Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

7/7 Tomorrow, Quick ride to Adirondacks

Late notice, anybody up for a jaunt to the Adirondacks,

I will be leaving home(Farmington, NH) about 7:00am then slab it to exit 3 on 89, from there take some twisties to Crown Point Bridge make a short loop across the lake and return

I could adjust my departure time to meet anyone enroute, it'll be a long day

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Ride Report

Awesome ride, I overslept, got a little later start than expected, about 8:00am, took the usual route to VT, RT 140, Rt 11, I89 to exit 3, then Rt 107 to Blackmore Blvd to Rt 100. very little traffic, what there was was going in the opposite direction. I took Rt 17 over Appalachia Gap to the Crown Point Bridge

Once in New York, I headed north on Rt 22 to Port Henry then west on Essex County Rt 4 to Witherbee where I picked up Essex County Rt 6, my destination, sweet road, frost heaves have left it a bit rough in spots but still not as bad as roads get here in NH. Not as nice as it was the last time I was on it 2 years ago.

At the west end of Rt 6, I took RT 9 south about 10 miles and picked up Essex County Rt 4 and headed back east, they were resurfacing the first 6 miles with oil & peastone so I couldn't ride that section to its potential, lotsa loose stone, this road is almost as twisty as Rt 6. From Rt 4, then Essex county Rt 42 back to Port Henry, then I retraced my route back to Bristol, VT, instead of stickin with Rt 17, I took Lincoln Gap, Nice road thru Lincoln village then a couple miles of gravel road till it gets real steep then its paved again, on the downhill side towards Warren, there is new pavement but only the steep downhill before it turns to gravel again for a couple miles, then back to pavement down to Rt 100, from there I retraced my route back home, a small traffic jam (about a mile & half creeping)on I89 near the interchange with I91, not because of interchange traffic, but just before you get to it, there is some bridge repairs going on and only 1 lane was open for about a quarter mile.

Back home by 5:30pm, 450 miles for the day.

Next time I make that trip, I'm lookin at exploring Essex County Rt 2, my Delorme Atlas leads me to beleive that it should be everybit as good as Rts 6 & 4 but longer

RandyO
    IBA#9560

9 1/2 hrs.
    450 miles.
    Just a quick trip.
    Randy you rock!! I'd ride with you, but only if you could stay away from the loose stuff. The only thing I like loose is my women!! (Ha ha ha hohoho Heh heh heh)

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Talking wtf if u leave at 7 i got 2 go at 4

Originally posted by Jankster
    9 1/2 hrs.
    450 miles.
    Just a quick trip.
    Randy you rock!! I'd ride with you, but only if you could stay away from the loose stuff. The only thing I like loose is my women!! (Ha ha ha hohoho Heh heh heh)
    hope u fuckin guys know how lucky u r fucks i hate the city what the fuck r u riding anyways fuckin 9-1/2 hours u hard ass mother fucker

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Talking 53 mph

u da man randy fuel stops piss stops sore ass stops food stops. do u eat piss or get sore ass ?

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

I prolly never went over 75 all day, stopped for breakfast at McD's and gas only. one thing about riding on the dirt, yer ass don't get sore standing on the pegs.

I know plenty of ways to avoid gravel if someone else came along, but why, gravel is fun, heck I don't even have my dirt tires mounted, just regular street tires.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Thumbs up 7/7 Tomorrow, Quick ride to Adirondacks

Upstate NY county routes rule! I've poked around a lot in Columbia & Dutchess counties and there are some really fun roads in there. Never saw a smooth paved corner posted for 10mph anywhere else!

When you're doing the Essex 2 run, Randy, post and if I'm lucky I'll be able to hook up. The Ninja's not scared of a little dirt.

Will do Paul, I'd actually like to make it all the way out to Illion Gorge (Rt 51 near Utica), but that a hike for a day trip

RandyO
    IBA#9560