Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

6/10 @ Moto Market

6/10 @ Moto Market

Plan to depart around 9:30.

Heading north west hitting 119West to 123 in NH and working my way into VT to hit a bunch of nice roads. The loop I have planned will bring me back by Keene on rt9 East then continue to the western Portion of 119 returning close to home.

No squids types. I will be in full leathers planning to enjoy a spirited pace without attention drawn from idiots.

Mike

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

6/10 @ Moto Market

You'd be better off riding by yourself. A "Spirited Pace" in itself will be unwanted attention. "Mr Duke". LOL.

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

6/10 @ Moto Market

No squids types. I will be in full leathers planning to enjoy a spirited pace without attention drawn from idiots.
    Well...this is exactly the kind of ride I would like to join.

Unfortunately I came accross this too late. Today is my 35th wedding anniversary and I already made other promises which I shall keep! We should definately plan to ride together!

Maybe you can join up at one of the Seacoast rides???

Have fun...

...ala "The Pace"!

Dave

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

I Dance With Will

6/10 @ Moto Market

Quote Originally Posted by stevecbr900rr View Post
    You'd be better off riding by yourself. A "Spirited Pace" in itself will be unwanted attention. "Mr Duke". LOL.
    full leather.

just posing with it is unwanted attention.

"fuckit!"

6/10 @ Moto Market

Have not left home yet. Looking more like 10AM.

Anyone looking to ride or what?
    I may just be hitting Southern NH as of now.

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

6/10 @ Moto Market

how long are you going to be out for? I have to be back home by 1:30 so I can get ready for work

'22 Aprilia rs660
    '18 Aprilia Tuono Factory

If you look down, you go down. That may be fun at an orgy, but it sucks on a bike

6/10 @ Moto Market

I would come Mike but after yesterdays dirty ride my ass is soar, I banged up my left knee and I cant move my left arm because I pulled it somehow when the bars got jerked on me in a deep puddle. Maybe next week. I want to check out your new ride.

Bruce

Posting Freak

6/10 @ Moto Market

Damn, you'll be coming right through my neck of the woods.
    I may try and get out, still pretty wet up here at the moment

6/10 @ Moto Market

Myself and Brad headed out into Southern NH and then cut over into VT, and had a hard time finding straight roads to drag race down. There were so many twists yesterday I think we both got dizzy! Too bad we couldn't share the fun!

Bruce, next weekend I am away, the following weekend we should get "Our Clan" together for a full day in VT! I'll see about setting something up. I have two more to add to our good riding members group!

Mike

www.tailofthedragon.com

6/10 @ Moto Market

"Good riding members group" "Your clan"...why don't you keep your nose in the air and start your own forum.

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

6/10 @ Moto Market

before you judge someone why don't you open your eyes. Maybe look in the mirror, I have a feeling you will not like what you see.

I have been a member here since the site started and have made many friends and found many people who I enjoy riding with.

As of lately I have heard and seen things on group rides I will not put up with. I am not going to get ticketed because one idiot does something stupid and gets a whole group in trouble. So I put it up front what I am looking for as far as the type of riders I will join in a day of twisties.

If it doesn't suit you then revert to the old mothers saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your mouth shut." Seems fitting about now.

"Good riding members group" "Your clan"...why don't you keep your nose in the air and start your own forum.

www.tailofthedragon.com

6/10 @ Moto Market

Man, what's up with this? HalfSquid can arrange a ride however he wants.
    He's not making anyone ride his way. You can just click next if you dont like it.

6/10 @ Moto Market

now, now... c'mon. Halfsquid I don't think steve meant anything by it. I've ridden with him many times and think he'd work just fine riding with you. As I think I would too. Although I'm sure I'm not as quick. Lets face it, we're all here for the same reason. To get some thrills from the street. Hopefully I'll have the chance to ride with ya sometime. I try to obey the group rules the best I can, as do most riders. The tickets that were given out weren't for stunting or stupid unsafe riding. We just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And as far the the dude that stacked...well I'm not sure he was ready to be riding with at our "spirited pace". So, before you judge anyone maybe you should be giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

08 Ape RSV1000R
    09 Ram 1500 Black Big Horn
    10 Mini Cooper S sleeper (hers)

6/10 @ Moto Market

Halfsquid, if I were you I would be suspicious about the type of ridings with these recent group ride incidents, I sure don't like to get pulled over.

However, since I was part of that ride and I basically saw what had happened,
    * Tickets -- we were passing 2 slow moving vehicles on a long straight, as soon as the 1st guy started to pass, a cop pull out on the left side. I was luckily stuck behind the slow car because of on coming traffic. 6 out of 21 riders got tickets. They were speeding tickets, no wheelies nor stoppies were pulled.
    * Lowside -- a rider went down because of target fixation, again there were no stunts.
    * As far as I remember there were 2 sets of wheelies and 1 stoppie during the 10 hr ride, they all happened in long straight and no incidents.

I'll let you be the judge on that.

You do have the right to ride with only people you feel safe with, most of us think the same. But, I do see how other feel when there is a US only message being published in a public forum. Maybe we (I) felt left out.

But I can assure you most of us newer members follow rules and are no squids.

Carlton
    My facebook

6/10 @ Moto Market

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    Bruce, next weekend I am away, the following weekend we should get "Our Clan" together for a full day in VT! I'll see about setting something up. I have two more to add to our good riding members group!

Mike
    Although I know exactly what you mean, I gotta admit that this would have been a better PM than a public post.

6/10 @ Moto Market

As of lately I have heard and seen things on group rides I will not put up with. I am not going to get ticketed because one idiot does something stupid and gets a whole group in trouble. So I put it up front what I am looking for as far as the type of riders I will join in a day of twisties.
    I guess I'm not surprised that the sort of incidents you are referring to happen. The percentage of assholes in any given population is a constant and given the size of this group there's gonna be a few! (My initial 'intro' post told me that much!!!)

I think the real point of your post is probably twofold:

• you want to avoid riding with the FEW 'swipes'
    • a smaller, more intimate group, is more to your liking than a large, testosterone driven group

Hope I wasn't putting words in your mouth but I am of exactly the same mind! I wish I was in your clan...can provide references if needed!!!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

6/10 @ Moto Market

Dave you will fit into the clan just fine and I know Mike means nothing by it. He has seen some stupid things and wants to avoid them, thats all. I'm just happy I am on the in side of things and not getting left out...YES!!!

Bruce

6/10 @ Moto Market

before you judge someone why don't you open your eyes. Maybe look in the mirror, I have a feeling you will not like what you see.

I have been a member here since the site started and have made many friends and found many people who I enjoy riding with.

If it doesn't suit you then revert to the old mothers saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your mouth shut." Seems fitting about now.
    relax guys...he's talking about me

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

6/10 @ Moto Market

The simple fact of the matter is some people are not worth riding with and your odds of finding them are a lot better on a large group ride. It's no fun to be on a ride and have to babysit other attendees or worse yet, shovel them off the pavement.

1/2Skwid doesn't just ride with his small group either. A couple of seasons ago he organized a ride that ended up having nearly 80 people show up which turned out to be a fantastic day of riding. I seem to recall getting up at 6:00 a.m. and not getting home until 11:30 p.m. with over 600 miles on the clock.

It's also not hard to get into the clan or similar riding groups. Pretty much the only requirement is to not ride like an asshole. If you keep your eyes open, there are plenty of opportunities to win favor from the people I consider "good riders."

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

6/10 @ Moto Market

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    relax guys...he's talking about me
    I knew it, I knew it!

Damn stunna.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I Dance With Will

6/10 @ Moto Market

i think the only squid here is Bosshog.

Steve, we can form our own clan.

Last edited by Kham; 06-12-07 at 08:30 AM.
    "fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

6/10 @ Moto Market

oh and about this

"I am not going to get ticketed because one idiot does something stupid and gets a whole group in trouble. "

it's usually the lead guy who gets whole group in trouble. fuckin cop goes for the lead guy and whoever follow.

"fuckit!"

6/10 @ Moto Market

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    oh and about this

"....it's usually the lead guy who gets whole group in trouble. fuckin cop goes for the lead guy and whoever follow.
    Actually, its more often someone behind trying to catch up to the lead guy. (Rubber band effect!)

It's the lead guy who sets the tone however. I still think 'The Pace' is the right mind set for group sport rides.

...just an opinion. not to be confused with facts...

Dave

Muhammad Ali.

I Dance With Will

6/10 @ Moto Market

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Actually, its more often someone behind trying to catch up to the lead guy. (Rubber band effect!)

It's the lead guy who sets the tone however. I still think 'The Pace' is the right mind set for group sport rides.

...just an opinion. not to be confused with facts...

Dave
    comon think about it. how do you stop a whole group? from the back or from front? last time i didn't even know the guy from back got stopped so i kept going.

"fuckit!"

6/10 @ Moto Market

My judging came from exactly what you wrote. "My Clan" "Good riding group". Maybe you "should keep your mouth shut" Mr have something nice to say. I don't give a shit how long you've been on this forum. You could have posted it in a nicer way. It just amazes me how quick everyone in this forum is so quick to judge other riders. When you say "Good riding group" people in here are going to question that. No one has ever done that before or at least its a first that i've seen. I have a feeling your mirror has broken a long time ago and looking at it is no longer useful.

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast