Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

App Gap status?

App Gap status?

Anybody been up to the gap in the past week or so? How's it looking?

Last time I was up there ( couple weeks ago ) there were a few turns that were pretty messy....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '05 SV650 ( Blue )

Re: App Gap status?

the one corner, on your way up from Bristol. You pass by Gore RD near the farm? heading up and over towards waitsfield. The first sharp right hander has a pile of wash across the road, it was like that the last few times I had been through...a week later still there.

Also there seems to have been a vehicle leaking diesel in random spots here and there. You'll see it. Of course, it leaked in the turns. Its not fresh, has been there awhile but you sure can see it.

Other than that, aside from the bumps and junk, it's the same ol same ol.

They recently painted lines on the western side which is nice, now I have a better guide making those turns. The worst part is just after the end of Huntington road, as you start going up from the western side, at the base on the first hard right it is LOADED with gravel. Did the Gap Sunday morning and there was litter mixed in with the gravel too, really nice. That seems to be the worst part.

You should come to bike night sometime! Haven't seen you since RiRas when the idea of Donny's bike nights was started. Check out the photos and videos in my signature line to see how it's been going.

The idea was started BEFORE Ri Ra's

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Thanks guys, that's basically what I remembered, I was hoping the situation had improved a little...

I'll probably try to hit up Bike Night once or twice more before the end of the season.

'05 SV650 ( Blue )

I didn't notice any significant gravel in the road on the E->W line today on my way up to Donny's, although I was expecting some in one or more of the corners coming back towards Bristol (as there had been more than a little there several of the last times I went through). There was a VTrans truck pulled over just below the auto repair place on the Bristol side, so perhaps they actually did clean things up a bit (I did notice what looked like swept remnants near the fog lines, but nothing from the middle of the travel lane to the yellow).