Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Camping trip who's going

Camping trip who's going

theothersean ascaredly said:
    so what you are saying is that I should pack a syphon hose just in case..........
    Oh no, none of that stuff. Promise.

This is for Saturday, yes?

If you're cool with unimproved roads, I know some. If you're cool with some pavement in between, I can do that as well. If you want trails, I don't know much of that up around therre. A lot of the stuff I've been on up therre, my bro has handled with his R1200GS. I'll stay away from the roads (ha!) that I've ended up bulldogging the KLRs down. R7 was with my bro & I on one ride in May -- stuff like that?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Camping trip who's going

Cater it to R7 ( not sure what tires he is running??) , leah and I have done everything from pavement to full out single track stuff like GTF when it was open, all be it quite a bit slower.
    So any type of terrain is cool, Dirt roads would fit the ticket just nicely with a few paved twisties thrown in.

oh and yes this is saturday. 1030 - 11 am okay?
    thanks in advance.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Camping trip who's going

Originally posted by ChR1s
    R7 was with my bro & I on one ride in May -- stuff like that?
    I like the sounds of that, that was a fun area we went through when we saw all those tanks.... errrr BMWs
    I'm ok with paved roads, just don't want to ride them all day and kill my knobbies
    Saturday it is then, you're meeting us at the campground??

hopefully the fork seals will be done by this weekend on the rc,
    You'll take that down dirt roads/trails? COOL!!!

Yamaha

Camping trip who's going

no trails for the rc but i do have a dr? 400 i can borrow just about anytime .

Camping trip who's going

well than borrow it, I am on a dr 650, my wife is on a dr 200 R7 is on a ktm 450 motard and Chr1s is on a klr650, if his wife comes along she is on a klr250. so the drz will fit right in.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Camping trip who's going

Originally posted by theothersean
    Cater it to R7 ( not sure what tires he is running??) ,
    I'm running MX knobbies

Yamaha

Camping trip who's going

And if anyone decides to go last minute, you can show up and put a tent up on my site as I'm not using a tent and will be staying in my trailer. The cost to you will be a 6 rack of beer, 1lb of red twizzlers and 1/2 lb of plain M&Ms Site #26

Yamaha

Camping trip who's going

we are sleeping in the back of the truck so there is room on our site for a tent as well.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Camping trip who's going

Originally posted by theothersean
    oh and yes this is saturday. 1030 - 11 am okay?
    10:30-11:00 is cool. We'll both be there on our KLRs. The R1200GS may be in the mix as well. If not, I know this one road...

Meet you across the road at the "Hail to the Sunrise"?

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

pics from Saturday

Camping trip who's going

Wow, is that overlook streetbike/car accessible in a campground or something, or is it strictly dirt trail to it? Looks awesome.

Camping trip who's going

Chr1s thanks again for leading us around yesterday.

Mark, leah and I went tubing the river with a couple and had many laughs. it took us roughly 2 hrs. to get back to the campground.

We had a great weekend that unfortunately had to end in the rain, we had to break camp all wet.

but all in all a pretty decent weekend.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Camping trip who's going

Fun riding. That is, until we left youse and went to check out ______ Road. The Beemer had to limp home with its skidplate held up with a bungee cord. On our way home we got some dirty route suggestions from an old timer, which turned out to be some very nice additions to our route selections for next time.

Wow, is that overlook streetbike/car accessible in a campground or something, or is it strictly dirt trail to it?

No. You've got to hike there, technically. I'll give you a hint -- we've been with you on the road that's visible down below.

Camping trip who's going

Fun weekend

Another thanks to ChR1s for leading us around on Saturday, those were some fun dirty roads

Thanks to theothersean for taking the time organizing this event

What happened to you'z when you left the campsite, I thought you were gonna stop at the bridge where we were going in the river?
    That was a lot of fun, more than I expected. I did learn a few things about river tubing though... bring more than 2 beers as it takes a long time to float down river
    Never where white swim shorts
    Don't let your butt sag to deep or a rock may cause some discomfort

Yeah it sucked waking up to rain today but oh well, we had a blast Friday evening, killer ride Saturday, some fun on the river and a few more beers to top off Saturday night so it was all worth it

I know it sucks but we are doing it all over again this weekend up at my place in Maine Come join the fun if'n you gots a street legal dirty toy

Yamaha

Camping trip who's going

Originally posted by ChR1s
    Fun riding. That is, until we left youse and went to check out ______ Road. The Beemer had to limp home with its skidplate held up with a bungee cord. On our way home we got some dirty route suggestions from an old timer, which turned out to be some very nice additions to our route selections for next time.

No. You've got to hike there, technically. I'll give you a hint -- we've been with you on the road that's visible down below.
    Bahahaha, I happen to think I know what river that is. Ohhhh, I think I know where that is. Is it a marked trail/fishing area off the road, or what? If you could maybe point me to it, I'd appreciate it.

LOL, now that I think of it, where you see that clearcut spot on the hill for the power lines, I stopped at a little historic museum/rest stop on the road side of the river directly across from those high tension lines yesterday (saturday).

Camping trip who's going

Leah and I had friday off so we went early , set up camp then headed out for a ride . All paved though as dual sports are just as fun on the street as they are in the dirt, I wanted to hit the hair pin . Going down hill wasn't too bad, the rear broke free a bit I am running a dot knobbie after all.. But coming back through on the up hill right hander , I gave quite the show to the folk at the resturant. I took the inside line figuring I would probably run wide so I gave myself some room. So as the rear began to break free and swing around the corner my inside foot comes out to correct the issue. Well the metal toe on my mx boot was scraping the ground and no doubt showering sparks.
    So it was more of a flat tracking moment on pavement . But I managed to keep it up and ride out of it before leah came in behind me and had a chance to freek out.

Its good to discover your traction limitations at 15 to 20 mph rather than at speed.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Camping trip who's going

Yeah, it's not hard to test the traction limits with the knobbies on. I had a moment on one of them cool paved sections near the tree with the rock in the corner... little front end slide

Weather is looking questionable this weekend, something tells me we will be doing a lot of extra drinking

Here's a few pictures from the weekend

ChR1s, what happened to your brothers bike?

Last edited by R7; 08-28-05 at 07:54 PM.
    Yamaha

Camping trip who's going

Originally posted by R7
    ChR1s, what happened to your brothers bike?
    Oh, just a little snag over a boulder. I guess those things are only held on with some rubber deals -- tore the front mounts off. Hooked it up and headed back up the mountain. That particular section would've been tough on a dirt-only bike. I rode the KLR futher down, but one spot was just too nasty to subject the beast to, so we turned it around on the goat path of a "road" and doubled back. I promised to not lead the Beemer down any more shit like that. Shoulda snapped some pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12