Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Catskill Weekend Ride (Pics inside)

It was a great weekend riding in the Catskills. A long time friend and I took off from Townsend, Ma. at 8:00am on Saturday and headed to the Catskills in NY. We Went through Great Barrington, Ma via some noice twisty roads and got into NY on RT23.

By mid afternoon we did get a downpour that lasted about a half hour or so but the skies were clear as we looked north. By the time we looped around the northern portion of the park it was time to find a place to stay.

At dinner we plotted a route of exploration of the southern Catskill area (cuz I got a new Delorme Gazetteer for NY) Went back to the room and sipped some JD talking about the days adventure.

On Sunday we headed south on the routes we had planned and were not disappointed at all. Some of the roads they were resurfacing with the impregnating technique, but for the most part the roads were awesome.

We were early into our journey on a twisty road that followed a river and I almost secured Sunday nights dinner. A deer that was watering came leaping across the road less than ten freakin feet in front of me. No time to react at all. I’m glad that the dear was fast to cross the road. I can describe every scar and mark he/she had on its right side though.

There were quite a few PoPo on the main roads but we didn’t see any on the type or roads I typically like to go on. The loop we chose to explore before we headed home was awesome. One twisty after another. I am exhausted.

A few pictures of the trip are below. I think I found a new destination.

Picture of RT23. Just a sample of a very twisty road.

Same road looking west.

A shot at the same point but of the bridge that the road goes over.

I took a picture below cuz I thought it was cute that the helmet was bigger than the gentalmans daughter.

Here's a shot of the front of the place that we stayed at and of course my duc had to be in it. She is such a whore now.

Here's a shot of RT55 in the Catskills. What an awsome road. When we first turned onto it we came upon one of the very few passing areas and went to pass a fucking van that wanted the number one spot for some reason. I was clocking 100mph as I passed this asshole.

And finally just a shot of the incredible scenery one experienced in the Catskills.

Wayne-o

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Wayne-o; 06-13-05 at 03:43 AM.
    Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

great shots!!! looks like you had a blast.....

i grew up about 20 minutes away from that shot you took on rte 23. There is an awesome swimming hole about 2 miles down the road from that... complete with rock ledge jumps, natural water slide and rope swing!

i was there this past weekend visiting the fam, we probably passed one another at some point.

You should see the rest of the roads around hunter and windham... very NICE!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

looks good wayne. any of those roads be done in a day trip? if not i need to get a side car for my dog

its a long ride for a day trip... camping/overnight would be more appropriate.

sidecar: weld a shopping cart to the side of that viffer. fido will love it.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Originally posted by oreo_n2
    its a long ride for a day trip... camping/overnight would be more appropriate.

sidecar: weld a shopping cart to the side of that viffer. fido will love it.
    i'll have to get one of those big costco carts...

Well, this is the rest of the story

Wayne has a thing for dancing into a salsa rhythm while his Ducharley clutch is crackling away in 90 degree heat in traffic.

His duc turns out to be a natural deer hunter. Poor Bambi was almost sliced in half

Joe Yang
    02 Silver XX
    Worshipper of the Dragon

Wayne, how many miles did ya put on the duck?

What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP------BITCH

Originally posted by ducatiwheelie
    Wayne, how many miles did ya put on the duck?
    I'm not really sure how many miles I got outta the duc this weekend. Prolly between 6 and 800 miles. My current total milage on it is 17,564. I think I gotta push the 18k service up if I can.

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Wayne,

I've been up in that area too, Rte. 23, Kaaterskill Falls in the North-South Lake Campground/State Park. Great riding and great camping and hiking up there. One of my favorite spots in the Northeast. Glad you found it.

Did you follow all those pedestrians to the Falls? Well worth it.

02 VFR 800
    04 Monster 620