Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

04 Deals Gap trip in May

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Well we are here and hit the Gap a few times, it was still wet from some rain so it was a slow pace, but good to be here! Should be a good week of riding! I'm lovin it !!!!! Everyone made it safe, even met up with mycirus for dinner before he headed back to Virginia Beach for work. See you Thursday right Bruce??? We have 2 video camera's for video and a few digital camera's for pics, so keep an eye out for those!

Ride reports to follow on a new posting, watch for them and be jealous!

Mike.. Forgot to sign Clayton out.. Ooops... Fuggit....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

re

Well, got back last night at 1230. It was 8 hours of hell. I will try and get down Thurs night. I may be able to pull something, who knows.

Bruce

Update, Day 2

Good day of riding with only one mishap. Quick trip to the welding shop to get a footpeg bracket welded made everything good again. Women are sooooo hot down here......

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Thats all the update we get? We need more than that.

Bruce

Banned

04 Deals Gap trip in May

We need more reports.

Do you guys not realise that we are living vicariously through you?

Keep the shiny side up guys (I mean that). Wish I was there.

degs

04 Deals Gap trip in May

a buddy of mine was down there last week and had a blast. from what he said the tard was the hot set up for the dragon. he brought a tard and a sportbike.

i'll see if i can get him to do a ride report.

jim

"Molon labe"

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by Degsy
    We need more reports.

Do you guys not realise that we are living vicariously through you?

Keep the shiny side up guys (I mean that). Wish I was there.

degs
    while everybody else was at welding shop in Franklin, mark & I headed back to the house via 28 to Bryson city rather than Wyah Road , it rained, the highwat crews hd been doing roadside maintenance of the limited shoulders, grading the edges. WET RED CLAY SUCKS.. even so, its still AWESOME here

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Re: Update, Day 2

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Good day of riding with only one mishap. Quick trip to the welding shop to get a footpeg bracket welded made everything good again. Women are sooooo hot down here......
    Remind KB of that over and over and over again. Drill it in his and tell him that I told him that a looooong time ago.

Oh, and I hate all you bastards! I want to be there too.

Yup.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

These are the worst roads that I have ever been on in my life. The turns are so tight, some of them off camber leading into a crazy schicane. Then sometimes you'll never even see another car.

I am having a great time. I love these roads.

We are having a little bragging rights competition. I bought a white grease pen and have written on the chicken strips (well what's left of them) little sayings like "I ride like a girl" "I am a pussy" "My skirt is pink" "I love cock"

So far it's pretty close. Everyone is using all of the tire. All in all a great time.

I rode an SV650 down here and I am in love. I will not be on the Hawk next year. Way too much bike for these roads.

Jenn_B If your reading this I love you and I miss you.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by rmbbikes

Jenn_B If your reading this I love you and I miss you.

KB
    Awww, that's nice baby. I love you and miss you too!

04 Deals Gap trip in May

some of us got to slay the dragon after dark in a thundershower

RandyO
    IBA#9560

RIDE REPORT Tuesday

LOOOONG ride. Left at about 9:30. Got back at about 9:30.

Got some SWEET video. Definitly was on the edge of the ZRX's tires. Have about 15 solid minutes of me rippin through the twisties gettin close to droppin a knee. Kudo's to rmbikes for keepin up with the camera. Now I know what it feels like to reach out and drag my hand across the pavement while leaned over at 60mph

These OEM tires from 2001 are a bit dry to stick good though. No more flat spot!!

RAIN. IT SUCKS.

12+ hours of riding, more than half in the wet. Not the most enjoyable time, but I'll take that over a day of work anytime.

Got a wave and smile by a few very nice lookin natives. We're doin our best to hoot and hollar at everything that somewhat resembles a good lookin woman.

Gunna take it easy today, maybe ride the Cherahola Skyway and the Gap a few times. Plannin on putting the Saab to good use tomorrow. I'm gunna drive (I can rip that thing through corners as Jon found out) and someone is gunna stand through the sunroof and videotape whoever on the bike in front of us goin through the Dragon. Should be interesting!

We'll make it a point to post up some pics and video when we get back.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Note to self, when loaning out video camera dont read what the people borrowing it are doing with it.......LOL. Sounds like you are having fun guys, See you friday night.

Bruce

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Dont worry Bruce your Camcorder is being taken well care of. We got all the mudd out of it last night and it's still running fine. J/K of coarse!!!

Had a good easy day yesterday. We had to recover from the long night prior dealing with rain and trying to ride home in the dark, we all got back very late and slept in come morning. But today is an early start and plan to take advantage of the nice weather today. Probably hit the Cherohala, Rt 360, over to Rt 73 down 129 prior to the gap, up the Foothills parkway back to 73 eventually looping back to rt 28 and to the Dragon for a few runs.
    I had 2 good runs on the Dragon yesterday, once on Video with good results!

Yesterday we rode 129 south to 19N down to Wayah road and did some exploring off Wayah for more twisty's. We found one real twisty road, but the condition of the paved road was horendous, so half way back myself, skiierx,rmbikes coast raced. That was pretty fun! We proceeded after our extersion back to Wayah road and eventually back to the Gap for a few runs. We all got back to the house and had a great Dinner Steak potatoes, & corn on the cob and of coarse a few

Man.. a few locals went flyin in the opposite direction on the gap yesterday. Damn the were movin.. The guy leading has the current record throu the Dragon of 9 Minutes 45 Seconds (Cheating Corners) he's doing this on a 600RR. Thats freakin crazy....

More to come....

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

CBR900RR up in smoke

A CBR900RR Crashed on the Cherohala and ened up blowing up, read here for detals and pics!
    http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Edit... I aint the iglu..... Doh....

H.S.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Thumbs up 04 Deals Gap trip in May

Ahhh, were back after another day of sweet ass riding.. We stayed local and pretty much just hit the Dragon all day and shot the shit with a bunch of other riders, when the time came to head back we took the long route on the nice section of rt 28 from the start of the Dragon. I think most of us had 6 runs throu. Man I cant believe how tired after one run you are, my legs were sore from getting off the saddle the whole way flopping from one side of the bike to the other. After each run everyone had to take about a 20 or 30 minute breather before turning back again! Myself and Skiierx (Jamie) helped pull a gixxer out of a ditch that went off about 10 seconds before we came up on him. Looked like hit came into a corner to hot and locked up the front, ended up sliding across the other lane and into an embankment. I'm pretty sure it's totaled. Too bad he just got here today with a bunch of others from Canada, eh... He was ok after the crash, the leathers and helmet took all the brunt. Helmet is junk, leathers are just broken in more! Thats why we were them! Also heard about a tractor trailor that ran two bikers over about 11:30 this morning. Not sure how they are or the bikes? I hope they are ok.

Sounds like everyone here is definately returning next year. We already have the second week of May booked. Anyone else interested needs to confirm with us so we can reserve the second house as well. The second house is now the play house that has foozeball, billiards and ping pong tables, as well as a hot tub. We can always fill up both houses and get a drastic discount! The cheap trip can get cheaper!! Sweet!!

Might be heading down to Georgia tommorrow were the roads are increadible. If we do we'll probably log on over 400 miles for the day.

www.tailofthedragon.com

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Well that fuckin' rocks! I really should do this next year. Maybe just an extended weekend or something. Hmm...

Yup.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Originally posted by Half Squid
    , nice section of rt 28 from the start of the Dragon. I think most of us had 6 runs throu. Man I cant believe how tired after one run you are, my legs were sore from getting off the saddle the whole way flopping from one side of the bike to the other. After each run everyone had to take about a 20 or 30 minute breather

I made 9 or 10 runs, and on most of them didn't stop at the overlook. I went thru a full tank of gas and had to fill up at Crossroads to get back to the house..

now ... a sweet ride in northern georgia scheduled to begin in about an hour and a half. forcast.. 78° sunny with thunderstorms developing in the evening

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Lifer

04 Deals Gap trip in May

More canadians crashing in the gap right after they arrive?

Some things never change!

Ben

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Sounds like you guys are having a good time and doing it right... Have fun with Squidly ( Bruce) Ride Safe and see ya maybe next week-end...

Todays Ride Report

Ask me if I give a shit what anybody thinks, I'm gonna post ROUTES we got a mid morning start west on NC 143 to the Cherohala Skyway to Teleco Plains, Tennesee south on TN 85 to coppertown TN then South on GA 60 to Blue Ridge, GA. we ate lunch . radar detctors sounded a bit, then continuing south on GA 60 to Suches, then east on GA 180 to GA 348 toGA 357, to Helen, GA, then north on GA 75 to Hiawassee, west on 76 yo GA 69 to Hayesville, NC west on 339 to 66 to 64 west then 129 back to Robbins ville we went up to the dragon and slayed it a couple times before dark.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Well I found the best time to rip throu the Dragon. It's right before dusk, there is no sun glare and no shadows, plus everyone is off eating dinner or drinking beers! 1 Full run up and back on the Dragon after 300 miles down to GA and back.. I am ready for the Hot tub !!
    Randy, nice routes you planned out. Thanks... Great Roads.

I will have to get the story tomorrow, but the Dragon bit another rider today, I saw new skid marks that went off into trees at the edge of a cliff that were not there yesturday. Also heard a guy went off right after they went by us on rt 60 in GA. Another R6 off the street. I am not sure what happened to him, but we saw three ruscue volenteers a sheriff and an ambulance head back that way. I hope everyone is ok after those crashes...

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Re: CBR900RR up in smoke

Originally posted by Half Squid
    A CBR900RR Crashed on the Cherohala and ened up blowing up, read here for detals and pics!
    http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247
    here is an account from the sv website by one of the members. It was one of his friends he was riding with

http://forum.svrider.com/phpbb/viewt...a367d2a61e2002

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

04 Deals Gap trip in May

Got home last night around 10:30.

You can book me for the next 80+ years for this trip. Perhaps my sister will be getting married this time every year

The nut to hold my swingarm on is on order. After that, Pilot sports, rear stand and Dynojet Stage 1 kit.

Will someone please take Jamie to class while I'm away? Keith?

My dad is thinkin about comin down in August. I'm definitly comin down again if I can this year.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR