Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Bike night !

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

Bike night !

I didn't make it.

As I was getting on my bike, Bob Brown (plasticweld) called, he's coming by to look at my Katana for his brother. He's not coming until tonight, so I thought I could swing by and get home quick... until I ran into dead-stop traffic on 95. I turned around and came home.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Bike night !

Well we didnt stick around there too long the cold comming of the water made it that much worse and there were some dark ass clouds heading our way.
    Well it is the begining of the season but I want better weather NOW !!!

Next subject

Lets try this again next Wednesday.
    My goal is too have this meeting spot for Wed. night, as the season gets better I would like to take off from this location 8:00 ish and make a group ride to either another set location or a just a ride.

Ideas for some places to go...

Degs knows of a place in Raynham that one night I would like to go and make a NESR ride night to. It is Christofers a local resturant/bar some pool tables and eats. The owner is a good guy and would love the buisness on a Wed. night.

Any and all ideas would be great!

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Bike night !

Just an opinion for what its worth......
    We were doing "metrowest" rides a couple of years ago after work on the week nights, usually a tue. or a wed night . We were meeting in shoppers world in framingham, and going for a ride usually to an icecream place . The problem was that in order for people to get to the meet spot they had to take heavily traveled roads rt 9 or mass pike to get there during rush hour traffic. Most showed up late or posted that they missed it due to being stuck in traffic . Alot
    of people did it once or twice and as the summer went on the numbers dropped conciderably due to the fact that it just wasn't worth the traffic hassle to hang out for a few hours.

In order for most people to get to the bar on the coast they would have to go on 93 or 95 during the peak of traffic. My suggestion is to find a spot that is easier to get to at that time of day perhaps by secondary roads or atleast not the 2 major roads that lead out of boston in the rush hour. This is the first week of this, and already one person had to turn around due to traffic.

I love the idea of a bike night I think it is a much better thing to do that sit on the couch and watch re runs.
    it just sucks living in such a heavily populated area and trying to break free of the traffic to ride.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Bike night !

Good point and I will look into this. The only prob is peeps comming from a distance away, hmmmmm.
    I am going to break out the map and check out some routes to see what I can come up with. If anyone knows of a posible location I can check into, PM me.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

Bike night !

Yes, it does suck man. I've found that secondary roads can actually take longer than grunting through the traffic, unfortunately. The split between northshore/southshore/and western riders makes things kinda tough too. The southshore guys had a tough time getting to Lowell in traffic. Quincy isn't a bad ride for us NS guys but a midweek Raynham run is tough. Not as far as distance is concerned....just that traffic dictates starting so damn late. I think the Quincy idea serves most pretty well and it would be nice to have a regular spot.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Bike night !

Well the time the ride leaves from Quincy can be changed, say 8:30 leave to ride time and anyone can show up till then. That would mean anyone with an hours worth of travel could leave there house at 7:30 and puch it out

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

Bike night !

Well thats the other thing, You can't expect that everyone is going to be located near the meet spot, its up to them wether or not they want to travel to get there, We are New England street riders, that covers a vast number of miles. So basically set up what ever is convient for he organizer and who ever shows up shows up.

I still do the metro west rides after work leaving from marlborough, a mile from my house I do a twistie loop to an icecream stand, i say hey, " I am going for a ride after work at this time, if you wanna come , fine show up , if not oh well maybe next time, I don't change the time or place. if no one else shows up, I'm still riding, no skin off my back, but usually there is a hand full that shows up. A few times though it was like 20 or so, what a nightmare getting 20 bikes through traffic on the local twisties in the evening on a week night.
    still fun though....

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Bike night !

theothersean, you live in marlboro? My girlfriend lives there, so I'm in town pretty much every night ( ) I'm all for short-hop ice cream rides, especially on warm summer evenings... also, it's nice to do little rides like that where I can carry a passenger, 'cause long and/or agressive rides are no fun 2 up. If you want to do something like that this summer, give me a shout. It would be nice to start something small out west of the city somewhere, 'cause riding all the way around the city to the south shore in traffic isn't something I'm gonna want to do every week...

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Bike night !

I will post it here when I do the after work rides.
    We meet at the shell gas station on rt 20 right off 495 next to the raddison hotel in marlborough . usually meet somewhere around 4:30 - 5pm and are on the road at 5:15 get in some miles before it gets dark and stop usually at a place that has food and icecream so for those that didn't eat dinner, can. Unless we go to kimbals in which case icecream is your dinner.

I'll post when the weather warms up a bit, so check back in august at the rate this year is going.

P.s. where does your girlfriend live

just kidding..............

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Bike night !

I'm definitely in for this one the beach is like 20 miles from my house . . . . . Don't make fun of my savage when I come thumping in . .. . .

Hold on whens the next ride ? Reading through all the post really confused me . . .

Bike night !

It appears Mother Nature does not want us to have a bike night.
    weather.com is saying rain for Wednesday night again.

I Dance With Will

Bike night !

wait! wait! it appears there is no rain for Wednesday night as of now. so are we on?

"fuckit!"

Bike night !

See what tomorow brings..

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

Bike night !

23rd a no show for me, not ridin an hour to hang in the FN cold, next week though

Bike night !

Yea it was freekn cold last Wed..

I'm skipping this Wed. too

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456