Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Burlington, VT for lunch....

Just wanted to share the post ride info.

I met up in Goffstown and worked a non-slab route to VT-100 (most notable in NH was Rte.149). Followed VT-100 up to 17. Took 17 around Lincoln Mts. which was the most incredible riding I have done in New England. I then took 116 into Burlington, had lunch on Church St. and then hit 15 out of town and around Smugglers Notch and back around and down to 100 South. I left my house at 5:15 am and got home around 11:30pm, covered mucho miles and only saw 3 cops ! I have spent lots of time in VT, most of which has been southern border, but I urge you that if you do one thing before you die, RIDE 17! I had a centerstand incident which reminded me why it needs to go, but besides that it was probably the best day of riding I have ever had!

OBTW....
    Am I supposed to hate being laid-off ? ? ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Some days you are the bug...
    Some days you are the windshiled...

What part of don't post route numbers don't people get.. Sorry just beating everyone to it

G-man

Gerard

Lets see, I had breakfast at the old Fuzzy grape now some stupid thing, went 395 to 290 to 495 to Route 3 to that turnpike thingy that most people call route 3 but really isn't to 393 over to 93 to 91 to Route 55 to Route 10 to Route 20. I had lunch in Calgary via the TransCanada.

I think I broke the law somewhere in between Webster and Montreal though the LEO's didn't care either.

Oh yeah, I never take back roads all I do is ride on slab.

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

Very good... Coppers go get em... Rt 3 393 93 95 495 all good roads to look at

G-man

Gerard

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

sounds like a good 'un, roadrage

...but it would be wise to heed the "suggestions" above...

...being a public forum, anybody can read these posts; not always because they're fellow riders looking for new roads to conquer...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

When did you hit it and why no post about hittin it? Zup33 and myself are always happy to meet people for a 17 run. Met up with SuperHawk yesterday to do it. Next time- shout me a holla dogg (. )

Got pics?

i.e.: See here

Bras cause cancer.

Everybody to the limit!

Originally posted by gsxr600ger
    What part of don't post route numbers don't people get.. Sorry just beating everyone to it

G-man
    Is this really a problem? Cops searching around websites seeing where the sportbikers go so they can lay speedtraps? I just don't see it. Is there any evidence of this, or just precautionary?

I post route numbers. Here's how I see it. Well, let start off by saying that the only routes that I have posted about were the Smuggs Notch, route 17 and 100. Now iff the cops wanted to look here for that info - something is wrong. Any day of the week a cop could go to any of these routes and sit there all day long and pick many many people off. Also, these particular routes draw a LOT of tourists, i.e. 17 is listed as one of the best routes in the NorthEast so it draws a lot of riders - more importantly, a lot of good riders. As a tourist attraction, cops are less likely to pull me over with VT plates than someone in full leathers with Jersey, PA, MA , CT plates - I see it all the time. Also, as someone in law enforcment and headed into it more, I wouldn't waste my time on a board looking for people. Cops know where the routes are that they could get people on all the time. I will continue to post routes to allow others to know the good ones and to talk to people about where to meet. Post em up so I know where the good spots are too.

Bras cause cancer.

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Hows this.

DONT POST FUCKING ROUTE NUMBERS !

USE YOUR PM IF YOU NEED TO TELL SOMEONE WHAT ROUTES YOU TOOK !

WHAT THE FUCK DONT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND !

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Originally posted by PinHead
    Hows this.

DONT POST FUCKING ROUTE NUMBERS !

USE YOUR PM IF YOU NEED TO TELL SOMEONE WHAT ROUTES YOU TOOK !

WHAT THE FUCK DONT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND !
    Yeah it's like last sunday, I didn't say hey we'll meet at this place, and then we'll head to that place, oh shit I did. Oh well the kid that crashed took the heat off of us, thanks man...

It depends on who you are and what you're doing... Now back to Nikon said bout
    cops are less likely to pull me over with VT plates than someone in full leathers with Jersey, PA, MA , CT, RI plates
    I just gotta say thank you you cocksucking fucker, and here is why I say this, when I go on a ride of more then 50 miles I wear my full suit, ya know safety and all... What I'm getting out of you is that you don't give a shit that I might head up your way as a member of NESR to go out for a nice ride and still get pulled over, cause my full suit and my sport(semi)bike... Well then I just might have to saypost your routes so when you disappear of the road the cops can find your body

Last thing, I'm pretty sure it says in the 'READ THIS' in the rides section 'don't post your routes" am I wrong???

I think that people who freak out about posting route numbers are neurotic freaks. There are always bikes, LOTS of bikes on Routes 100, 17, etc. I saw as many bikes up in VT the other day as I did cars. The cops know we're there. Speaking of cops, you know how many I saw in VT (on a very long ride)? ZERO! Unless you count a couple of sheriff's dept cars I saw going the other way once.

I'm not sure about the full gear getting me in trouble bit, though. I would agree with the instate guys getting a break though. I have found that cops are a lot more likely to take it easy on me as I ride in full gear and generally try to act responsibly vs. some young punk on a GSX-R1000 in shorts, a wifebeater (uh, tank top), and sandals. Speaking of which, on 100 the other day I saw a guy on a ZX-9R in shorts and a tee shirt with his girl on the back dressed the same way. They were going well over 100mph going past me the other way. Now that is scary.

PS-Some people around here need some anger management therapy. Oh, and I would avoid calling Nikon a cocksucker. I'm 6' tall and weigh 200 lbs. and next to him I felt very small indeed.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

So he can smash me, big deal it ain't like my mouth hasn't gotten me in trouble before.... and read '... What I'm getting out of you is that you don't give a shit that I might head up your way as a member of NESR to go out for a nice ride and still get pulled over, cause my full suit and my sport(semi)bike... ' this is why I called him a CS, if you don't look out for others then fuck it and fuck you........If you take it personal then you must have a personality problem

PS 6'1" 265

I think you can relax a little bit. He's a nice guy and I think you are taking what he said the wrong way. I don't think that he doesn't give a shit about us out of staters, but that he thinks he is less likely to get nailed as he is a local. That is very often the case, especially in rural areas. I know that where I grew up cops would never ticket people from in town. Wrong? likely, but true? sadly yes.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

SEVEN _ as superhawk mentioned, you are taking it the wrong way. Of course I care if you come up here and I would love to ride with you if you do. My point was that I don't ride liek and asshole ( I am actually quite slow) and I am not in full leathers. If I could afford to have them custom made - I would, for safety reasons. However, me in a Joe Rocket jacket, jeans and workboots, am less likely to get pulled over than someone jammin in leathers. Again, you took me all wrong. I post routes to let people know where I am heading and for people to meet up. I also have to say that I have never seen anything about not posting routes (I don't follow directions well ) but if that is the case, then ok. Point is - I live in Northern VT. If someone says that they are headin to VT to ride, routes help me decide if I can meet up or not.
    One more thing - relax man. We are all here to ride and have a good time but you have to ask yourself a serious question - do you really think that cops are going to check a board to see where people are headed? Most certainly not. No cops that I know don't even know about this or any other forum. Think of it this way - you pretty safe to post a route in VT and not have cops lookin for you.

Oh yeah - if you keep up with this attitude towards the rest of us then I guess I should just take a closer look at you sig, huh?

BTW - 6'4" 360 - I bigger

Last edited by Nikon; 07-19-03 at 10:09 PM.
    Bras cause cancer.

Originally posted by Nikon
    SEVEN _ as superhawk mentioned, you are taking it the wrong way.

BTW - 6'4" 360 - I bigger

To meet up with folks put 'northern VT ride, wanna meet up pm me and I'll give ya my cell or other mode of messaging me'

We all see shit different and that's why we are different, BTW you is a big boy it don't matter though cuaseyou don't seem like a guy who would take shit to heart. i.e. your reply... Hopefully one day we will go on a ride, also I wear JR also usaully with sneaks, unless heading for a long ride then I wear my JR razor (see cheap bastard) no leathers fo me

rebutle...

All I can say is point taken. I did stick around and lurk for a while before posting and never saw anything about route numbers, but now I know. My intent was to share about my day and let some people who may have not known (I didn't), about the great roads I found and how I got there.

I will say that through life I have found that there are many ways to make a point, you can do it loud and with a short vocabulary as "Pinhead" did, or you can make your point with a subtle suggestion as "bemused" did. I find that the subtle approach is much more effective.

I came to this board looking to meet cool people who like bikes and like riding, not to piss people off and have a flame war!

Some days you are the bug...
    Some days you are the windshiled...

by the way these are "The cops" in much of VT.

Unless you count a couple of sheriff's dept cars I saw going the other way once.

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

Originally posted by snowborder
    by the way these are "The cops" in much of VT.

It's funny you mention that cause when I was reading these posts - there was a sherrif behind me.

7 - I am big but you're right. Helps in some sitations but I usually have no intent to use it to my advantage. In Law Enforcment though - it DOES help a lot cause first impressions do mean a lot and can help when in certain situations. I studied Aikido for a period of time to learn to focus energy in a positive light. On the other hand, it helps to know that if someone throws a punch I can break their arm in three different spots in about 2 seconds . Such a great art to learn. I wish I could continue studying it but the job gets in the way.

- even though they look like Heinikin bottles - since I am posting them consider them root beer bottles

BTW - 7 - I do want to thank you for the new line in my sig though -

Bras cause cancer.

Originally posted by Nikon
    BTW - 7 - I do want to thank you for the new line in my sig though -

No prob, so I take it you are a cop along with superhawk, right??

Belive me I'll let ya know when I'm wrong and I was, there is nothing bout postin routes in the 'READ THIS' section of rides...

This is an ongoing disagreement between some people on this board, and I'm with those that say 'don't post you're routes', and you are on the other side saying 'cops don't have time to read this board to set up speed traps', man that's life...

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    No prob, so I take it you are a cop along with superhawk, right??
    Me, a cop!

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

Originally posted by 02SuperHawkRdr
    Me, a cop!

Whoops wrong username, see I was wrong again

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    crazy posts...

I think posting routes is a little bit of a pain in the ass... not because the police will decide to "stake out" those routes, but more because they will become clogged with every "Valantino Rossi" wannabe... sorry, but when I find good routes.. I keep 'em to myself and share them with a few friends

<bgsound src=http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk/sounds/ate_a_baby.wav>
    Greg-

I see what you are saying there. But if we're going on, say, a RT100 ride I don't think we're really letting anyone in on a secret road. Point taken, though.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722