Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

MAY 28th Ride then Cookout!!

June 2nd is my 21st birthday so I hope not to be able to move on the 3rd, but either the 3rd or 4th I will be heading up to the lakes region to ride with my friend who just got an 'awesome' new shadow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Just Registered

Originally posted by HBerry
    June 2nd is my 21st birthday so I hope not to be able to move on the 3rd,
    sounds like you picked a shitty day to move, no?

I wish I showed up. In rides like this I always wear full gear. How can someone laugh at ppl wearing good riding gear? What a fuckin loser! How about a dude with full leathers and scraped up pucks and shit.

I always took to the impression " Holy shit this guy must know how to ride " Not what a fuckin loser it's 90 out.

My take on riding in gear.. you can read in my sig.
    "I would rather sweat than bleed."
    Dress for the crash not the ride.....

Or as our wonderfull NESR Slogan.
    It's not how fast you rise, it's how you ride fast.
    One meaning of that is not riding like a SQUID....

Originally posted by bump909
    no offense to anyone, but i'm surprised the NESR regulars that attended didn't see this coming. too many "unknowns" in an instance like this.
    I did.. I bailed because there were too many unknowns.
    Thanks for getting the FYI for me guys.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leebo
    [B]
    no offense to anyone, but i'm surprised the NESR regulars that attended didn't see this coming. too many "unknowns" in an instance like this.

That is one reason a lot of people will not post group rides. THey will PM a small list and set it up...
    Lee
    DING !!! You win !!!!

I have a small list just from reading this thread..
    A will ride with, a will not ride with. Lee is on the will ride list!
    MikeB, Ducrappy, Oreopunk, OXX, somestrangeguy, bump909, odduc, and a few others but "you" know who you are...
    Somestrangness, I hear your on the street again??

I already have a bunch of riding buds that we secretly plan rides! Shhh don't tell anyone!

So this upcomming Saturday huh??? Hmm the bad seeds are exempt? If so then I could be perswaded to give this a try.
    Maybe my "list can be expanded a little. The Capt seems like a possible lister!

Tim, Mike, Oxx. Chris (SSTRGY) Nice comments. I back all of it 100%

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

someone said something about reading a sticky at the top of this area.. i know swan did.. beacuse he posted in it.. but in all the mumbo jumbo in there not once does it say to dress properly. maybe because we all know it and its implied but it should be in there.

it just didnt work with 2 different groups from different ends of the spectrum (NESR and PC connection (i think)). no biggie... just as long as everyone knows.. you can bring your friends, just long as you inform them on the "rules" implied and expressed.

looking forward to another one. gotta put more miles on the new toy

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I go on rides with NESR-ers .............ones I choose to ride with and have like riding styles, morals, ideas, and ethics. Yes I have morals and ethics believe it or not.

I prefer not to ride with "new" riders if you will just for the fact that it's not my game or style. I like Halfsquid have a list of folks that all have the same ideas about what a group ride should be like. These are the folks I ride with and like to ride with. I'm always up for meeting new folks to ride with, and it usually only takes one ride to decide if I will ever ride with them again or not.

That being said the group rides here can be very cool and rewarding for a new rider looking for some tips,pointers and some experience. On these large groups rides it best to break off into groups based on levels and pick a meeting spot, split up and meet there for a break or lunch or what not. Most of us have been riding long ebough round here that you know right up front that these LARGE group rides are going to be a crap shoot.

I look forward to meeting some of the new NESR folks this year.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

I'm too slow for Squiddy and Jay. :

I will even admit I was *somewhat* in over my head on some, but not most of those corners on roller coaster road trying to keep your pace, and thats why you had to wait those 10-15 seconds at the stop signs for me.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

That was not even close to our "spirited" rides!
    You rode well, kept your own pace, dressed right. Unlike I was that night (only missing leather pants, wearing jeans)

You are wlecome in my group Jeff.

Originally posted by JeffL
    I'm too slow for Squiddy and Jay. :

I will even admit I was *somewhat* in over my head on some, but not most of those corners on roller coaster road trying to keep your pace, and thats why you had to wait those 10-15 seconds at the stop signs for me.

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Muchos Gracias Senor.

I gotta get out east for some rides, I'm getting bored with all these roads out west here.

Ok, thats a lie.

You calling me old, youngin.... Why I outta..

www.tailofthedragon.com

I'm sorry, me no habla the espanol, I meant Amigo.

Dont feel bad, I've ridden with MUCH older.

I pretty much feel young at most of the rides I choose to go on, even at the ripe young age of 23.

I'm sorry, me no habla the espanol, I meant Amigo.

Dont feel bad, I've ridden with MUCH older.
    You've ridden with oldtimer???

www.tailofthedragon.com

Originally posted by Half Squid
    You've ridden with oldtimer???
    Nope, a local 50-something on his Busa'.

Nope, a local 50-something on his Busa'.
    Oh Maaaaatt, Come out come out where ever you are...

Nope he rides a blingin RC51 too! He's one of those "Cool" kids ! Or Cool Old Kid....

www.tailofthedragon.com

if your going on a "sport" ride wear gear, if you trekking to laconia during bike week, or hampton beach some evening, posin, shorts & sneakers for the guys, and sandals & g strings for the gals is appropriate.

I was thinkin of showing up at the ride, but what turned me off was the meeting spot

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Originally posted by RandyO
    I was thinkin of showing up at the ride, but what turned me off was the meeting spot
    what was wrong with the meeting spot?

02 R1
    06 WRX STi Sold
    01 RC51-STOLEN
    03 XR400 R(TARD) - Sold

Holy fucking long thread Batman!

Mike is a full squid (not half). I would never ride with him or any other RC51 rider especially in Southern VT, Eastern NY, and Western MA after breaking off from 70 other riders.

Way too many uses of "No Offence." Intarweb feelings heal pretty quickly so say what you mean and mean what you say!

Had I been there, and not witnessed the attitude, I probably would have given them a chance. Most of the time I ride in the rear so I can keep an eye on everyone. If some fuckstick gets clever I'll be able to see it and peel off if necessary.

I've shoveled too many friends and a few strangers off the road after accidents. Fortunately non of them died but one was very close. One is still getting skin grafts and he crashed nearly 7 years ago. In all but one case, proper gear would have turned the ambulance ride into a tow truck ride.

To add to the stereotype of gearless riders, the vast majority of accidents I have seen (as in close to 85%) involved riders without gear or inadequate gear. On the whole, the people I've seen that have dropped the coin on a good 1 or 2 piece suit and then make a habit of wearing it tend to be responsible riders that you don't have to worry about.

P.S. One way to filter out most of the squids from a ride is to make it start before 9 a.m. Personally I like to tell people I'm leaving the meeting point at 7 a.m. sharp and you would be amazed at how many that can weed out.

P.P.S. It hurts to upshift wearing flip flops.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

That was not even close to our "spirited" rides!
    You rode well, kept your own pace, dressed right. Unlike I was that night (only missing leather pants, wearing jeans)

You are wlecome in my group Jeff.
    ah "spirited" rides, a time gone by.
    good times!

btw:full gear is just the beginning.

how about a really good first aid kit,set up for a bike accident inc a sam splint.

jim

"Molon labe"

Originally posted by SmokennFasTT
    what was wrong with the meeting spot?

too late in day, nowhere near any good riding

it doesn't bother me how far away, I have no problem getting up at 6am and riding 2 hours to a meeting spot at a greasy spoon cafe to begin a ride about 9:30

just can't see riding to Nashua @11am, then ride out of nashua to good twisties,

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Originally posted by ZX-12R
    Holy fucking long thread Batman!

Mike is a full squid (not half). I would never ride with him or any other RC51 rider especially in Southern VT, Eastern NY, and Western MA after breaking off from 70 other riders.

Way too many uses of "No Offence." Intarweb feelings heal pretty quickly so say what you mean and mean what you say!

Had I been there, and not witnessed the attitude, I probably would have given them a chance. Most of the time I ride in the rear so I can keep an eye on everyone. If some fuckstick gets clever I'll be able to see it and peel off if necessary.

I've shoveled too many friends and a few strangers off the road after accidents. Fortunately non of them died but one was very close. One is still getting skin grafts and he crashed nearly 7 years ago. In all but one case, proper gear would have turned the ambulance ride into a tow truck ride.

To add to the stereotype of gearless riders, the vast majority of accidents I have seen (as in close to 85%) involved riders without gear or inadequate gear. On the whole, the people I've seen that have dropped the coin on a good 1 or 2 piece suit and then make a habit of wearing it tend to be responsible riders that you don't have to worry about.

P.S. One way to filter out most of the squids from a ride is to make it start before 9 a.m. Personally I like to tell people I'm leaving the meeting point at 7 a.m. sharp and you would be amazed at how many that can weed out.

Ditto on all of the above.. That 1/2 squily is wreckless. Hey wait I resamble that remark.. .

Mmm those were some nice roads out west!!! I didn't mind getting home at 10:30 PM! Thanks for helping me load the truck that night!

7 & 8 am starts most definately weed out the young and stupid, only the hardcore riders get out to the good twisties by 9AM and ride till 10PM logging in 500 miles ! Lets do it this SUNDAY!!!
    Shhh don't tell anyone else ok?

www.tailofthedragon.com

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

I love to ride early, too. After Sunday's ride, I decided to do it again and went back on Monday morning to do the same route, I left my house at 7:00am...it was awsome, cool air, no traffic, etc. The problem is, if I was gonna organize a ride that early, nobody would show up. I love to sleep too in the morning, but if you're talking about riding? I will get up and move my butt to be there. People are way too lazy these days...

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

I wish I showed up. In rides like this I always wear full gear. How can someone laugh at ppl wearing good riding gear? What a fuckin loser! How about a dude with full leathers and scraped up pucks and shit.

I always took to the impression " Holy shit this guy must know how to ride " Not what a fuckin loser it's 90 out.

My take on riding in gear.. you can read in my sig.
    "I would rather sweat than bleed."
    Dress for the crash not the ride.....

Or as our wonderfull NESR Slogan.
    It's not how fast you rise, it's how you ride fast.
    One meaning of that is not riding like a SQUID....

I did.. I bailed because there were too many unknowns.
    Thanks for getting the FYI for me guys.

DING !!! You win !!!!

I have a small list just from reading this thread..
    A will ride with, a will not ride with. Lee is on the will ride list!
    MikeB, Ducrappy, Oreopunk, OXX, somestrangeguy, bump909, odduc, and a few others but "you" know who you are...
    Somestrangness, I hear your on the street again??

I already have a bunch of riding buds that we secretly plan rides! Shhh don't tell anyone!

So this upcomming Saturday huh??? Hmm the bad seeds are exempt? If so then I could be perswaded to give this a try.
    Maybe my "list can be expanded a little. The Capt seems like a possible lister!

Tim, Mike, Oxx. Chris (SSTRGY) Nice comments. I back all of it 100%
    Thanks for the compliment of being a possible lister.

Anyway all in all we have learned that if you come to ride with us, then plan for the ride and wear gear, if show up without it, then you will probably be asked not to take part.

Had a great time at bike night last night, met a couple new faces,
    Reiobard and mazdgrl, good folk.
    I'm sure we'll all have a great ride next time! And will be looking forward to it!

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

Might as well be

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

no offense, bill, but you suck.

yes, very good time last night! Nice to some more people. Chilly ride home but I enjoyed every minute of it!!

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

no offense, bill, but you suck.
    No offense taken! I just hate to think where that puts you though!

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909