Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

April 3rd SATURDAY open season ride..(rescheduled March 28th ride)

Re: April 3rd SATURDAY open season ride..(rescheduled March 28th ride)

The video was taken down because of the "know it all" cry baby that would have "never" gone on this ride..... But im sure if you PM Monster 636 then he will be more than happy to show you

<3 BB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I have no issues with the way ppl ride.. I wasn't knowingly starting a pissing contest. BUT I do know that I certainly wouldn't promote it as a NESR ride. I don't give a shit what you do or how you ride.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Quote Originally Posted by Body Bagz View Post
    The video was taken down because of the "know it all" cry baby that would have "never" gone on this ride..... But im sure if you PM Monster 636 then he will be more than happy to show you

<3 BB
    I haven't seen the video. Not all that interested. Sounds like you all had a good time...and were maybe a little lucky. Who knows...

But I have to agree that labling that a NESR ride was probably not a good idea. Why not put all the persons names and addresses too???

Not trying to stir the nest but BB, you ought to chill and tone it back. You are sounding like a douche and I don't really think you are...

...my 2 cents...!

(BTW...if it's a 'penny for your thoughts', but you have to 'put your 2 cents in', someones making a penny!)

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

<3 BB
    Most people don't care about how you ride and most of us all do dumb shit, but branding it with NESR can bring unwanted attention to the site and other members that weren't on that ride regardless of reason. Do you think that's so unreasonable?

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    I haven't seen the video. Not all that interested. Sounds like you all had a good time...and were maybe a little lucky. Who knows...

But I have to agree that labling that a NESR ride was probably not a good idea. Why not put all the persons names and addresses too???

Not trying to stir the nest but BB, you ought to chill and tone it back. You are sounding like a douche and I don't really think you are...

...my 2 cents...!

(BTW...if it's a 'penny for your thoughts', but you have to 'put your 2 cents in', someones making a penny!)

Im not trying to be a prick to ANYONE.... I didnt make the video, but I was affiliated with it. It just upsets me that people get so mad about a label. Its kind of a demi downer to all of us that were part of a ride. It feels like we are constantly being judged for what we did. The bottom line is no one was hurt, and no moving violations were issued. Why cant anyone just be happy that we had a blast? That should have been the initial reaction as opposed to someone going to straight judgment. Thats all. Sorry for being a prick, but I just had to stand up for myself and all the other NESERIANS that went on this ride.....

<3 BB

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Most people don't care about how you ride and most of us all do dumb shit, but branding it with NESR can bring unwanted attention to the site and other members that weren't on that ride regardless of reason. Do you think that's so unreasonable?
    No I dont, at all. Im just tired of reading posts that people constantly have .02 to put in. I apologize on everyone's behalf for labeling it a NESR ride (although a vast majority of us are part of NESR). We followed NESR rules and there was no "stunting". But I didnt know that posting videos were against the rules as well. The video had nothing wrong with it. Passing on double lines after a rider was waved forward? God forbid we did something worse than that. I wonder what someone would have said for something worse. Not being a prick to you, just trying to get you to see our side as well, as for your argument, I understand and agree and it has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by R1 View Post
    Now Im just lost...???

No I dont, at all. Im just tired of reading posts that people constantly have .02 to put in. I apologize on everyone's behalf for labeling it a NESR ride (although a vast majority of us are part of NESR). We followed NESR rules and there was no "stunting". But I didnt know that posting videos were against the rules as well. The video had nothing wrong with it. Passing on double lines after a rider was waved forward? God forbid we did something worse than that. I wonder what someone would have said for something worse. Not being a prick to you, just trying to get you to see our side as well, as for your argument, I understand and agree and it has been fixed.
    I have no problem with videos, hell I love 'em, ask Keith (he gets mad when I like them). I say take them and post them up all day. No one has a problem with the video the issue is that when it's out over the net anyone can see it and with that can bring unwanted attention either from the public or law enforcement. Sport bikes do not need any help with being hated by the public. People despise us and a lot of time rightfully so. People are dumb and always look for a target for their dumb anger. Putting the website on the video gives them a whole group of people to blame when they get mad at bikes for whatever reason. I have seen forum websites get targeted for illegal street activities and it is just more hassle than it's worth. A news crew would show up at meets and interview people and cut up their answers to make sensational pieces on the 7 o’clock news. Staying off the angry public radar is always a safe bet. The court of public opinion is kinda like talking back to cop when he's wrong, sure you maybe right but it's not worth the hassle cause you'll still lose.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    I have no problem with videos, hell I love 'em, ask Keith (he gets mad when I like them). I say take them and post them up all day. No one has a problem with the video the issue is that when it's out over the net anyone can see it and with that can bring unwanted attention either from the public or law enforcement. Sport bikes do not need any help with being hated by the public. People despise us and a lot of time rightfully so. People are dumb and always look for a target for their dumb anger. Putting the website on the video gives them a whole group of people to blame when they get mad at bikes for whatever reason. I have seen forum websites get targeted for illegal street activities and it is just more hassle than it's worth. A news crew would show up at meets and interview people and cut up their answers to make sensational pieces on the 7 o’clock news. Staying off the angry public radar is always a safe bet. The court of public opinion is kinda like talking back to cop when he's wrong, sure you maybe right but it's not worth the hassle cause you'll still lose.

Last edited by R1; 04-08-10 at 02:54 PM.

Duc is that true about being able to pass double yellows in VT?

I don't care what anybody thinks about my riding style. I had a blast on this ride and i met a whole bunch of cool Nesr peeps. And i would not hesitate to ride with any one of them again. Thanks BB

GSXR750 GS650 Street Tracker

Ok folks for those who have not watched the Video/s they are back online temporarily ,for those who have but do not want to watch again please feel free to turn your computer off as no one is forcing you to watch them .

Live to Ride and Ride to Live

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger157 View Post
    Even if it was t-shirts and jeans, I'd wear ATGATT, you're wearing leather pants,jacket, boots and gloves!

I have to admit, when I first saw the video with the NESR logo on there I was surprised. After a little thought I guess I'm having trouble deciding why it's wrong to advertise NESR in a video. Many of us ride with NESR shirts, bumper stickers, hats, etc. Do we ride differently when we're wearing such swag? If not, we're all advertising NESR and many of the same people complaining are advertising in a similar negative manner.

I'm sure the leader said, "Ride your own ride" and "If you want to leave, please tell the leader or the sweep." Nobody was forced to follow or stay on this ride. Beyond that, even with the behavior captured on video, the fact that they all came home safe beats my record for leading and probably many other frequent leaders. I still give credit for leading that many bikes out and back safely.

Last I checked this was Stoneman's house. Why is anyone here getting bent outta shape about the usage of the NESR logo in a video in the first place?

I've not posted on this thread till now and I know this is Stoneman's house. I did mention the NESR brand on the video in the Collective group. IMO it looks as if the video has a NESR stamp of approval. I love this board and it looked like it was being dragged through the proverbial mud. That way of riding is not consistent with any of the rides I have been on. I was not on this ride and didnt want to be. Watching the video only makes me feel I made the the right decision. I've been on very fast rides and some pretty large rides. But they have been safe and with people I know and trust as the "Collective" represents.
    If the guys on the April 3rd ride had fun and enjoyed it thats great! It looked like most riders were dressed with protective gear. Cheese was right and it's true, they all came home safe and in the end thats whats important.

NESR being on the video which seems to promote houliganism perish the thought! Only the owner of the name New England Street Riders/NESR can give an opinion on. Does Stoneman get any "royalties" WTF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn157 View Post
    I've not posted on this thread till now and I know this is Stoneman's house. I did mention the NESR brand on the video in the Collective group. IMO it looks as if the video has a NESR stamp of approval. I love this board and it looked like it was being dragged through the proverbial mud. That way of riding is not consistent with any of the rides I have been on. I was not on this ride and didnt want to be. Watching the video only makes me feel I made the the right decision. I've been on very fast rides and some pretty large rides. But they have been safe and with people I know and trust as the "Collective" represents.
    If the guys on the April 3rd ride had fun and enjoyed it thats great! It looked like most riders were dressed with protective gear. Cheese was right and it's true, they all came home safe and in the end thats whats important.

NESR being on the video which seems to promote houliganism perish the thought! Only the owner of the name New England Street Riders/NESR can give an opinion on. Does Stoneman get any "royalties" WTF!!
    Truly appreciate your comment/opinion and use the NESR Logo was probably bad judgment on my side .
    Nevertheless keep the comments rolling

Even if it was t-shirts and jeans, I'd wear ATGATT, you're wearing leather pants,jacket, boots and gloves!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

That way of riding is not consistent with any of the rides I have been on.
    I beg to differ on this point. What about Sheldon's ride last year? I remember, at one point, I was running 135 down that 5 mile straightaway and the lead 4 were pulling away from me.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

As I said Chuck I've been on some very fast rides. I don't remember EVER passing other riders at that speed or any other speed unless directed to do so Plus the Stinger "cant" do 135 . Beg all you want your statement has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ćheese View Post
    I have to admit, when I first saw the video with the NESR logo on there I was surprised. After a little thought I guess I'm having trouble deciding why it's wrong to advertise NESR in a video. Many of us ride with NESR shirts, bumper stickers, hats, etc. Do we ride differently when we're wearing such swag? If not, we're all advertising NESR and many of the same people complaining are advertising in a similar negative manner.

I'm sure the leader said, "Ride your own ride" and "If you want to leave, please tell the leader or the sweep." Nobody was forced to follow or stay on this ride. Beyond that, even with the behavior captured on video, the fact that they all came home safe beats my record for leading and probably many other frequent leaders. I still give credit for leading that many bikes out and back safely.
    We all got the lecture from BB .
    Those who were comfortable at the back stayed there and some of us who were comfortable up front did that ,or could have told sweep they were not happy with the pace and be on their way home .
    either way we are all grown up adults here no one forces any one to do what they do not want or are uncomfortable with .

I do respect the NESR POLICY and Logo and that is why you will not/never see NESR on my videos from this pint onwards .
    Now can we just move on to more important things "Bike modifications" "Newburry Pose session ""Chicken strips" the good old stuff

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

As I said Chuck I've been on some very fast rides. I don't remember EVER passing other riders at that speed or any other speed unless directed to do so Plus the Stinger "cant" do 135 . Beg all you want your statement has failed.
    It didn't fail, you said
    That way of riding is not consistent with any of the rides I have been on.
    But it has, at least on that one ride. The lead riders on that ride were passing in double yellows. However, since that was in VT, it was legal.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    I beg to differ on this point. What about Sheldon's ride last year? I remember, at one point, I was running 135 down that 5 mile straightaway and the lead 4 were pulling away from me.
    Damn I missed that ride!

I have no problem with speeding when it is only myself being put into danger.

06 RC46

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    It didn't fail, you said But it has, at least on that one ride. The lead riders on that ride were passing in double yellows. However, since that was in VT, it was legal.
    No Chuck, We didnt pass each other on his ride. How can you have passed if we were all pulling away from you? I'd have to be fuckin nuts to even think of passing someone at that speed double yellow in VT or anywhere else. Its just too dangerous (not consistent). I never said they were passing each other going that fast.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Hmmm....I just watched the video that is currently posted and it looks great to me! Either I missed something completely or this isn't the same video that generated all the drama. And I second Cheeses comment about 29 riders with no incidents speaking for itself. I lead the occaisonal ride and have had my share of offs and citations so any ride that avoids those is a good thing.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Hmmm....I just watched the video that is currently posted and it looks great to me! Either I missed something completely or this isn't the same video that generated all the drama. And I second Cheeses comment about 29 riders with no incidents speaking for itself. I lead the occaisonal ride and have had my share of offs and citations so any ride that avoids those is a good thing.

And with that said... Dave can still lead the occasional ride and shit sometimes happens. What are you going to do?