Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any interest?

Any interest?

I fear that I might be getting a bit mello in my "old age"
    But was wondering if there is any interest out there for this coming season to do some more 2up friendly rides.
    We all scrape pegs now and again , pass on the double yellows etc, ya know all the stuff that is kewl to us but prolly scares the crap out of the passenger.

So anyway is there any interest in doing come group riding that is roughly 15 mph over the limit as opposed to like tripple the posted speed?

Ever since I got the dirt bike I found myself "pushing it" in the woods and going mello on the street, just wondering if I had any interested company out there?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Any interest?

I have no problem doing two up.. makes for a nice change once in a while.. some scenery.. lunch somewhere then leasurely ride home.

yeah i hope 2 get her ridin this year

hopes 2 have a hell of a year

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Any interest?

you must be psychic, Sean... just talking to the g/f last nite about logging more 2-up miles this season. she's eager to ride more... and (for reasons I can't understand) wants to meet some of you lot this year...

Last edited by bemused; 02-07-03 at 08:54 AM.
    WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Any interest?

We usually do ride two up.

But neither of us like to waste any time.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

Any interest?

Count me in!

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

hell i would go alone

been at this for a while i love riding . just as long as its not crazzy, i can folow, i can lead,i just love ridin,i will even ride with cruisers . cause im ridin. love the sights. josh, danny,& chip. sean i met ya but we din't talk . jeff i might have met ya . but if your riding let me know im in. CAUSE i LOVE 2 ride . shit ive even gone 2 block island & rented mopeds. even had 1 years ago . still love 2 ride my bicycle . so if ya don't mind ridin with a old git beet . we can meet up & ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p. s. im slow so wait for me on the straits

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Any interest?

Beth and I would love to go... just name the time and place and we are there!

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

Any interest?

yeah, I think beet brought this up earlier, but it's quite likely that I'd be up for stuff like that. I love to cruise 2 up, but I don't like to push it when there's more than my own personal well-being at stake. Plus, it scares the shit of most of the girls who ride with me

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Unhappy Any interest?

Can't do any 2up but if yall don't mind I'll show up. The wifey is a little, I mean alot hesitant since both I and her brother almost died only a year apart So if I can then I'll show up bymeself, I just wanna ride that's all

Any interest?

That's ok Sevens I'm sure Racya will ride bitch for ya LOL.. if not I'm sure he'll let ya use his blow up doll...

Ok so now we just have to get a few destinations.. Newport? Cape Cod? Or someplace with better roads to get there.... anyone know a nice luncheon spot up in the mountains somewhere? NH? Vt?

Any interest?

So anyway is there any interest in doing come group riding that is roughly 15 mph over the limit as opposed to like tripple the posted speed

Sean, I think you will find a lot of interest in this type of ride, maybe even a bit slower like posted speed or only 5-10 over.

I would even be willing to lead rides at this pace.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Any interest?

Admittedly I'ved shyed away from group rides because of the speeds... I don't care how people ride... do whatever makes ya smile... personally though I don't care to take a lot of the chances of blistering pace on the street... hence why I'm going to try my hand at racing....

So I wouldn't be 2-up... cause my wife has her own bike... but I'd love to catch up with you guys for a pleasantly paced ride!

Mike

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Any interest?

Sean, Christine and I always ride 15 max over the posted speed limit you right since the Dirtbike I take out my speed demons there and at trackdays. ***Warning*** I do wheelies down every straight I see they are boring If you dont...ya know!

I have no problem leading rides that are more of a mellow pace, I dont want to lead people on high speed chases.

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Any interest?

I'm in, as long as its not a work day (Weds-Sat). Won't have any Vacation time left after taking the kids to Disney.

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

Any interest?

Hey Sevens, you can ride bitch with me as long as ya wear your new boots, but no reach arounds during the twisties.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

Any interest?

Originally posted by need4speed
    Hey Sevens, no reach arounds during the twisties.

Fuck it then it ain't worth it

You want pants in boots or out

Any interest?

Originally posted by VinceF2
    Admittedly I'ved shyed away from group rides because of the speeds... I don't care how people ride... do whatever makes ya smile... personally though I don't care to take a lot of the chances of blistering pace on the street... hence why I'm going to try my hand at racing....

So I wouldn't be 2-up... cause my wife has her own bike... but I'd love to catch up with you guys for a pleasantly paced ride!

Mike
    well i got 2 say i don't like slab races at 160. yep done it but no moe. im just going 2 do like i feel traffic +10. back roads i can go ether way but know my limits .

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules

Any interest?

" i can go ether way but know my limits ."

Beet I had no idea

But anyway. What I am talking about is back roads very rarely do we do highway, perhaps for a couple of exits just as a connector for 2 back roads.
    What I want to shy away from is the 130 - 140 mph on the back country roads . Passing 3 cars at a time on a double yellow ,
    While yeh it has been fun and there is definately a thrill factor to it, I can get that kinda of fun on a dirtbike in the woods.

Don't get me wrong, passing cars is still somewhat necessary to maintain the pace it just won't be at tripple digit speeds just to be able to "get" that next corner.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

thats why i like the old beast girl

shit you know how it is when your riding down roads ya never been on, with some crazzy fuck leading. but i can ride my bike all day. thats what ive allways like bout big mooasakis street more then rep. racer . real nice 2 up sean

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules

Thumbs up I already do 2 up lotsatimes

If you've ridden with me more than a coupla times, you know my son Brian is a common sight on the back of my bike. Warning: Highly political, but I've been known to go over the posted speed limit even with him. No stunting, but Smooooth corner speed when there's good sight lines and clean pavement. Only those who have ridden with me actually know how I ride 2-up.

I'm definitely game for 2-up riding with you Sean, if you accept that how I ride is OK. Whaddya say?

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Any interest?

Well the plain and simple truth is that Leah prefers to ride her dirtbike than her street bike, thats why we are getting ride of it. Which leaves her to be tha passenger on my bike. She doesn't like to be doing insain speeds on the street especially since she has no control being the passenger.
    The fact that she is a great passenger and I actually like spending time with her is the biggest reason for wanting to slow it down a bit so she will want to do more riding with me.

So to answer your question Ken. No I don't have any problem riding with you , just know this, that my 2 up riding will be quite a bit more mellow than it was on the zx7R.
    see you on the road soon........

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Yessir

Mick and his Tiger are going to surprise the sh*t out of a LOT of sportbike riders who think they're da bomb on a bike.

I rode that bike in stock form up in Vermont. A little awkward at first being upright and high on the throne it is, but once I got a feel for it, I realized that his bike is got something no sportbike does: Torque!

It has torque in the motor, from 2500 to redline a straight line on the charts. And, it has torque at the bars. What I mean is the wide bars have such leverage at the grips that throwing the bike trailie around in tight stuff is just TOO MUCH FUN! Just hafta try one for a half-hour or so to be convinced. Without question, the best kept secret in motorcycles. He's taking care of the too-soft suspenders, and is putting on forged wheels and sport rubber. Once that's done....watch out! I won't even be able to keep him in sight, it so effortless to ride the twisties FAST.

Yeah, Mick & I have very similar riding styles, and it's great fun to ride together. He's seen me ride with my son, and knows how I am careful, yet swift (in the corners.) I've only dragged pegs with him aboard twice, and only because I was taking familiar corners with more weight and forgot to compensate the lower ride height. No danger, just a little sccrraping sound.

We'll ride together often this year, and hopefully, Sean & Leah will become part of the "elite" Triumph group I started up.

Last edited by SprintPoser; 02-08-03 at 07:43 PM.
    2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Any interest?

We're all over this too! We've been talking about this very thing. Now that the little one's got a coupla years on her, it's so much easier for us to get out together. Cheryl was real bummed these last coupla summers that WE didn't get to ride much together. We fully plan to change that this year...

Good idea!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Any interest?

Originally posted by GadgettR1
    That's ok Sevens I'm sure Racya will ride bitch for ya LOL.. if not I'm sure he'll let ya use his blow up doll...
    I'm game for it. Come on Chip when Seven's told you about the blow up doll was under the most confidentiality....

Rui
    2000CBR 600F4
    Yellow /Black
    Micron exhaust
    www.ruifrias.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast