Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

CB1100F New England Spring Ride, Oneonta, NY

CB1100F New England Spring Ride, Oneonta, NY

Every spring and fall a bunch of my CB1100F.net forum friends and I get together for 3 days in some part of NE for riding and camaraderie. This year's event is going to be based in Oneonta, NY and we'll all begin arriving on Thursday, June 1st. Depending on how early people get there, some will get a couple hours riding in before dinner. We'll ride through the wonderful, winding/twisting roads of the Catskills all day Friday and all day Saturday. The evenings consist of dinner, beer, scotch, whiskey, cigars, and lots of laughs. We have riders coming in from all over NE as well as NY, Canada, N. Carolina, and Texas. Riding is brisk and if you like excitement, it can be quite aggressive if you ride near the front of the pack. We're all experienced riders and have a great time. It's the best riding I'm able to do all year.

The reason I'm posting this is because my nephew, who was going to room with me, is no longer able to come. I know this is last minute, but if one of you lives near Worcester and wants to take a couple days off from work to come, you're welcome to trailer your bike with mine and join in. While the majority of the bikes are 750F's, 900F's, or 1100F's, we have a variety of other bikes that include a Triumph, a GL1000, and who knows what else. The majority of the riders are in their 40's and 50's, but we have some younger and some older. This is one of the highlights of my year and I have been hooked ever since I started going a few years ago.

If you're interested and want to know more of the details, contact me by PM and provide a phone number. I can fill you in on the details, including sharing of costs for gas and the hotel room, which aren't bad at all. I pull a two bike enclosed trailer with a 2016 F150, so the ride out and back is a piece of cake.

Thanks.

Tom

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by tomk1960; 05-25-17 at 08:01 PM.

Re: CB1100F New England Spring Ride, Oneonta, NY

I could maybe swing out for a bit of riding one day, we'll see. I HIGHLY recommend you go to Jack's in Worcester ny and get their burger. You will not regret it.

Also in colliersville there is a small place called Pondo's, if you find yourself there do not leave without getting garlic knots.

I'll have to join in for this in a few years when my 750F is all back together!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
    I could maybe swing out for a bit of riding one day, we'll see. I HIGHLY recommend you go to Jack's in Worcester ny and get their burger. You will not regret it.

Also in colliersville there is a small place called Pondo's, if you find yourself there do not leave without getting garlic knots.
    I'll ask the ride organizer to keep those spots in mind. I know that one night we're having some unbelievable roasted chicken dinners delivered right to the hotel.

A number of us meet up once or twice a year for breakfast at the Capital City Diner in Albany. Good food and a nice break during the non-riding months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I'll have to join in for this in a few years when my 750F is all back together!
    There are extra bikes available for guys who are coming from too far away to trailer or haven't finished their restoration. Just sayin...

Last edited by tomk1960; 05-26-17 at 11:54 AM.

I'm originally from the oneonta area, there is some really great riding around there. Beautiful country.

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
    I'm originally from the oneonta area, there is some really great riding around there. Beautiful country.
    I agree. My first spring NE ride with the group was in Oneonta a few years ago. One of the members lives there and knows all the roads well. Lots of great twisties and mountain roads that were just awesome. Quite the adrenaline rush!