Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bike week Laconia

Re: Bike week Laconia

Quote Originally Posted by NeverlosT View Post
    Ill be up in the area on friday to get inspected, maybe ill check out some of the scene or possibly stay over and scope out some races on saturday morning? Are there any then?
    Races proper start about noon. linky

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sorry. Wrong, plenty of practice Saturday . I was looking at Friday. Linky is true. I'm idiot.

Last edited by jasnmar; 06-13-12 at 10:21 PM.

Super-Dooper User ɹǝʍoןandɹǝʍoן's Avatar

I went up last night after work, for the evening with some friends. there were a ton of ppl out! even after it rained all day, the evening was nice. the strip parking was full but we found close spots (10 of us). we all had a good time and knew what to expect of it up there.

I pity the people who say it sucks because they must not know how to make a good time out of the bare essentials...(my 2012 bare essentials: friends, surplus motorcycles, and roads to ride). maybe it is because I am below the typical age of a bike week attendee, or that I can sit in traffic for more than 20 minutes without complaining. I certainly don't think it sucked, especially since I heard on NHPR this morning that the overall attendence and sales are up over 50% from last year, although it rained.

current: 06 zx6r, 03 450exc
    sold: 01 gsxr750, 01 RC51, 96 cr500, 98 superhawk, 00 sv650, 78 cb750, 98 dr350, 74 cb125

A good time isn't "making a good time out of bare essentials" unless a hot girl is involved. So you rode your bike with friends in traffic on roads with a bunch of harleys and especially since nhpr said attendance was up it must be a good time?

A good day on the bike for me is meeting up with the usual suspects and riding 350 miles with a good lunch spot and the occasional scenic viewpoint.

You might think differently if you spent more time in the area during bike with the locals, they are absolutely hated and for good reason.

Ps bike week sucks

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    A good time isn't "making a good time out of bare essentials" unless a hot girl is involved. So you rode your bike with friends in traffic on roads with a bunch of harleys and especially since nhpr said attendance was up it must be a good time?

A good day on the bike for me is meeting up with the usual suspects and riding 350 miles with a good lunch spot and the occasional scenic viewpoint.

You might think differently if you spent more time in the area during bike with the locals, they are absolutely hated and for good reason.

Ps bike week sucks
    I like ya anytime we've run into each other man, but if his idea of a good time doesn't align with yours.... who cares. I'm not a bike week fan either but I'm also not a "true rider" that enjoys 350mi in a day, my ass hurts too much.

Please advise.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Did I just come off as a dbag? I was commenting on the pitty part but didn't mean to sound like a dick. Maybe that was a post I should have just kept to myself, sorry upside down username guy.

Really? Because we all went to HMR and I didn't see your perty face anywhere... even upside down username guy was there...

Just sayin'

Ps bike week sucks
    Generally speaking, I agree with you... but you might be a little coarse with your view.
    The 50% sales and attendance stat above last year seemed rather inflated and comical to me.

Last edited by gumby; 06-14-12 at 08:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12