Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

N.E. Dragway Friday Aug 26

Ok Thats settles it to much smack talk... re-match between myself and both Brian and Brent.... I lost by a Z1000 and an SV650, I have to redeam myself......

FRIDAY August 26th BE THERE!!!!!! I'm riding up with the bike in the bed of my truck... That way I can go out for a few afterwards....

I'm leaving from work @ 4 so I can get a run or two right away and practice, plus to beat the crowd...

Who's up for it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

Now you can have a 929 beat you too. Too bad I can't run the 600, I probably get better starts with that.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

I would like to go and show you'z up (11:2@ 126mph on my old 03 R6) but there's no fucken way I can deal with traveling north on a Friday evening again after last weekends commute to the track

Yamaha

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

mmmmmmmmmmm..............maybe.
    i dont want to put my record at risk
    Jay....put a tail light and a chain guard on the 6 and you can run it

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

i cant do friday... what about weds?
    i got a few things to work on to make sure i get passed mike, even with a head start!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

I may be up for it

Mike, bring your trailer so I can toss my bike in the back too!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I can possibly do Wednesday this week but Friday is out for me as well. That's too bad because I want to see what Clayton (aka small guy on big bike) can lay down in the quarter.

Anyhoo, here is Mike up on one wheel! Looks like whoever you raced had a reaction time slightly better than .500!

Thats definately not me. I never raced that 929, I raced a 954 but somehow managed to keep the front wheel planted!

As for tonight, I am out.. Can't do the next few drag nights either. To much to do before I leave for Deals Gap next Friday!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

blah! so who is going tonight?

I am

so far it's just me and you. i'll be on a red F3. which way are you coming from?

Talking N.E. Dragway Friday Aug 26

I may go up in the car...old dude in the silver/pewter vette......I know a few of the regular bike guys up there since i was up there every week for 15 years on various bikes...but its gotta cool off , if its too hot im gonna wait for september/october since its no use beating on the vette if its gonna go slower due to hot weather.....

my buddy might be going with his low 9 second busa , hes still trying to get into the 8's with it,,,,I might have to take it for a run for him still waiting to hear from him....

Unhappy N.E. Dragway Friday Aug 26

its 4:45 and still too warm....might go tomorrow morning while its cool out and make a few runs before it heats up...have a vette vs viper day in september that ill be there, and most of october to use that nice fresh newhampshire air to try to get under 12.5 ........

have fun to all thats going and lets see some 1.7/1.6 sixty foot times...the whole race is in the first 60 feet...have to shoot for under 1.8 to get close to what the bike mags get for your bike, i could always get the same or better than the bike mags on all my bikes...but i also have over a thousand dragstrip runs on motorcycles. my best 60 foot times were 1.68-1.72 on stock wheelbase (no extended swingarm) and no front fork tiedowns, ..now as far as cars go i kind of suck...but im learning and getting better....best on the vette is 12.63 @ 111mph ...

ive run high 9's (9.8@152) on my old 1989 gsxr1100 with an 1186cc motor and some juice (40shot) ...had a lot of traction problems with that bike once i extended it 4 inches and it blew up before i could get some low 9's out of it......

cool jack, i'll have to keep an eye out for you one of these days. is it a silver C5?

Originally posted by bump909
    cool jack, i'll have to keep an eye out for you one of these days. is it a silver C5?
    yup...
    here's a pic of me and the car at ned....

and my buddie paul on his very fast busa.....

Originally posted by gsxrjack
    I may go up in the car...old dude in the silver/pewter vette......I know a few of the regular bike guys up there since i was up there every week for 15 years on various bikes...but its gotta cool off , if its too hot im gonna wait for september/october since its no use beating on the vette if its gonna go slower due to hot weather.....

my buddy might be going with his low 9 second busa , hes still trying to get into the 8's with it,,,,I might have to take it for a run for him still waiting to hear from him....

gsxrjack, you go up at all the last 5 years? I've probably seen you around and just need to put a face with a username. Oh, and it wasn't too hot for Tony to run some 9.80s on his silver gixxer 1k

For those that didn't go last night, you didn't miss anything. It was nearly the worst night I've ever had at the drag. In the first ten minutes some stupid cage oiled the track. Of course after they got things going, the place started filling up. After making two passes a car oiled most of the far end. Took them quite a while to clean things up, and were prepping both lanes. suckage.

I was there when they opened the gates and stayed until 10, and only got 5 runs in. But I missed one because I had to swap my clutch out. My 5th pass was right at 10:00.

I'm quite sure people that weren't there really early probably only got 2-3 runs in. what a waste. I should have packed up before the last run as well.. because the dew point had hit already and the track had gone to shit after two oil downs, and the cool air hit it... there was no way it was holding the rear tire. UGH. horrible horrible night.

R105.. i got there late and only got one run in. i'm glad we didn't have the chance to talk because i would have told you about how i stalled out on the launch. i don't have the slip on me right now, but it was like a 14.1 @ 114mph.

what sucked was i didn't have the chance to redeem myself that night. i think i saw your bike, but i didn't see who was riding it. it was the late model black R1 right?

ya, I'm on a black '05 R1. I tried to keep an eye out for an F3 but didn't see one.

don't feel bad about stalling. shit happens. I stalled a few years back when I was riding a Duc M750, and I was racing a DIRTBIKE. Needless to say by the time I got the Duc started back up, I couldn't catch the dirt bike. There were A LOT of people in the crowd, and I swear I could hear them sigh as the dirt bike zipped off while I was trying to get my bike restarted. doh. hydraulic clutch + sticky track + not enough rpm = bad mojo.

last night was just a horrible night all around, I only got one clean pass with a real weak 60' and got a 10.2. bah. its funny how once you're use to 10.0s, and dipping into the 9s, that 10.2s just don't feel that rewarding. damnit.

there's always next wed. I just dread the freaking burnout contest. feh.

Originally posted by R105
    gsxrjack, you go up at all the last 5 years? I've probably seen you around and just need to put a face with a username. Oh, and it wasn't too hot for Tony to run some 9.80s on his silver gixxer 1k

For those that didn't go last night, you didn't miss anything. It was nearly the worst night I've ever had at the drag. In the first ten minutes some stupid cage oiled the track. Of course after they got things going, the place started filling up. After making two passes a car oiled most of the far end. Took them quite a while to clean things up, and were prepping both lanes. suckage.

I was there when they opened the gates and stayed until 10, and only got 5 runs in. But I missed one because I had to swap my clutch out. My 5th pass was right at 10:00.

I'm quite sure people that weren't there really early probably only got 2-3 runs in. what a waste. I should have packed up before the last run as well.. because the dew point had hit already and the track had gone to shit after two oil downs, and the cool air hit it... there was no way it was holding the rear tire. UGH. horrible horrible night.
    heres a pic of me, its been close to 5 years since ive been up there on a bike, my gsxr1100 was black/grey.......

is tony with the silver 1k the same tony with the old gs1150, cause ive know him for ages and he ran a 8.91 on that beast of his on saturday......

me and my daughter....

Originally posted by gsxrjack
    heres a pic of me, its been close to 5 years since ive been up there on a bike, my gsxr1100 was black/grey.......

is tony with the silver 1k the same tony with the old gs1150, cause ive know him for ages and he ran a 8.91 on that beast of his on saturday......

ah, so I probably don't know you then. I've only got 3 years off and on under my belt, and a couple years before that in cars.

ya, same Tony. He's one hell of a rider. 8.91, not too bad I suppose I know he's hit some 8.8x's but not sure what his best time is.

pretty neat that he can hang with the nitrous and turbo busas. and It's a damn riot when he rides that thing on street nights. the funniest is when some squid on a blinged out '05 liter bike gets up next time him, not knowing what tony has in store for him. I've seen quite a few shocked kids up there come running back to the lanes asking questions

Originally posted by R105
    ah, so I probably don't know you then. I've only got 3 years off and on under my belt, and a couple years before that in cars.

ya, same Tony. He's one hell of a rider. 8.91, not too bad I suppose I know he's hit some 8.8x's but not sure what his best time is.

pretty neat that he can hang with the nitrous and turbo busas. and It's a damn riot when he rides that thing on street nights. the funniest is when some squid on a blinged out '05 liter bike gets up next time him, not knowing what tony has in store for him. I've seen quite a few shocked kids up there come running back to the lanes asking questions
    yup, ive know tony back when he was racing his v-max with a 100,000 miles on it...tell him that Jack, the roadraceer with the old black/grey gsxr11oo was the one who taught him everything he knows...