Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AHRMA Barber Vintage Festival - Anyone else going?

AHRMA Barber Vintage Festival - Anyone else going?

I'm planning on taking the RSV1000R down and possible the RS250 if I get it running in time. Anyone else in the New England area heading down?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Older I Get,
    The Faster I Was...

Re: AHRMA Barber Vintage Festival - Anyone else going?

I will be there! I will be racing my Honda CB350 and shaking down the bike for my Phillip Island trip in January! Barber is always an awesome time! I normally pit on the lower level near pit in/pit out.

You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Hey K - Forget about the PI trip... too jealous... Looks like Kolb and Constantino are not going to make it to Barber so I'll be down there solo. Might try to squeeze in with Jamie and crew but who knows. See you down there!!

The Older I Get,
    The Faster I Was...

I don't like this news I am hearing about those guys not going. I plan on working on them! A little over a month......cannot come soon enough!

You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Myself, Dave Kump & Tim O'Connor qualified for Barber by racing with AHRMA at NJMP in August. Kumpy is getting married in December, so he is probably out. Not sure about Tim at this point, though he even suggested skipping October LRRS event to do Barber instead. Hmmm, I seem to remember bike# 125 passing me entering Turn 1 at Thunderbolt in Sunday's Formula 1 race, just about pushing me off the track... Dude, you were flying there!

Still hoping that Barber is going to happen for me. Great track and would love to go back there with TZ250 & SV650 SuperBike!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieman14 View Post
    Myself, Dave Kump & Tim O'Connor qualified for Barber by racing with AHRMA at NJMP in August. Kumpy is getting married in December, so he is probably out. Not sure about Tim at this point, though he even suggested skipping October LRRS event to do Barber instead. Hmmm, I seem to remember bike# 125 passing me entering Turn 1 at Thunderbolt in Sunday's Formula 1 race, just about pushing me off the track... Dude, you were flying there!

Still hoping that Barber is going to happen for me. Great track and would love to go back there with TZ250 & SV650 SuperBike!
    LOL - Yeah, that bike (KWS RSV1000R) is pretty sweet. Hope it was a clean pass. I'd never launched it (or any other big twin) before and it didn't really occur to me until I was rolling up to the start line for the F1 race LOL. Needless to say I was dead last at the start and was doing some hard charging to catch up Got to have a nice battle with Roper for a lap which I never get to do on modern bikes.

Sounds like we might have a solid NE contingent possibly going My TZ is done for the season, needs some work but hope to have the RS250 there along with the RSV, a regular Aprilia-fest Lets keep the thread going, see who's going to make it, etc.

The Older I Get,
    The Faster I Was...

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I don't like this news I am hearing about those guys not going. I plan on working on them! A little over a month......cannot come soon enough!
    I think Scott is definitely out as he's just back form Bonneville (with another new record BTW). Got an email from Chris today. Sounds like he wants to go, just trying to swing the expense, etc.

The Older I Get,
    The Faster I Was...

I sent a shout out to Chris shortly after the NJ round. It seemed like he might've already had a spot for a ride down to Barber, after I offered to pick him up on my way through NYC. Already requested vacation time off from October 9 - 15, hoping to leave CT on Tuesday afternoon/evening to get there for Thursday practice. Would like to tour the Barber museum sometime on either Friday or Monday & still try to get back home by Tuesday PM or Wednesday AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieman14 View Post
    I sent a shout out to Chris shortly after the NJ round. It seemed like he might've already had a spot for a ride down to Barber, after I offered to pick him up on my way through NYC. Already requested vacation time off from October 9 - 15, hoping to leave CT on Tuesday afternoon/evening to get there for Thursday practice. Would like to tour the Barber museum sometime on either Friday or Monday & still try to get back home by Tuesday PM or Wednesday AM.
    Looks like Chris has a ride for his bike and might be coming down with me as a passenger. I love seeing that bike he built run so hope he can pull it off....

The Older I Get,
    The Faster I Was...

Update - Chris sounds like he is out. I'm still ontrack....

The Older I Get,
    The Faster I Was...

I'm most likely out also...