few extra tie down straps to tie stuff in the bed as well just in case we need them. The truck is a extended cab with a large rear seat, but there will not be room very much in back. We will want the room for comfort! Only things I'll have in the cab is my directions, Atlas and CD's..

www.tailofthedragon.com