Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

British Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet

British Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet

Sunday the 27th singletary rod and gun club oxford ma.http://www.massbia.com/events/event_spring2012.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: British Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet

Always an awesome turnout. Too bad I'm working as usual.

Supposed to be nice weather. I'm gonna make it this year, maybe even enter speedy in the show.

Hmmm....could be rainy, with afternoon thundershowers possible.

Perfect! I'll be there as long as its raining. Honestly, I've tried a couple times now to go out riding when rain was predicted so i can test my new Goretex riding gear and Dainese WP boots. Nothing. The past few years the BIA event has either been blistering hot and humid with no chance of rain, or rainy all day. I'll take whatever.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Never been, is the swap meet just Brit stuff or is there Jap parts also?

There is always a bunch of people selling parts for "classic" Japanese bikes, along with the ubiquitous Harley parts.

However, the dealers do bring a bigger number of the British bike parts for obvious reasons, and a select few specialize in only British parts.

This is the one for jap bike stuff http://www.rice-o-rama.com/ It's allways a great show lots of older jap bikes and part's.

pretty impressed w/ the turnout, it was hot, but lots of nice classic and newer bikes. I have nothing but respect for some of the guys riding in on stuff that i would only keep on a platform in my living room. I'll try to get up some quick pics once they are all loaded up. Even saw a guy in a "dufuckincati" t shirt!
    -bryan

a few pics of show bikes:

and some cool stuff from the parking lot:

Last edited by bryco13; 05-27-12 at 06:59 PM.

I got a few pics from the show today too. Some really nice rides there today.British Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-002-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-003-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-004-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-005-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-006-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-007-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-008-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-009-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-010-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-011-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-012-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-013-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-014-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-015-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-016-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-017-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-018-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-019-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-020-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-026-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-027-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-028-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-029-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-032-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-033-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-034-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-035-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-036-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-037-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-038-jpgBritish Iron 22nd annual show and swap meet-039-jpg

Nice photos, thanks for sharing. I had intentions of going over there but got involved installing my Garmin Zumo onto my bike. That required a lot more plastic and time than I anticipated, killing my day.

I see you got the Rocket III belonging to a friend of mine. He still does a couple of LRRS races per year to keep his edge, though that's his main ride now.

Hey, a pic of my Speed Triple!

I guess I ought to check in here more and find about who is going to these *before* the event instead of after.

FWIW, I threw up my pics that I took here on Flickr.

Personally, I think the show is going a bit downhill. I realize in the past I would complain about the lackluster obligatory blues band that might be playing covers, but at least it was live music. This year all you got was someone's iPod on random. No slow race either. Meh. Maybe I am just bitter because I think my bike is the best in their Hinckley class, although there was a nice Daytona Super III that got 2nd place.

The weather was good though.

2005 Triumph Speed Triple, Jet Black