Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

British Iron Show - May 30

British Iron Show - May 30

Has anyone been to this before? I've been to the Connecticut chapter's show a few times and really enjoyed it. Might be a good meet-up for NESR's Brit bike contingent. Who's in?

http://www.massbia.com/events/event_spring2010.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: British Iron Show - May 30

I went 3 years ago. I haven't been back, because it didn't seem like it was worth the trip. It was pretty desolate, I think there were more Triumph parts on swap tables and junk blankets than there were actual bikes at the show. As I recall, about half the attendees showed up in cages, too. They supposedly had events and competitions, but I swear I only saw one bike running around the field. Maybe you have to be an owner of a Brit bike to get it, but I wasn't that impressed.

Ive been the last couple years. There are some cool bikes but not many, maybe a few dozen or so at best in the shows.

It is more of a swap meet, with a lot of junk.

If you have nothing else to do, it is just ok to waist some time. I don't think I will pay 8 bucks to get in this year. I've not been impressed with it.

I went last year...not bad but definitely for the Brit crowd...Lars Anderson puts on better shows with was more bikes.Brit Iron is more of a "cruise" night for their club...not a bad ride out there though...

The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.....

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

I usually go to the British Bike meet at the Auburn Elks, first Sunday in June -- tons of bikes. June 6, 2010, 10am-3pm. Rte 12 Auburn MA

http://britishmotorcyclemeet.com/

And don't believe everything you think.

Thanks for the input. The Connecticut chapter's meet in August is a real nice affair, lots of bikes for judging in lots of catagories. It is held at the Haddam Neck Fairgrounds , which is a nice setting for it.
    I agree that it's tough to beat Larz Anderson, that is a veritable smorgasboard of bikes.

Lifer

That's dissapointing to hear... I was thinking of going down for it.

I usually go to at least the Spring meet, sometimes the Fall meet. You will see some nice old bikes there. No, there aren't as many bikes as you will see at the Larz Anderson meet, but there will be more Brit bikes.

The Auburn show gets tons more bikes, in a far wider variety, but the MassBIA show has food (burgers etc) + drink and music. The music for the all the past years I have gone has been a pretty tired blues band, but it is something with a different name (and hopefully different lineup/theme) this year... so who knows.

If you bring your (British) bike there you can enter it in the show. I did so with my Speed Triple a couple years back and got 2nd place in their Hinckley category.

A lot of the crowd is a spinoff on the old school Harley types, but it is generally alright. I definitely ought to be there assuming the weather is not total crap.

2005 Triumph Speed Triple, Jet Black

Don't get me wrong...if you have nothing to do that day..its a nice ride and a chance to hang out with bike minded people.

The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.....

Just a bump for this event. The weather for Sunday looks good, so I will definitely be heading out for this early and slipping the bike in to the show for the heck of it.

They have a slow race, which given all the recent practice I have had stuck in traffic, I may participate in as well. Last year's was amusing as someone on a bored out (modern) Thunderbird practically melted his clutch (somehow heavily revving the bike while feathering the clutch is good?) trying compete with a Bultaco.

2005 Triumph Speed Triple, Jet Black

I'm meeting a fellow S3er in Mystic around 10am and we'll be taking the backroads north to Oxford. We'll be sure to vote for your blacky, Gigolo!

Last edited by teemstah; 05-27-10 at 05:55 PM.