Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Champlain Valley RAT 2009 ride schedule

Champlain Valley RAT 2009 ride schedule

I hashed out this ride schedule today for my Triumph RAT pack. NESRians are welcome to join us whether they ride a Triumph or not. Dates could shift slightly in the event of crappy weather -- check with me if it seems questionable.

--mark

Saturday 25 April: 2009 season opener ride. Route to be determined based on weather and road conditions.

Saturday 23 May: Kancamagus Ride. Meet at 7:45am at Trader Duke's/Doubletree Hotel parking lot on Williston Rd in S. Burlington, kickstands up at 8am; or meet up with us at 9:30am at P&H Truckstop on Rt 302 in Wells River. Breakfast at P&H, then head east into NH and across the Kancamagus Highway.

Friday 29 May-Sunday 31 May: Bennington Triumph Bash in Bennington, VT. More info at http://www.armchaircommando.org/bennington/

Sunday 7 June: Bayley-Hazen Military Road exploration. This one's for the Scrambler and Tiger owners, and other dirt road aficionados. Meet at Trader Duke's/Doubletree Hotel parking lot on Williston Rd in S. Burlington at 7:45 am (kickstands up at 8am sharp) or at the P&H Truckstop on Rt 302 in Wells River at about 9:30-9:45am. Breakfast at P&H, then follow the historic Bayley-Hazen Military Road from Wells River to Montgomery, VT. This is mostly dirt roads and occasional Class 4; a streetbike could manage it, but it might get a little skittish at times. We'll be staying off the highway, so small dual-sports will have no trouble keeping up.

Saturday 20 June: Rt 140 Ride. Meet at 8:45am at the McDonald's on Shelburne Rd in S. Burlington (kickstands up at 9am sharp), or at 10am in the Rosie's Restaurant parking lot on Rt 7 in the south end of Middlebury. We'll ride south to East Wallingford, west on Rt 140 to Poultney, then back roads into the Adirondacks before heading back into Vermont via the Chimney Point bridge. Lots of twisties on this ride (including T*** Rd)!

Saturday 11 July: Gaps Ride. Meet at McDonald's on Williston Rd in S. Burlington at 8:45am (kickstands up at 9am sharp) or in the parking lot at the intersection of Rt 116 and Rt 17 East at 9:45am. We'll hit up the Appalachian Gap, Middlebury Gap, Brandon Gap -- lots of twisties!

Saturday 1 August: Adirondacks Ride. Meet at 8:15am at the McDonald's on Shelburne Rd in S. Burlington (kickstands up at 8:30am sharp) or at 9:30am at the Bridge Restaurant at the base of the Chimney Point bridge across Lake Champlain. This ride will tour some of the most scenic roads in the Adirondacks.

Saturday 22 August: Northeast Kingdom Ride. Meet in Essex at Frank's Motorcycle Sales at 7:45am (kickstands up at 8am sharp) or in Morrisville at Dunkin Donuts on Rt 15/100 at 9am. Route will be a loop of about 200 miles from Morrisville up through the NE Kingdom, into NH, and back to Morrisville.

Saturday 19 September: Kancamagus Ride. Meet at 7:45am at Trader Duke's/Doubletree Hotel parking lot on Williston Rd in S. Burlington, kickstands up at 8am; or meet up with us at 9:30am at P&H Truckstop on Rt 302 in Wells River. Breakfast at P&H, then head east into NH and across the Kancamagus Highway. This one's as good in the fall as it is in the spring, which is why we do it twice!

Saturday 3 October: Round-the-Lake Fall Foliage Ride. Meet at 9:30am in the Costco parking lot in Colchester. We'll take Rt 2 through the Champlain Islands, cross over the bridge at Rouse's Point, then ride down the western side of the lake to the Chimney Point bridge, with a lunch stop in Plattsburgh.

Saturday 17 October: Central Vermont Fall Foliage Ride. Meet at 9am at McDonald's parking lot on Williston Rd. in S. Burlington, or 10am in Barre at the gas station by the intersection of Rt 302 and Rt 110. Route will be back roads to Chelsea, Randolph, Bethel, and Rochester, looping back up to the Burlington area.

Reminder to everyone: these rides may have participants of all ability levels and riding styles. Everyone is welcome, and riders who prefer a casual pace will not be left behind. Generally speaking, the pace is moderate so as to avoid attracting police attention, but when we get into twisties we pick things up. Faster riders will wait at intersections where the route changes direction until the rest of the group has caught up. If you decide to leave the group mid-route, you need to let someone know so that we know you're safe, not missing. Please observe proper group riding behavior -- no passing within the group unless directed to, maintain proper distance between riders (don't bunch up!), and no stunting of any kind within the group!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by markbvt; 02-24-09 at 11:36 AM.
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Re: Champlain Valley RAT 2009 ride schedule

Excellent. I hope to join in on a ride on my new-to-me Triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
    Excellent. I hope to join in on a ride on my new-to-me Triumph.
    Oh my...... what did you get?

2000 Sprint RS

new bike, etc.

Kancamangus

not

Kancamagus

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

2000 Sprint RS

new bike, etc.
    Welcome to the fraternity Ken! the Rs is a nice distance sporter for sure. its no S3 but......

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Kancamangus

not

Kancamagus
    That's how I've always heard it pronounced, but Google Maps says otherwise:
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...,0.123253&z=14

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    That's how I've always heard it pronounced, but Google Maps says otherwise:
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...,0.123253&z=14

--mark
    I've always speeled it with an n, but apparently it doesn't really suposed to be there,

but I don't feel lonely, look it up both ways and you'll find as many referenced spelled either way, even google maps has it both ways

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

2000 Sprint RS

new bike, etc.
    I have wanted one for some time now (mainly due to being a trumpet fan). Being the guru you are, I will ask in the future what you think. I haven't found many write ups on it. Being an older sprint I figure they have improved greatly through the years...........One would hope

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

I wanted a Sprint RS badly for quite a while. One came up for sale at Cyclewise, so I went down there and test rode it... and promptly got a speeding ticket. And almost got hauled off to jail. That bike is very, very smooth at speed. Deceptive. I decided right then and there that fast bikes are a bad idea for me. Shame, because I loved the bike, but if I'd bought it I would have ended up losing my license.

--mark